Teen Vogue August 2009 : Emma Watson by Norman Jean Roy

^ Not at all but Agree. I think there will be a cover

Last edited by a moderator:
the editorial is beautiful! :heart: this is the teen vogue i love. still appealing to the youth, but not kitsch at all. It's actually quite whimsical..something different. love it. :heart:

Teenager forever

So incredibly beautiful, the photos (thanks so much for sharing), the setting (want to be there), the colours (my favourites) and the styling (imagine if one looked like that during the teenage years. Afraid it was pretty far from it for me, ha ha ha). :innocent:

"All that Jazz"
Ph: Daniel Jackson
Model: Arlenis Sosa
Article on Lancome's Make up artist Aaron De Mey and Arlenis Sosa

Dominicanfashionmodels.com

Last edited by a moderator:
this is like what her third teen vogue cover? i'm so in love with the editorial though!
and so ready for a new issue.. the last one sucked
and lovely to see arlenis! i can't wait to get this
they could have went a little easier on the text though

I don´t care about Emma but LOVE all the outfits! Who´s the stylist? :smile:

^^ yes, third
November 2005
June/July 2007 (with Daniel Radcliffe)
Now

I don't usually like her in fashion editorials, but she looks very good. I like the cover image and the D&G outfit looks really nice.

^same profession..

Fantastic cover.. exactly the type of atmosphere and styling I expect from a Teen Vogue production. very enchanting. :heart:

Teen Vogue really nailed it. Emma looks great here, and I especially love the fact she finally looks her age. I love it's free of those awkward poses and overdone makeup. Kudos Teen Vogue!

article from teenvogue.com

Emma Enchanted

Emma Watson has magically transformed from Harry Potter's precocious overachiever to a full-blown glamour girl. Now the sassy star starts her next act—college.

by Lauren Waterman

She was just shy of ten years old when she took on the role of Hermione Granger, the bookish, bushy-haired sidekick to the titular hero of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. So feverishly anticipated was that first film—and so beloved were its four sequels (the fifth, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, hits theaters this month)—that Emma Watson, now nineteen, has been world-famous for more than half her life.

That kind of renown has its downsides: Although the famously rabid British tabloids were (relatively) hands-off during the actress's adolescence, they celebrated her eighteenth birthday by sending so many paparazzi to cover her London party that, she says, "I literally couldn't get out the door at the end of the night." ("The worst thing," she adds, indignantly, "was that they laid down on the pavement and took pictures up my skirt. Now I'm going to wear cycling shorts whenever I get out of cars.") Her year-long romance with financier Jay Barrymore is reportedly "on/off," but Emma insists that they've actually been consistently together, and that "the only reason it's 'on/off' is because the papers make up so much rubbish!"

But observe the actress at her third Teen Vogue cover shoot—which takes place at a sprawling old English country manor that promises, in its brochure, both Norman castle ruins and "interesting shrubs"—and you'll quickly see how Emma benefited from growing up inside a fishbowl. For one thing, she is enviably self-possessed. Even when the pair of miniature horses she's been asked to lead picturesquely down a garden path become overexcited, she simply giggles and awaits her next direction.
And even when dressed in impossibly high heels, wild patterned leggings, and a poufy mini, with her hair piled precariously atop her head and fastened with brightly colored netting, Emma's poised enough to prevent the clothes from wearing her.

Fashion, in fact, has long been of particular interest to Emma. She's worn enough big-night Chanel to become friendly with Karl Lagerfeld, the line's iconic designer—"It's kind of my lucky brand," she explains, "a fail-safe"—and lately she has been branching out, experimenting with Balenciaga, Burberry (for whom she's a fall face), Miu Miu, Alice Temperley, and a little-known Englishman named William Tempest, whose designs she first spotted at an up-and-comers event called Fashion Fringe. When she's not premiere-hopping, she says, "I live, really, in jeans from Topshop, blazers from Ralph Lauren or Reiss, and ballet flats."

"It's very hard to describe your own style," she admits. "And I'm young, so I'm still experimenting. But I think it's quite British and very much about individuality." Emma says she prefers to pull her own party dresses, but even when she's short on time and must work with a stylist, she's careful to make sure that the resulting outfits don't look overdone. As she explains, "There's nothing interesting about looking perfect—you lose the point. You want what you're wearing to say something about you, about who you are."

Of course, personal style pretty much goes out the window when Emma's spending six days a week working on the latest Harry Potter, as she has done since last February. Much of her performance in The Half-Blood Prince focuses on Hermione's not-quite-budding romance with her buddy Ron—"At the beginning," Emma says, "it looks like they're on their way to finally being together, but of course Ron screws it up. So she's jealous, and doesn't quite realize it, and they have all these arguments." Meanwhile, Harry's hot on the trail of the eponymous Potions wizard and trying to convince their new professor, Slughorn, to reveal some crucial information about Harry's evil nemesis, Voldemort. All in all, a fairly exciting plot, even if Emma has to strain to remember it: The seventh book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is being split into two films, which means that she's currently promoting one movie, shooting another, and in pre-production on a third. "I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life!" she says. "I literally wear my pajama bottoms to set. I roll out of bed and put on a hoodie and some Ugg boots."

This current wardrobe will, at least, fit right in at college, which Emma plans to start in the fall. Her schedule will be tight with filming but, as Emma puts it, "I've been saying that I wanted to go to university since I was eleven, so if they didn't let me, I'd be pretty upset." (She'll likely have to shoot over her winter break, she says, and since the plot does involve polyjuice potion—"Helena Bonham Carter will be playing Hermione for a bit.")

It's not uncommon for working actresses Emma's age to apply to college, but she is quite unique in her determination to give it a serious go. Perhaps that's because she's still not 100 percent sure she even wants to be a movie star when she grows up. "There's not, like, a burning passion in me," she admits, "that I have to act and I don't care what I do. Until something comes along that I feel as strongly about as I did Hermione—like, I felt that it was life or death—I don't want to act again." Instead she'll study English Literature and art, though exactly where, she won't say. (Cambridge, Brown, and Yale are all heavily favored by the Internet rumor mill, but given her insane popularity in the U.K. and the overly aggressive paparazzi, it's likely she'll end up in the States.) "I just want to keep it private for as long as I can," she explains. "I probably sound like a paranoid nut, but I'm doing this because I want to be normal. I really want anonymity." Emma even intends to live with a roommate in the freshman dorms, a decision which Dan Radcliffe told her was crazy. "But I want to do it properly, like everyone else. As long as I don't walk in," she adds jokingly, "and see, like, Harry Potter posters everywhere, I'll be fine."

I don't see how this cover is so amazing. It's good but the primary colored text is so random, and the photograph itself is typical teen vogue, nothing special.

i got it today. the only good thing the issue had to offer was emma's interview and editorial. there was some great use of accessories within it.

cover look info (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• emmacover2.jpeg
    emmacover2.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 42
I don't like the cover but her ed looks really good. I love the colours in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->