Tennis anyone?

I think Nadal's real advantage is his strenght and the fact he can play with both hands(he seriously needs to thank his coach for that)

pocodolce said:
do u think it's an advantage to be tall when ur playing tennis???

Of course! The taller you are, the more your reach.

It's definitely an advantage to be tall in tennis because then your serve has more power(the tallest of the pros usually have the biggest serves), you can cover more at the net(high lobs and volleys), and you have more reach. Sometimes though if you're very tall you're more ackward at footwork and moving around. You don't have to be very tall to play well though. I'm 5'6 and I've played against short girls who played very well. You don't see many tennis professionals around my height though(Justine Henin-Hardenne being an exception).

I thought I might try to revive this thread! I'm trying to get fit again after dealing with personal health problems and I've always loved playing tennis so I thought it might be one way to help me feel good about myself. I've never played on a team, just spent a lot of time when I was younger at my friends tennis court, practicing my serve and running around. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how damaging it can be on feet? I've had some foot surgeries and tendonitis in the past and I'm a bit worried that I'll re-injure myself. I'm planning on coupling my tennis playing with some yoga which I think will help me get flexible again and help with my tennis playing as well. So I guess... does anyone have suggestions for someone getting back into the sport? Thanks. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->