Teen Vogue May 2010 : Karlie Kloss by Patrick Demarchelier

What a fabulous editorial!

I didn't use to be a fan of Karlie's but she has grown on me and I think she looks adorable in her ed. She looks so young and fresh and radiant, just like she should. Perfect!

what is she wearing ??? noo this is not serious

alexander wang B)

by the way, does anyone know when this is actually coming out? i went to the bookstore today and miley was still there... -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
omygosh! this cover+editorial is so beautiful. i cant wait to read the article! :smile:
and i forgot who asked but no youre not the only teen who subcsribes to Teen Vogue! i do too! :heart:

yeah, at least in the shot where she's sitting on the grass with the gray dress/leather shoulder pads

^Oh I see. I thought you were referring to the dress she's wearing on the cover. :D

I love that shot of her in the Alexander Wang dress.

Finally someone put Karlie where she really belongs - Teen Vogue. The cover is lovely, the ed is lovely, let's stick to that.

teen vogue and karlie have both hit it out of the park. absolutely gorgeous, can't wait for the scans!

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I think a celebrity could have been better here... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH No sorry lol I can't believe I prefered a celebrity over a model. Ok I explain myself:

I don't like Karlie: her face is not as photogenic as I'd love it to be, then she seems way too young to do spreads where she looks weird and not age appropriate most of the time (I know the industry loves the eternal youth feeling but it's not good with Karlie, for me at least), then her walk is crazy bad and personnality wise it's a nice girl but I can't seem to like her anyway, having said that, I think Teen Vogue may be one of those mags where it's "O.K" to have an A-list celebrity and not a model (yeah other models than Karlie should be on the cover but still the title and stuff inside makes me think it's not a high fashion mag, it's more like Cosmo, Lucky or that type of mags you know). Here the cover is weird, the styling also and Karlie doesn't have the "grab-reader look" for the newstands. So yeah lol in the end I'm not impressed at all by this cover.

I think it's great that Karlie is emerging as a celeb model that other teens look to as much as the young Hollywood set. She provides an interesting alternative along with Chanel Iman and Jacquelyn Jablonski.

exactly!! or would you like teens to continue to be influenced by self-absorbed miley cyrus or taylor momsen?

I don't like Karlie: her face is not as photogenic as I'd love it to be, then she seems way too young to do spreads where she looks weird and not age appropriate most of the time (I know the industry loves the eternal youth feeling but it's not good with Karlie, for me at least), then her walk is crazy bad and personnality wise it's a nice girl but I can't seem to like her anyway, having said that, I think Teen Vogue may be one of those mags where it's "O.K" to have an A-list celebrity and not a model (yeah other models than Karlie should be on the cover but still the title and stuff inside makes me think it's not a high fashion mag, it's more like Cosmo, Lucky or that type of mags you know). Here the cover is weird, the styling also and Karlie doesn't have the "grab-reader look" for the newstands. So yeah lol in the end I'm not impressed at all by this cover.
It all comes down to personal opinion afterall, Karlie's been on a Teen Vogue cover before and I guess it didn't make so bad on the newsstands that they're now giving her a cover of her own, her story (average girl from the midwest taking over the catwalks) is the kind any middle/upper-middle class girl in America can relate to and even get inspired by if they've bought a couple of Teen Vogue issues before and are familiar with their very light-hearted aesthetic and take on fashion.. which contradictorily isn't really aimed at everyone (like Cosmo or Lucky), they make clear several times in every issue how is better to have not-so-known socialites or models as fashion icons instead of Hollywood celebrities or how a Balenciaga knock-off is better than imitating the Juicy Couture look. To me, Karlie sums up well the frequent ideals portrayed by the magazine in their content (not necessarily covers or editorials) and even though I don't think the shot on this particular cover is flattering, I think Karlie, the YSL blouse (next-door look except it's over a 1000 dlls), the simple hair and makeup and outdoors lighting is very much what one would expect from Vogue's little sister publication, it's more representative than putting someone like Lindsay Lohan again on their cover when inside they're preaching how it's good to be the entire opposite of that.

I'm 100 % with you. An alternative is pretty much needed and Karlie can definetely challenge them there...

Very nice. Karlie looks awesome. She smiles like she has a secret. I actually can't wait for her to get older. I want to see how she turns out as a woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"