tFS Art Gallery #2 - Your Paintings, Sculptures, Drawings & Artwork

Hi everyone!

I just started drawing a few weeks ago - before that I could not draw for the life of me! I started by trying to copy other artwork, before I managed to draw from photos. I'm still a bit shaky when drawing just from the mind - I still need a lot of practice when it comes to proportions etc.

But I thought I'd share my stuff anyway, even though it doesn't compare to you guys' stuff!
Hope to get some constructive critisism and tips, and I'll work myself through the rest of the thread for some more inspiration! :smile:

In order from first drawing 'til now:

Copy of Pippa McManus-illustration
Nummer1.jpg

and in watercolour
Nummer1farge.jpg

Copy of Katie Rodger-illustration [very wront proportions, I know - but this was my first watercolour]
Nummer2.jpg

Second watercolour
Nummer3.jpg

Some sketches I did while on holiday, from various magazines&ads
Nummer4.jpg

Nummer5.jpg

Nummer6.jpg

Nummer7.jpg

Nummer8.jpg

Then I tried with markers
bestefar.jpg

kristin.jpg

And finally, some more sketches
Westlife
westlife.jpg

Sketch with no photo, just playing around
jente.jpg

Group of a friend of mine asked me to do this - will later do it in markers
elephant.jpg

Hope to get some constructive critisism and tips, and I'll work myself through the rest of the thread for some more inspiration! :smile:
Hi potato, i haven posted any work here and probbably wont, but im studiying animated film so i have training in this stuff and a tip for improoving your drawings :smile: Try finding tons of head to toe images of people, maybe streetstyle photos or something similar and drawing with a stopwatch set for 2 or 3 minutes.
So, choose a photo, set the stopwatch and sketch for 3 mins with the goal of having the whole figure drafted, forget details just try to draw the figure and the posture, the proportions right.
If you do it for half an hour or so every day it really helps with the very important things like learnig to see the whole.

I documented my new work and will have more picture of my stuff once I get to the office tomorrow and upload everything to photoshop, in the meantime, a stack of drawings:
tumblr_m8nz7lv8y41qzpq9ko1_500.jpg

Yeah, they look like the drawings of a really excited young robot. :lol:

Hi potato, i haven posted any work here and probbably wont, but im studiying animated film so i have training in this stuff and a tip for improoving your drawings :smile: Try finding tons of head to toe images of people, maybe streetstyle photos or something similar and drawing with a stopwatch set for 2 or 3 minutes.
So, choose a photo, set the stopwatch and sketch for 3 mins with the goal of having the whole figure drafted, forget details just try to draw the figure and the posture, the proportions right.
If you do it for half an hour or so every day it really helps with the very important things like learnig to see the whole.

Thanks a lot for the advice! Sounds like a good idea, I will certainly try that! :flower:

Potato - keep drawing, it is something you do with your hands, so the more you do it the easier it will get.

Thanks for the feedback on my work, here are some better images:
tumblr_m8poqmq72s1qzpq9ko1_500.jpg

these are two 7 x 10"s

tumblr_m8pomnlyLa1qzpq9ko1_500.jpg

a 7 x 10 and I think a 9 x 12 I forget

tumblr_m6a6kzL8zR1qzpq9ko1_500.jpg

This is my studio

^
:lol: Thanks, Dauphine. Great shots. It looks like a lot of fun.

Here's my last drawing of a friend of mine. Not joyful at all but well...

tumblr_m90lewcZgP1qer5izo1_500.jpg

Someone Purer. It's 140x90 cm​

Anja Rubik. I´m really loving this make up trend of red lips and clumpy lashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->