Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
tess-giberson-ss10-001.jpg

tess-giberson-ss10-002.jpg

tess-giberson-ss10-003.jpg

Tess Giberson Returns With A Spring Collection to Covet

By Michelle Christina Larsen

After a three year run as design director at cashmere company TSE, the ever sophisticated Tess Giberson is flying solo once more—and we're welcoming her spring '10 collection with open arms. The trademarks are all present: Classic black and white combos, practical knits paired with softly tailored wovens, and a touch of asymmetry to keep the whole thing interesting. The minimalist spring silhouettes and strong design details make for the perfect blend of in-your-face understatement. Tess never was one for the fashion industry spotlight, but we can bet she'll have a hard time avoiding attention once this collection catches on.

*refinery29.com

although i feel she is very much capable of stronger work it's really exciting to have her sense of simplicity back on the scene under her name.

although i feel she is very much capable of stronger work it's really exciting to have her sense of simplicity back on the scene under her name.

i agree, perhaps this collection was rushed or something

Very nice but also incredibly pedestrian when compared to her earlier work. Still miss her over @ TSE...

Ty for posting, Scott..

okay,i was told that this was a capsule collection completed only in a month and a half. the official thought-out re-launch will be for the autumn season. this sort of a jumping off point to get back into the arena,so to speak.

what a perfect time for her to return and i don't mean this in a negative way or at the expense of her but since we've lost branquinho,we need that kind of subversive dynamism to remain. that mix of complex and sublimely simple. alluring yet ubashedly poetic. something that's intensely personal and never panders to the fashion environment. tess has always been brilliant at that,i've felt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->