Teeth Whitening

crest would never stick to my teeth, but now the 3D strips have advanced seal.

My sister got a box of Crest Whitening Strips Professional for me when she was in the US, it was great! I used 3 stripes consecutively and saw significant results. Now, I use the strips monthly for maintenance. I didn't choose to have white and bright teeth, I'm just glad that it is less yellow now.

I use the crest whitening strips and they work amazingly well for me! I only have to use four or five strips to get the result I want so I never go through a full box at a time. I usually use them every 6 months.

Swissdent actually works, I've been using it for quite sometime and I like the results

i bought scope whitening mouthwash, but it leaves this film on my teeth every time i use it.

I have the molds you get made at the dentist and they give you a gel filler which is stronger than Crest white strips (can't remember the exact percentage more the dentist filler has of the whitening agent than crest whitestrips). It takes about a week to see results, and they suggest doing it for 2 weeks. It's nice because the molds don't have to stay in as long as the white strips (15 minutes, 2 x a day) and they stay in place. I think it was around $200 which is pretty decent considering you have the molds, and they give you enough of the gel you put in the molds to last a year.

^I'm having my molds done on Thursday. Can't wait!! Will let you guys know how it turns out. A friend did it almost 2 years back, and still looks good. So I'm guessing that it does last pretty long. Hopefully it'll turn my teeth whiter!

it does sound like the moulds are the best investment
let me know how it turns out [vogue]?

vogue i'd be intersted in hearing which product/gel they give you.

the best advice i can give is to not get your hopes up... i had high hopes with my first round of using dentist moulds, but the product itself wasn't that good.... so they hardly whitened because i had to stop out of too much pain, and the bit that they did whiten, didn't last long. i think i used Pola Night.

i'm now trying again with just the boil-and-bite moulds/mouthgard things, because i no longer have my dentist ones, with a new gel called Day White.

once i get my wisdom teeth out, i intend to get new dentist moulds.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 RULES FOR WHITER, BRIGHTER TEETH

Brush with the Best
You should brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes, holding the head at a 45-degree angle away from your gums. Go with medium or soft bristles—stiff brushes will scrape your gums raw. Best, though, are the electrics—they clean better, they're gentler on gums, and they make you commit to the entire 2 minutes. You should ditch your stick every 60 days or when the bristles become bent, whichever comes first.

Watch Your Whites
First-time users of tooth whiteners often experience sensitive teeth, says Richard Price, D.M.D., of the American Dental Association. Salvation: A study in the Journal of Clinical Dentistry reports that people who brush with potassium nitrate toothpaste for 2 weeks before starting at-home whitening are less likely to feel increased sensitivity. Our favorite: Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste.

Just as important: knowing when to stop your whitening routine—like if your chompers start to turn blue around the edges. "This signals a breakdown of dentin," says Jonathan Levine, D.M.D., founder of GoSmile, "which is the substance beneath the tooth enamel that's being whitened."

Make Your Teeth Shine
When picking an at-home whitener, use common sense. "Don't be fooled by false whitening claims," says Gerard Kugel, M.D., an associate dean of research at the Tufts University school of dental medicine. Simply put: Stronger bleach concentrations work faster. If you want a complete overhaul from a home kit, look for a carbamide peroxide concentration of at least 10 percent. In a German study, in-office trays whitened teeth six shades in three sessions ($500 to $1,000), and the at-home variety required seven uses ($300 to $600). Whitening strips required 32 applications ($20 to $150).

But you can't just suck a strip and forget it. Use a whitening toothpaste to keep the shine from fading, and a whitening floss—the plaque-heavy areas between your teeth soak up colors. Finally, watch the coffee, juice, and wine: They're oral-bling killers.

Banish Dragon Breath
If brushing and flossing aren't doing the trick, go hunting for tongue gunk. "Your tongue is like a shag carpet from the 1960s—bacteria are hanging out, clinking champagne glasses," says Jonathan Levine, D.D.S., which means they're probably smoking pot, too. The answer: a tongue scraper. Look for one with a rigid edge like OraSweet's ($3.50, orasweet.com). Reach as far back as you can, then pull forward, scraping your tongue. Follow with a peroxide mouthwash. Don't overscrape, warns Fuad Malik, D.D.S., a New York City dentist. It can cause "hairy tongue," which isn't kinky at all.

menshealth.com

@Bianca & BLUECHIP: Certainly. I will update you guys on how it goes. The appointment with the dental surgeon is tomorrow and I'm already feeling really excited! Well, I don't exactly have very yellow teeth to begin with, but I'm just really interested in getting them several shades lighter and brighter. I think it makes a whole lot of difference to one's looks. After all, I don't mind sacrificing a pair of shoes and/or a top for my teeth which will last longer than them!

The product they give is supposedly pretty good. A friend who recommended me this said that it hardly caused him any pain, and still did the job really well. TBH, I was really surprised that he said that he did it 2 - 3 years ago 'cos his teeth were really nice and white! Advice he gave was to try drinking 'dark coloured drinks' like coffee, tea, fruit juices and such with a straw to totally by-pass the teeth to prevent staining.

I'm starting a Crest Advanced Vivid package on Saturday ^_^ Will post the results! :flower:

uk people - who is a trusted and genuine ebay seller for crest white strips? or where can i get them? :flower:

^ can you not buy white strips in the drug store there? you can get them almost anywhere here

^
no. i use to work as a dental nurse here in london and apparently the amount of peroxide required to whiten your teeth has been banned (to control the sensitivity issues people have from teeth whitening) from being sold at any store. so for teeth whitening, you will have to visit the dentist.

Update: I received my teeth whitening teeth molds and peroxide gels and have started using them since last Saturday. So it's been just about 3 applications so far. Well, I must say that it really works!!! Just 3 applications of 3 1/2 hour sessions, and I'm pretty sure that my teeth have lightened at least 1 - 2 shades! I'm going to continue using it for the 2 week period and update how it goes!

^
no. i use to work as a dental nurse here in london and apparently the amount of peroxide required to whiten your teeth has been banned (to control the sensitivity issues people have from teeth whitening) from being sold at any store. so for teeth whitening, you will have to visit the dentist.

damn, there's no way i can afford that :(

vogue - what is the gel called that you use? thanks :smile: good to hear you're having positive results

Hi! It just comes in a syringe with a blue sticker on it. I'll post the brand of it when I get the chance to!

Bianca - I use the Day White gel at 9.5% hydrogen peroxide (I think they come in multiple strengths?). For as long as I've used it, it's been very effective.

Tifa - I can't recommend any seller specifically but as long as they are a super seller and have good feedback there is no reason not to trust them. I get a lot of cleaning products on Ebay that I can't get here and I haven't had any issues. Alternatively, if you are going on vacation to the US or Canada in the next year I would pick them up there, or go to a dentist there for moulds, as they are cheaper in North America (and I think the overall quality is higher).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->