tFS Fashion Schools Mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fashion School in Vancouver

Has anyone heard of Helen Lefeaux School of Fashion Design in Vancouver? If so, has anyone heard of what kind of jobs the graduates get?? do graduates really work in the U.S and abroad?????

Any info is greatly appreaciated!!!:D

Silvi

Hey Silvi,
I'm no help if you are attending school in the UK :(. I'm not too sure how their education system works once you get to the university level. If you are planning to attend in the U.S. though, I'm your gal. There's a few schools in New York City that are very well known. The Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons. Though on tFS, most people seem to be bias towards Parsons. Good luck!
-Eliza S.

^^^ But I'm not sure If I can go to LFC...I'm stuck with the buzzpasword,
I don't even know what it is....why online???!!!
But you can tell more about NY because i'm interessted. But I didn't thought about it to go so far for studie. I think It would be drammatic expensive! And I think it would be so much paperwork since I come from EU.

I think it would be easyer with some help...but I have really big issues with my parents. And I think that's the fact I want to study somewhere I can't see them every day...
Well I didn't have mention it too my parents. I would rather tell them If I would get in. Otherwise they would be dissapoited and It would be something they would discuss about(but really extremely,all the neg points)....

But I'm going to be insane with all the clicks...it's so difficicult to register online.....:cry:

I want to know more information about the school in Paris...
like,Institut Francais de la Mode/ESMOD..etc
which one is better?
main.backgroundbottom.gif

^ i have a friend at ESreally MODE, he has to work REALLY HARD

like they will be set projects for the next day that should really take a week
and their pattern cutting is really advanced, instead of using blocks, they measure everything out

Acid said:
^ i have a friend at ESreally MODE, he has to work REALLY HARD

like they will be set projects for the next day that should really take a week
and their pattern cutting is really advanced, instead of using blocks, they measure everything out

Sorry, what is "ESreally MODE"?

most schools are great in Paris, both the ones mentioned are well worth checking out Matthew..

Acid said:
sorry i meant ESMODE
that was a typo

Oh~It seems so hard to get in......
I will be garduate of my diploma course next year...
I really want to know more information...

How about Institut Francais de la Mode, There's no English Version of its website...
and my french sucks, I dont know what's it talking about in the web.?

Last edited by a moderator:
you absolutely need french if you dream of studying in Paris..
note that the harder it is to enter a school, the best the school level stays, YOU can make it, its no fun entering 'easy' schools, you will sure regret :wink:

Lena said:
you absolutely need french if you dream of studying in Paris..
note that the harder it is to enter a school, the best the school level stays, YOU can make it, its no fun entering 'easy' schools, you will sure regret :wink:

yes, I'm learning French right now, it's harder than English

hi, i have a question for all those who have attended FIT or are attending FIT, please reply asap. for the fashion design home test and portfolio submission, how long a time period does FIT give the applicant to submit both things, from the time FIT contacts you with the paperwork (meaning, the home test arrives in the mail)? generally when does the paperwork arrive (month?), the application is for fall, so the initial application will be submitted by january 1rst. i called the admissions office and the lady was not helpful at all, she would not give me any estimates for anything. i'm going away for a month in february/march and am concerned i won't be home when they send the home test and will miss out. i know i am supposed to hear about admission by april, so i need some sort of timeline. thanks to anyone who can help!

some informations

Mathewthew said:
I want to know more information about the school in Paris...
like,Institut Francais de la Mode/ESMOD..etc
which one is better?
main.backgroundbottom.gif

hi

I'm actually attending esmod and the studio berçot, but I don't know wich one I want to get in yet for september 2006. For both of them you have some question to answer and then they'll give you your answer.
For ESMOD as you're not french you can take your class in english specialy for the "foreign" student.

Esmof Is a good school, but the studio berçot too but they look different lol I had my two appointement to the studio berçot and esmod.

Buut I stil prefer the studio berçot Im not really feeling EsMOD this is very 2 different school.

If you want to know more about them ask me.

ciao

Lena- did you go the London Fashion Institute? If not i've never heard of this place?

hi everyone!

within the next couple of weeks ill be sending my apps out to ny fash school (parsons, fit, lim) and on in chicago and newton (in mass) im excited but of course VERY scared. any tips??

oh and could someone PLEASE explain the parsons "activities" for me? im going for design and mangement (business) so i wouldnt think i needed sketches but its soooo confusing.

delfhyne said:
hi

I'm actually attending esmod and the studio berçot, but I don't know wich one I want to get in yet for september 2006. For both of them you have some question to answer and then they'll give you your answer.
For ESMOD as you're not french you can take your class in english specialy for the "foreign" student.

Esmof Is a good school, but the studio berçot too but they look different lol I had my two appointement to the studio berçot and esmod.

Buut I stil prefer the studio berçot Im not really feeling EsMOD this is very 2 different school.

If you want to know more about them ask me.

ciao

Thx~
What's the different between this two school~?
I've thought about studio berçot too.....but dont know which one is better:cry:

Does someone have experience with the UCAS applications? Is it true you have too pay application fee? But if you apply are you inscribe to their school? Well I live in Belgium and their we inscreibe in the summer vacation because we will get our diploma's in end Juin...

Meg said:
Lena- did you go the London Fashion Institute? If not i've never heard of this place?

no, i didnt go to LFI meg, never heard of this place either, sorry

on the Esmod VS Studio Bercot i think SB was supposed to be more 'respected' but apparently ESMOD has changed for the best and it is quite a good refference if one plans to work in France..

Matthew, you absolutely need to travel to Paris and 'feel' the mood at both those (and more) schools..
its practically impossible to decide where to study without visiting the actual establishements :wink:

I'm currently getting my B.A. in English at a fairly good public university in the U.S. but am looking into doing the M.A. program in fashion journalism at CSM. Is it going to be really competitive to get in since I don't have any fashion background?

Thanks for all help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->