Terry Richardson banned from working with Conde Nast

kokobombon

Reaction score
Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson 'is banned from working with major fashion magazines including Vogue' after sexual harassment claims resurface
  • Vogue, GQ and Vanity Fair among those told to 'kill' collaborations with snapper
  • An email was circulated among staff by parent group Condé Nast International
  • The American, aged 52, known for incorporating explicit themes into his shoots
  • Has been subject of several allegations of sexually abusing models over career.
Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson has been banned from working with several major fashion magazines amid resurfacing sexual harassment claims.
Vogue, GQ and Vanity Fair are among those who were told to 'kill' any scheduled shoots with the snapper by parent group Condé Nast International.
Richardson has been the subject of widespread allegations of sexually abusing models over his lengthy career -- accusations he has constantly denied.
The 52-year-old New Yorker is known for incorporating explicit themes into his shoots, and directed the sexually-charged music video to Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus - which she later said she regrets.
According to the Daily Telegraph, an email was circulated among staff of Condé Nast International after an article in a Sunday newspaper questioned the photographer's past.
The email, sent by the firm's executive vice president James Woolhouse, said future articles with Richardson should be 'killed or substituted with other material'.
He wrote: 'I am writing to you on an important matter. Condé Nast would like to no longer work with the photographer Terry Richardson.
'Please could you confirm that this policy will be actioned in your market effective immediately. Thank you for your support in this matter.'
Richardson's contract arrangements with Conde Nast had been in discussion for several months - but after an article was posted that questioned why he was still being 'feted by fashionistas' ties were officially cut.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5010505/Terry-Richardson-banned-major-fashion-magazines.html

F*cking finally!

Valentino must be banging their heads against the wall...

Well, he'll find an other occupation for the 6 months this ban will last.

I really do wish it's for real this time. This man still being featured is a disgrace to the whole industry.
And while I applaud everybody who has spoken out and/or promised to be more considerate about matters of sexual power structures in the future, I can't help but be disgusted by the hypocrisy of it all. Everybody effing knew he was a perv, it was in the media countless times. It's not like the gates of hell opened for a split second last month and brought sexual harassment onto our lovely little earth. It's been there for ages and you Condé Nast guys have all been complicit. It makes me angry how they try to cover up everything they failed to have done in the past. I really hope talk isn't as cheap as it used to be.

After a certain length of time has elapsed, it would be easy to present yourself as a reformed individual and get hired again.

The question would then be - if Terry no longer abused his position, would people accept him working as a photographer again? Or has enough happened in the past to ensure he should never again be allowed to profit from working on the same level?

Wow. This must be super recent (and because of the massive Weinstein scandal) because he has an ed in October's W magazine (which is Conde Nast.) Interesting to see if other magazines (like Bazaar) continue to use him after this

No more French Vogue editorials?

giphy.gif

giphy
Bye, Felicia.

I chose that gif of Rie Rasmussen because she confronted him many years ago at a party and yelled at him that he was a sex abuser. What a Queen. :lol:

I chose that gif of Rie Rasmussen because she confronted him many years ago at a party and yelled at him that he was a sex abuser. What a Queen. :lol:

And it was Rie doing that, that got other women talking about Terry. She started it all

lol it took them LONG ENOUGH!!!!!! It´s been at least 8-10 years that we´ve been hearing stories about him!!! Conde Nast must feel ashamed to have allowed him to work for so long. I also believe Valentino must feel very stupid right now and Glenda at Harper´s Bazaar as well!!! OF COURSE Weinstein´ scandal story ``helped´´ to reveal Terry´s past once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Valentino is gonna pull off their ads? If Terry Richardson was banned from Conde Nast publications does that mean ads photographed by won't run on their magazines and other media platforms?

I wonder if Valentino is gonna pull off their ads? If Terry Richardson was banned from Conde Nast publications does that mean ads photographed by won't run on their magazines and other media platforms?

I certainly expect and hope that to be the case.

Good f&%king riddance, Terry.

It's taken FAR TOO LONG to make this happen - but better late than never. If a third of the claims against him are accurate then he should be imprisoned, forget about simply banned from Conde Nast.

judging by the nature of his photos alone, you could expect from him to think twice before doing something.
He deserves it and it took too long for CD to make a decision. Even if Terry did some wonderful editorials and campaigns that i still love to this day, seeing his photos was very uncomfortable as we cannot separate the man from his art.

I believe some magazines, editors and brands will conttinue to colaborate with him but without mentionning his name in order to not face a backlash.

So, now, let's talk about Roman Polanski...

F I N A L L Y !!
Now Hearst time to step up. And I really hope Valentino gets it together and pulls their campaign. They have the resources to reshoot abd publish a new campaign in a week.

After a certain length of time has elapsed, it would be easy to present yourself as a reformed individual and get hired again.

The question would then be - if Terry no longer abused his position, would people accept him working as a photographer again? Or has enough happened in the past to ensure he should never again be allowed to profit from working on the same level?

Can you he actually present himself as reformed without accepting some form of guilt?

My thought is that Conde Nast no longer wants to risk using Richardson, partly given the extent of the outrage over Weinstein and partly because the increasigly fragile industry they work in. I doubt they want the public turned against them on a large scale.

F I N A L L Y !!
Now Hearst time to step up. And I really hope Valentino gets it together and pulls their campaign. They have the resources to reshoot abd publish a new campaign in a week.

Yeah they really have no choice, in my opinion.

On Tuesday afternoon, a Valentino spokesperson told the Daily Beast: “Valentino's last campaign with photographer Terry Richardson was shot in July 2017–there are no plans on a future campaign and, of course, take these allegations against Terry Richardson seriously.”

A spokesperson for Valentino would not elaborate on why the label had decided to terminate their working relationship with the photographer only now, in the wake of Richardson being blacklisted by Condé Nast International titles, including Vogue and GQ.
dailybeast

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->