Teeth Whitening

beiby

Reaction score
Okey, here is the deal. I've ALWAYS hated my teeth. They are not the worst I've seen but still.. someone is always worse right? I have two large front teeth. And this isn't something I imagine - People have commented on it :cry: :cry:

I have been looking at information about "cosmetic dentistry" and I know there are things I could do.

I know I for sure want to bleach them but I'll wait until I've fixed my front teeth in someway.

I wonder if anyone here have done anything to get that perfect smile and if so what it was?

i freak when it comes to my teeth!!
they are my best asset (for me at least) and i take care of them like they would be my babies.. cause i know they wont grow back like hair/nails!! :cry:

i had braces for years when i was a kid to get them super straight...
and the past few years i shortened my canines to make them look less dracula (im talking less than a millimetre) :shock:
and just over a year back i had them bleached with "BRITA SMILE" while in boston (cause its cheaper over there than in europe)

and just ten days ago i heard of a procedure which costs 30,000 EUROS that basically RENEWS your entire set of teeth :doh:

but they only do it in very select places and its usually for older people who dont have good teeth anymore??? i wuldnt do it: OUCH :ninja:

whatever you do, make sure you have an EXCELLENT dentist who can advise you on whats good and what not...
i always ask my dentist every detail when he touches my teeth and he knows now how paranoid i am :lol:

Originally posted by beiby@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 5:47 pm
Okey, here is the deal. I've ALWAYS hated my teeth. They are not the worst I've seen but still.. someone is always worse right? I have two large front teeth. And this isn't something I imagine - People have commented on it :cry: :cry:

I have been looking at information about "cosmetic dentistry" and I know there are things I could do.

I know I for sure want to bleach them but I'll wait until I've fixed my front teeth in someway.

I wonder if anyone here have done anything to get that perfect smile and if so what it was?
Hey- I just wanted to say that you should bleach your teeth first and THEN fix the two front teeth. My dentist always reccomends bleaching first, work later- especially if they might be placing a veneer or something on your teeth you want the whitest one you can so you bleach first and then put one on that matches.

I have veneers on my two front teeth. I was a really clumsy child :innocent: and fell and broke my teeth. :cry:

Veneers can lenghten overly short teeth and perhaps your dentist would want to use them next to your two front teeth to make teh first two teeth not stand out as much. A dentist can also make your teeth shorter. :blink: They file them.

PS- Mine were bleached with customized bleaching trays. It was extremely painful for me and made my teeth SO sensitive. It was awful. I also smoke and drink coffee so I need to bleach them but ouch I'm not sure the pain was worth it!

i know this sounds really gross but i brush my teeth with baking soda once a month. it really does keep my teeth whiter. i look at older pics of myself and i can tell a difference. my dentist reccomended it because i didnt want to pay for the up keep of trays and stuff or the in office procedure. plus, i see people who use those procedures and it looks like they have gone way overboard. i think the baking soda method if you do it only once a month maintains a nice natural shade. oh yeah, don't do it more than once a month; you'll have no enamel left on your teeth.

in highschool o had the clear ceramic braces :innocent: not as noticeable but you could still tell i had them if you were up close to me. then again, i have people who knew me for a whole year and didnt realize i had them

there's invisalign also. which is like they give you a series of clear plastic retainers and the slowly align your teeth without braces

and then theres veneers. it sounds so harsh. but yeah my friend had a huge gap between her 2 front teeth and they ended up sawing some down, extracting some others and capping some. a little too painful sounding to me.

doesn't baking soda hurt your teeth in anyway? sounds.. I don't know... like it has some unwelcomed side effect :unsure:

It's probably better for you than using those whitestrips which essentially just strip the enamel off your teeth except you use them for two weeks. Those bleaching treatments also really mess up your gums. :unsure:

i have baking soda here... I'll try it know... I wonder what it'll taste like? :wacko:

Baking soda tastes horrid, but it does help.

I drink way too much coffee, but brushing my teeth with baking soda occasionally does keep them nice and shiny and white.

It tastes truly awful, though. Salty and gritty.

The best way to do it is load up your (damp) toothbrush with baking soda, put some toothpaste on it, then dip it in more baking soda, then brush like mad. When you are done, rinse your mouth thoroughly and gargle with some pleasant-tasting mouthwash, like minty Scope.

for white teeth the most important rule is:

if you drink colored sodas (coke) or drink red wine.. make sure you always wash it down with a glass of water afterwards... even drinks stain ur teeth very quick :unsure:

the baking soda is great, but i have it done every 6 weeks by my dentist when i go for a polish..

he said i should only do it 2 times a year :innocent:

To those of you who are using Baking Soda- be VERY careful. Yes, it definetely cleans teeth but it can also clean the enamel right off! This is something that might not be noticed right away but it can definetely come back to haunt you. :( My dad wore away the enamel in his teeth by the time he was in his 50s because he brushed too harshly. :o

I am quite careful...I think I do it about every four months...it tastes so vile I can't see how anyone could do it often. I seriously have to suppress my gag reflex.

i wanted to ask on your opinions and help about teeth whitening. i have naturally beigy teeth, i don't drink coffee nor do i smoke, my teeth are quite healthy and i b rush them twice a day, yet i still cannot make them whiter.
it's really crap, because i really don't like smiling anymore :blink:
so, are there any products that work well for teeth whitening? or is it best to get them whitened at a dentist? but that is probably really expensive..

I bought a bleaching kit from the dentist. They give make a mold of your teeth which costs about $150 then the syringes of peroxide are $15 each. My two front teeth are crowns and I also recommend bleaching your teeth first then matching your crowns or veneers to your teeth. I tried other methods like baking soda and the over the counter bleaching kits but nothing worked . The kit from the dentist worked great, My teeth were very white after only using it a few times. I bleach them now every six months. Once you pay for the mold it is very inexpensive to keep it up.

Originally posted by christilynn@Mar 15th, 2004 - 7:36 am
I bought a bleaching kit from the dentist. They give make a mold of your teeth which costs about $150 then the syringes of peroxide are $15 each. My two front teeth are crowns and I also recommend bleaching your teeth first then matching your crowns or veneers to your teeth . The kit from the dentist worked great, My teeth were very white after only using it a few times. I bleach them now every six months. Once you pay for the mold it is very inexpensive to keep it up.
i do the same (bleaching night kit)

my problem is that it hurts -a lot- and mainly the day after the bleaching...
i need to do this again (its been some months i havent bleached -i smoke and drink coffee-) and i dread the pain this will cause me :cry:

but my teeth get so white, it is really worth it :wink:

what hurts-your teeth or your gums?...i got the kit from the dentist and the molds too... i only used them a few times though...i don't remember any problem...only that it was messy and yucky...do you keep it in overnight?...i could only keep it in a couple hours..

btw...how long are those gel tubes good for...i've had some in the fridge for months now :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 15th, 2004 - 2:31 am
what hurts-your teeth or your gums?...i got the kit from the dentist and the molds too... i only used them a few times though...i don't remember any problem...only that it was messy and yucky...do you keep it in overnight?...i could only keep it in a couple hours..

btw...how long are those gel tubes good for...i've had some in the fridge for months now :unsure:
:angry: :cry:

My TEETH hurt so so much from the custom tray's and bleach gel- super sensitive and painful. I never imagined teeth could hurt so much.

I imagine your gel is still something you can use, especially if they were in the little individual sealed containers?

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:17 pm
My TEETH hurt so so much from the custom tray's and bleach gel- super sensitive and painful. I never imagined teeth could hurt so much.

I imagine your gel is still something you can use, especially if they were in the little individual sealed containers?
its was the worst pain, i didnt mind it while i was wearing the custom tray..
the pain started the next day i dread having to do this again, i actually stopped drinking tea and red wine so to keep my teeth white following the ordeal..
and yes, i kept it the whole night :doh:

i still have some gel tubes in the fridge too :lol:
i should use them :cry: i'm scared :ninja:

I have dracula like canines...I could have them reduced but they're so good for scaring people I don't want to... :innocent:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Mar 16th, 2004 - 12:07 am
I have dracula like canines...I could have them reduced but they're so good for scaring people I don't want to... :innocent:
Me too! Well, not that long maybe, but certainly noticeable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->