tFS mix tape/cd project!

I believe this is a fantastic idea and I will most definitely run this by Andy.
Great Job :smile:

Hum .. I thought we'd set a "playlist" and then people wud get it ... I think i'll join ... I have one killah song to submit!

ultramarine said:
Hum .. I thought we'd set a "playlist" and then people wud get it ... I think i'll join ... I have one killah song to submit!

hmm...i don't really understand what you mean. my idea is to make tapes/cds the old fashioned way (with your stereo or just burn, whatever) and then send them through the mail to each other. myself and mulletproof are going to be moderating the email account and matching people up randomly (in as much as we can; we are going to try to match people based on their likes and dislikes, but beyond that, totally randomly) to send mixes to. the deadline will be the end of august but we'll talk more about that when we have enough people participating. if you'd like to participate, copy and paste this (below) into an email, fill it out and send it to [email protected]:

*edit* use your fashionspot name (so we know who you are :smile::(

address:

can you make: tape or cd or both?

do you want to receive: tape or cd?

any additional info about music you like/dislike:

[email protected]

thanks for all your interest everyone! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Freakin' awesome! Def. count me in! This could be so fun. :flower:

thanks so much everyone! this is going to be super-duper cool.

i'm thinking the deadline for the first round of mix trades will be the end of july, so you will all have a month to make and send out the mixes for the end of august deadline. so please fill the form out and send it to [email protected] soon so you can be included!

thanks so much!

:heart:

This sounds awesome!! I did something like this a while back on a different alt.music forum that I used to post on regularly. Count me in as well!

MulletProof said:
great idea, francesca!. :buzz:

i did it a couple years ago in another message board :smile:ninja:smile: with a guy from Canada and it was so much fun.
i agree about your last post/idea, someone should be in charge of pairing people because as faust said, randomly would be quite strange considering everyone tends to be very picky about their music. people with similar tendencies seems like a good idea to me..without making it too obvious, i wouldnt like to receive a clone of the cds i made, more like discovering different music..but not hilary duff's new single either. if that makes sense of course :unsure: .

This can work....OceanHarlot and I did TFS Secret Santa and it worked out.:blush:

i'm so glad there is so much enthusiasm for this project! :woot:

i've gotten several emails so far and i thank you guys for signing up! :heart: if you want to be included in the first round please fill out this form and send it to [email protected].

use your fashionspot name AND your real name (so we know who you are) :

address:

can you make: tape or cd or both?

do you want to receive: tape or cd?

any additional info about music you like/dislike:

[email protected]

deadline to sign up for first round is the end of july. deadline to send out mixes is the end of august. i also might mention that since we have so many people from all over the world, some might not be willing to send out of their own country. if you're not comfortable with that, mention that you just want to send to your own country.

thank you again everyone! i find this really exciting :flower:

I'm leaving my principles, I want to join!!!!!! :woot: (I must say that I will need a little help with transporting it, I'm kind of behind in the times)

yay perlefine! :woot:

if you've signed up by sending an email, could you let me know that you got my reply by replying to that? i've been having trouble with my email client and i want to make sure we're able to communicate alright.

thanks! :heart:

hey everyone! :flower:

so far, 9 people have emailed with their names/addresses about participating in the trade. i'd like to get more people involved, so if you want to participate you have until the end of july (next weekend) to submit your info. we'll try to have the matches out within a week to give you time to conceive your masterpiece and send it out.

:heart:

Oh, me too! Spiffy project. I like the idea of themed tapes -- seasonal, geographical. Ok, I'll scratch I left my heart in San Francisco, but Rock out West? Can't wait. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinatzv
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->