Tess Giberson Resort 2016

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Antonia Sardone
Inspired by architect Walter Gropius’ residence in Massachusetts, Tess Giberson played with the juxtaposition of the clean, modern lines his Bauhaus design is known for against the crafty, artisanal hand he displayed in his home. She translated her inspiration with a cool and edgy mix of lush textured knits, macramé tops and dresses, a fur vest, a mixed-yarn jacquard bomber jacket and a bright red pleated dress.

Red was the only accent color the designer used amid a sea of black and white, as she paired crafty pieces with lean, linear trousers and skirts that had an effortlessly modern appeal.

wwd.com

Ugh, this brand is growing up faster than I am. Sorry, I'm not ready to dress like a lady yet :Pink: I miss the edgier, more Ann D-like Tess Giberson stuff. The second look is pretty cool, but I don't see myself wearing any of this. Looking forward to more pictures, though -- if there is more in this collection. Thanks for posting!

My issue with this is that there are plenty of designers doing this sort of minimal/sophisticated thing already. Also, citing Bauhaus as an inspiration made me groan. I mean... it's not bad... but it's not exciting or original, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->