Teen Vogue March 2010 : Mia Wasikowska by Norman Jean Roy

I do find it funny the Disney thing was mentioned... "not just another giggling Disney star", what with Alice in Wonderland actually being a Disney movie :lol:

I don't mind Mia. I can't claim to have read any interviews with her, but it's nice she's on the cover, and the photos are great, which is what matters really.

Oh...so that who she is...:lol:, is she really going to sell magazine covers with her first break-out role only happening now? Very Mia Farrow on the cover. Anyway there's Norman Jean Roy + Miu Miu + Alice In Wonderland, so really I should love it...and so I guess it's good.

I like this cover. NOt what I expected

I love this shoot. Looking forward this new issue of Teen Vogue in the mail. My fav. shot is the close up with the BIG hair piece. It reminds me of Twiggy! =)

at least this cover and the star are different. I have never heard of her, but you know what- that's a good thing, I think. Let the magazines introduce me to someone new instead of the re-hashing the same tired faces and interviews. I will look forward to getting this in the mail.

I think the cover should be for someone who has already made a name for themselves and not someone no one knows. At least wait until Alice & Wonderland comes out and Mia proves to be good in the movie.

This is not her first acting experience...of course it's a huge role and will give her a visibility unlike anything she's done before...but she had a regular role on the hbo series In Treatment with gabriel byrne tackling a lot of serious subject matter and was fantastic....she was met with a lot of critical acclaim for that role.. - she also played alongside daniel craig in Defiance among other things. she's in an upcoming film with julianne moore that played at sundance this year... anyway point being this is by no means her first role and i don't think it would be fair to call her unknown either..

I think the cover is fantastic. But the cover would have looked better with less text on in my opinion. Her look on the cover makes me think of Mia Farrow's look in Rosemary's baby.
Yes, she is a spitting image of Mia Farrow here! I love cropped, pixie hair like that. I actually think the cover here is good. Granted, there is a lot of text, but it's implemented pretty well, I think.

I don't know who this celebrity is but she looks great~ :heart:

Just got the issue...did not recognize Mia as the same girl I loved from In Treatment :shock:

Global Citizens:
Ph: Jason Kibbler
Sty: Nancy Rohde
Models: Kelly Moiera, Kiki Kang, Yulia Leontieva

Toy Solider:
Ph: Nick Haymes
Sty: Havana Laffitte
Model: Kate Kosushkina
(probably one of the cooler editorials they've done in some time)

Beautiful Dreamer:
Ph: Norman Jean Roy
Sty: Jillian Davison
Model: Mia Wasikowska

Tough Rider:
Ph: Raymond Meier
Sty: Heathermary Jackson
Model: Antonella Graef
(hair story - 3 images)

Stomp the Yard:
Ph: Miles Aldridge
Sty: Beth Fenton
(accessories story)

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, what a WONDERFUL cover choice!!! The first young actress that I've actually respected on TV pages for ages. Wasn't it Gossip Girls before? :sick:

Mia's so talented, and her gamine pixie look is absolutely adorable. :woot:

I think the cover should be for someone who has already made a name for themselves and not someone no one knows. At least wait until Alice & Wonderland comes out and Mia proves to be good in the movie.

Um. The last cover - Jessica Snore.

- No acting talent to speak of (Vanessa is the worst character, and badly portrayed to boot)
- A horrible CW tv show
- NO decent movies to speak of.

I'd say Mia, with extensive movie creds to her name, great critical reaction to those roles for her talent AND a major movie coming out is MORE than qualified than many of the ppl TV chooses for their covers.

I was absolutely blown away by Mia in In Treatment. Critics have been raving about her long before Alice.

Such a beautiful girl. Rosemary's baby!
The editorial is quite elegant and flattering. I like the fact that the direction this time is rather lacking in the teeny booper commercial department.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update yaars :flower: I can't wait to see the eds :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->