Teeth Whitening

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by beiby, Feb 22, 2004.

1. ilovepositano

ilovepositano New Member

i did britesmile a few years ago, and then zoom this past year. i also got professional trays that i do for maintenance. i like the trays alot more. both dental office visits hurt like hell. who needs their teeth to be white "in just one hour" if you really think about it? i think dentists only do it to make alot more money. the trays are just as, or more effective, but don't cause you such extreme pain.

2. jdrumstik

jdrumstik New Member

What exactly are these trays?

3. J.uicy

J.uicy New Member

Whitening Trays

WHITENING TRAYS - are like mouth guards. You go to your dentist and get an impression of your teeth done both top and bottem, and within a day or so they should be ready. If you know what a mouthguard looks like, that best bescribes a tray, only their clear, thinner, and fully formed to your teeth, both top and bottem.
    With whitening trays you simply place the whitening solutions into these trays, a tiny drop per tooth, and wear them for 2-3hrs at most. Most comfortably worn when sleeping. It doesn't matter if you wear it past 3hrs, the whitening gel stops being activated past that 3 hr duration of time.

Hope that helps you Jdrumstik..

#83 J.uicy, Dec 13, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Dec 13, 2005
  4. Guessgirl96

Guessgirl96 New Member

I've tried crest whitening strips and I get so many compliments on my teeth, they really work. Do the 14 days ones though, the 7 days ones made my teeth hurt so bad I couldnt finish the pack.

I've used the crest white strips 3 times in about the past 2 years, and I use rembrant intense stain to keep my teeth white, I think all this bleaching is turning my teeth literally transparent :shock: If I press my tounge against my teeth and look in the mirror, you can see a very slight pinkish shade at the tips of my teeth. You really cant see it all though when I'm smiling or talking so I dont care so much.

I'm tried gosmile and I found it very odd to use. Your supposed to put it on your teeth and go, but it doesnt work for me, I cant talk or eat with it on. I leave it in for about 20 mintues and then spit it out but I dont think thats what your supposed to do. I didn't really see miraculous results with it either like I did with the crest strips. One one time when I was breaking the little glass container, the glass went throught he plastic and cut my finger :doh:

5. NicoleKass

NicoleKass New Member

I did britesmile and it worked pretty well for me. My teeth is much whiter and it doesnt cost that much :innocent:

6. raphaella

raphaella New Member

so is the consensus that britesmile or gosmile at home kits are best? if niether which tray do you think is?

7. raphaella

raphaella New Member

so is the consensus that britesmile or gosmile at home kits are best? if niether which tray do you think is?

8. raphaella

raphaella New Member

no one seems to be answering and is slipping away so thought id bump it up a bit!

9. elizaveta

elizaveta New Member

ive been usuing the crest whitening strips for a few days now
    they work, but they fall off easily

10. litchickuk

litchickuk New Member

ive just bought a teeth whitening kit. hopefully itll remove some of the cigarette stains i have!

11. Tushka_BeLLa

Tushka_BeLLa New Member

Has anybody tried Whitestrips the ones that you stick in for 30 mins twice a day?

12. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

ooh I'm so glad we have this thread. I was so going to do a search today for teeth whitening as I've always wanted it and am now considering it. But it is more expensive in London....don't know if I can wait to get back to Canada though for it. Can't wait to read through the posts.

So has anyone else had Zoom bleach or BriteSmile (in the dentists) done? Is the overall consensus that it's worth it?

#92 Meg, Mar 7, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 7, 2006
  13. Missoni~Heiress

Missoni~Heiress Seductress in Eden

My teeth are pretty good, but im obsessed with brushing. I always throw my toothpaste and toothbrush case in my handbag. I brush like from 3- 6 tims a day :ermm:

14. lostinemotion

lostinemotion New Member

has anyone tried ZOOM teeth whitening? I see it on all the make over shows and america's top model. I did britesmile, but didn't feel it was dramatic..
    I used Go Smile and that was good, but it is expensive.

15. elizaveta

elizaveta New Member

i used them
    they work great!

16. Ungaro Kitty

Ungaro Kitty New Member

Too much brushing (especially with lots of toothpaste) can damage your teeth because it will eventually wear out the enamel on your teeth, which will turn them yellow and also make them weaker. I hope you're at least using a super soft brush.

17. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Hi,
    I'm thinking about getting my teeth whitened professionally and was looking at BriteSmile but its around £400 at the very least.

Is it worth that much money, and how long should it last? i smoke occassionally (social smoker i guess), so i imgaine that would make a slight difference.

Also i'm going travelling around Asia and then to New York, will strong food colouring in food from Thailand etc stain my teeth more if i'd just had this treatment?

Would it be a good idea to use the strips while i'm travelling and then get it done professionally in NY? as it would be cheaper.

18. Zoolander

Zoolander New Member

Use some baking soda. Put a drop or two (or your wet toothbrush) in some and just brush your teeth, not your gums - it'll irritate them. Just brush your front teeth. It always makes them look whiter, but not freakishly white like products and laser stuff does.

19. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Oh right, i'll give that a go. ^_^

I have to say i do hate that freakishly white smile, i'd never have veneers either, they look so obviously fake.

20. daddyslittlegrl8

daddyslittlegrl8 New Member

It seems like everyone in the world has had success with whitestrips except for me. They did nothing...I mean nothing. Actually take that back..it made my teeth wicked sensitive.

dlg