Terumasa Nakajima

cerfas

Reaction score
These images are from Terumasa Nakajima's 3rd year Masters student show at the Antwerp Academy

Inspired by the french novel “La Dame aux camelias” which is a love story of prostitute.
I was so impressed the heroine’s way to live as a girl.
It was so sophisticated, elegant, independent and pure.
On the other hand, it was also about a prejudice.
At the same time, i was interested in the artwork of Lee Bontecou which is mixed an organic and a technology.
To express the feeling,
i tried to combine them together and use lace as a classic and make it modern, sharp, active and strong mixing with a line from industrial design like car, ship and space ship and art deco as a technology to show a differnet impression which we have in general.
Also i treated a lace stiff by a resin and tried to make a volume with it.

2nd-unjhgu1-400x577.jpg

2nd-400x577.jpg

3rd-400x577.jpg

images from changefashion.net

really beautiful use of material. thanks for posting this

when did all the student work coming from antwerp get so boring?

they really lost their magic touch there, or am i the only one who feels this way?

x

Is that tulle? I'm generally not a fan of too much lace so this doesn't really appeal to me aesthetically. And models kinda look like jellyfish.
But I love how he's put lace at the back of the shoes, making the models look like they're floating on white smoke.

that's why I want to see the HQ'S, maybe up close it's more appealing, and the layers of lace make some kind of interaction with a visual result...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->