Teeth Whitening

I did the britesmile in NY. They give you a before and after picture. They also offer toothpaste to keep up between and these "marker" type brushes to carry in your purse, if you drink wine or something.

How much is it to get Brite Smile in NY?

I'll be there from July until December so i'll definately have time to get it done at some point.

I heard its cheaper than in England anyway, so that would suit me just fine!

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Has anybody tried Whitestrips the ones that you stick in for 30 mins twice a day?

Absolutely, what, the "old school" Whitestrips? :smile:

I bought these when they first came out, back when they were $40 a pop (in 2001, I think). They're awesome. It was a very noticable difference, and my teeth stayed pretty white past the 6 mo. mark.

I definitely, definitely, definitely recommend Whitestrips.

Meg said:
ooh I'm so glad we have this thread. I was so going to do a search today for teeth whitening as I've always wanted it and am now considering it. But it is more expensive in London....don't know if I can wait to get back to Canada though for it. Can't wait to read through the posts.

So has anyone else had Zoom bleach or BriteSmile (in the dentists) done? Is the overall consensus that it's worth it?

Meg, I know my mother's dentist told her that Whitestrips will do about just the same trick as those more expensive options. In fact, she buys Whitestrips from the dentist (must be a bit stronger than in retail chain stores).

I used McLeans whitening strips (30mins twice daily) and they did whiten my teeth, noticeably. Others would remark on the whiteness. However, they did increase sensitivity, but not so much that i was rushing to the dentist.

Casanova said:
Hi,
I'm thinking about getting my teeth whitened professionally and was looking at BriteSmile but its around £400 at the very least.

Is it worth that much money, and how long should it last? i smoke occassionally (social smoker i guess), so i imgaine that would make a slight difference.

Also i'm going travelling around Asia and then to New York, will strong food colouring in food from Thailand etc stain my teeth more if i'd just had this treatment?

Would it be a good idea to use the strips while i'm travelling and then get it done professionally in NY? as it would be cheaper.
Hi, one of my friends worked as a dentist for BriteSmile out here in CA. If I recall, the treatment (1x) costs around $500-600 US, but I'm not positive... she gave me a free gift certificate last year and I went to go use it in Dec but the dr there said my teeth were too white and it wouldn't change much. I thought it was a joke b/c I'm NEUROTIC about my teeth... but my dentist gf agreed, so I gave the gift certificate to my Dad.

BriteSmile changed my dad's (non-smoker, non-drinker) teeth approx 7 shades whiter! He was extremely happy w/ the results. But you should note that smoking, red wine, cofee, tea, dark soda etc... will darken your teeth and you should definitely avoid them after treatment (at least for a few days).

I use bleaching trays that I purchased from my dental office and they work very well. My dentist gf told me that the trays and Britesmile will achieve the SAME results... except the trays take more time to achieve the Britesmile results. You should talk to your Dentist about bleaching trays, it is less expensive then Britesmile in the long run. Also note that you can purchase the bleach in different strengths of the gel... my 1st dentist only gave me 7.5% Carbamide Peroxide, but I'm impatient and when I do bleach I like to do the 16 or 20%, although the higher I go the more sensitive my teeth become afterwards (temporary). (I've never tried the strips)

In college I worked for a dentist and I can not stress the importance of flossing and professional cleaning 2x per year. Sorry to sound so preachy... I'm just obsessed w/ white, clean teeth! :blush: :flower:

I hope this info helps you... and I am SORRY to everyone for writing such a LONG freaking post!!! :flower:

~ d.

:ninja: psst... I even drink soda, if I do drink it at all, ONLY w/ a straw... placed far back in my mouth b/c I don't want it to stain my teeth!!!!:lol: :lol: Is that crazy???:innocent:

Thanks for the advice lilskydiver ^_^

I'll talk it over with my dentist.
XxX

casanova- in ny, if you call ahead to book an appt, they sometimes have this special...and if you secure the appt with a credit card, they will take 100 off. I paid 400 for mine at the one in soho.
the dentist their said the britesmile ampules are more powerful, but obviously takes more time to achieve the whiteness.

Oh thank you! Thats excellent.

I ordered some crest whitening strips the other day, so i should get them through the post tomorrow. Cant wait to try them out!

If they work ok then i will probably keep topping up the whiteness every now and again with the strips. If not then i will def get them done prof in NY.

Thanks again for the tip Lostinemotion.

XXX

casanova, I meant the dentist from britesmile said that the go-smile ampules were stronger. either way, i am sure it is all the same, just a matter of how fast you want the results.
my friend gets her crest white strips from the dentist which are stronger than the one's they sell in the stores..
her teeth are GLEAMING..lol

lol!

i'm not sure if i would want mine crazily white, my skins very pale so with bright white teeth as well, i may start blinding people!

cheers again lostinemotion ^_^ i'll look into go-smile when i get to NY if i'm still curious.

Has anyone had lazer whitening done? I'm thinking about getting mine done- i want gleaming white teeth, but don't want to pay more than $500 (or thereabouts), and live in Australia. Any thoughts or tips? Would the ordinary store bought Crest Whitestrips alone produce gleaming teeth? I thought lazer whitening sounded the most appealing, as it surely wouldn't be as harsh on the enamel as bleach which will strip your teeth and make them sensitive and more prone to staining in future.
Thanks in advance :flower:

Boots & Perfume said:
Would the ordinary store bought Crest Whitestrips alone produce gleaming teeth?

It depends on the current shade of your teeth. And really... I've seen soo many people with unnaturally-white teeth...it's quite offputting. :innocent:

i tried the crest whitening strips and they caused me such great pain, i couldn't run to the bathroom fast enough to brush it all off!! it was horrible pain.

^ Did the strips touch your gums? :unsure: I usually felt a bit of pain, but once I started placing the strips and stuff JUST on my teeth, the pain subsided.

I put them on the gums and I had no pain. I think it just depends on the person. These worked well (okay I didn't use up the last couple of days) but as soon as I drank a cup of tea my teeth were back to where they were before. Tea seriously stains the teeth. Think I'll just opt for laser.

shelley502 said:
i tried the crest whitening strips and they caused me such great pain, i couldn't run to the bathroom fast enough to brush it all off!! it was horrible pain.

that usually happens if you already have sensitive teeth, or if you've got a cavity...and if you do have a cavity, the peroxide can cause it to open up...i'd schedule a check-up if i were you.

Last year, when I smoked and went thru my red-wine phase, I tried the White-Strips, and everybody commented on how white my teeth looked..I, myself, didnt notice anything, but I take oral hygiene very seriously, so Im always looking at my teeth...

This year, I recently stopped smoking, and not very fond of red-wine, so I tried the BriteSmile whitening pens. You click it until the gel comes out of the attached brush, and you brush it on over your teeth. I do this in the AM & PM after brushing, and with these, I myself notice a definite difference..Hell, even my new boss said "Thats the first thing I noticed about you when you came in for your interview--how white your teeth are." Score!

But, I guess the most important thing is: who cares how white your teeth are, just so as you have teeth in the first place :flower:

I had that britesmile pen, to use between meals etc, it did seem to brighten it up after my laser treatment.
I think Go Smile worked better and you don't have to worry about it getting on gums like the white strips.

the regular crest white strips worked so well for me! But I think a little TOO WELL becaue people noticed how super white my teeth were and kept asking me where I got them done so that was somewhat embarrassing.
but there was a little sting to it when i applied them to my teeth/gums, but I still think it was worth it. AND AFFORDABLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"