The 2010 Winter Olympics: Vancouver, Canada

^not only through, but won silver! J.R. Celski got the bronze! Great job, U.S.!:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tragic what happened in the with Nodar Kumaritashvili, condolences to the Georgia team & his family.

Thanks for mentioning this :(

Our government in Georgia, decided to open a skiing line in Bakuriani (Georgian winter resort) dedicated to him.

R.I.P. Nodar. Georgian people miss you. :cry:

Damn, my digital box didn`t save figure skating!!! I am most excited about female solo skating (is there any more appropriate term for it?). Finnish girls, Kiira and Laura, rock!
I also expect success in snowboarding, ski-jumping ( not that I want to watch it) and skiing, maybe alpine skiing, too.

^I love Kira!!:heart:My favorites are also Carolina Kostner and Sarah Maier.Tough can't wait for men's singles tonight,go Stephane Lambiel!!:clap:

Pairs Free Skate tonight! I'm really hoping for Shen/Zhao to win, their routine is far out better than everyone else's technically and artistically, but all the top 5 pairs from last night realistic can win the gold.

Dube/Davison were absurdly over-scored.

Pairs Free Skate tonight! I'm really hoping for Shen/Zhao to win, their routine is far out better than everyone else's technically and artistically, but all the top 5 pairs from last night realistic can win the gold.

Dube/Davison were absurdly over-scored.
I'm looking forward to the free skate too. But, as much I'd like to see Shen/Zao win gold (for sentimental reasons), I think that they were over-scored in the short program last night. Their routine was good but not remarkable. We'll see what they put out tonight. To see a non-Russian pair finally win gold after all these years would be awesome.

GO JAKOV! so proud of him! Even though I love to see Croatians wind gold...at least he got something!

I'm looking forward to the free skate too. But, as much I'd like to see Shen/Zao win gold (for sentimental reasons), I think that they were over-scored in the short program last night. Their routine was good but not remarkable. We'll see what they put out tonight. To see a non-Russian pair finally win gold after all these years would be awesome.

Well Shen/Zhao pretty much dominated the 2009 season. Their free skate is by far the best program technically and artistically. Even a single fault like a fall still won't rule them out of a medal, or maybe the gold.

I think the only thing the Russians are lacking right now is the fact that they concentrate too much on technical marks and they forget program components.

Same way with Kim Yu Na. She doesn't need to have a completely flawless free skate just to become a medal contender because her program component score is far beyond the other skaters.

It'll be interesting to see how the men's competition will be like. The Japanese have very high program components with not so difficult technical marks while the Europeans, especially Plushenko, have very high technical marks but seriously lacks program components. Plushenko just jumps and jumps and jumps.

I'm really rooting for Lambiel and Oda.

It'll be interesting to see how the men's competition will be like. The Japanese have very high program components with not so difficult technical marks while the Europeans, especially Plushenko, have very high technical marks but seriously lacks program components. Plushenko just jumps and jumps and jumps.
Ugh, I know! And the fact that he chose to participate in this Olympic competition is nothing less than egomania at its worst.
I almost don't even want to watch the men's competition, knowing that Plushenko will be in it.

On another note, I'm really upset over NBC's coverage of the games. They keep switching back and forth between sports. It's frustrating. :angry:

^I know. I'm also really annoyed that I can't stream sports on the website like I was able to with the summer olympics.

Ugh, I know! And the fact that he chose to participate in this Olympic competition is nothing less than egomania at its worst.
I almost don't even want to watch the men's competition, knowing that Plushenko will be in it.

On another note, I'm really upset over NBC's coverage of the games. They keep switching back and forth between sports. It's frustrating. :angry:

Indeed. Him and his coach already got criticized already for making the sport into just all about technicalities and their reasoning was that it was "modernism". Seriously, this is why I usually just watch the pairs and ladies competition because I rarely see anymore artistry in the mens. I hope Nobunari Oda does well with his Chaplin free skate because it's brilliant. I really don't want to watch the competition either, I'll probably just tag along for the free skate.

I agree, I'm getting pissed off by NBC right now. Some of the stories and headlines they air is really unneeded and could be using precious airtime by showing more figure skating or just showing the finals of the other sports.

Also, I'm upset directTV isn't broadcasting these games like they did with the summer games. They had like 15 different channels two summers ago that featured different sports. Now I'm stuck just watching 2 channels (NBC and USA) and they both show the same thing.

I personally am upset that Evgeni Plushenko has chosen to participate in this year's Olympics. He already had his moment of glory. Let someone else have theirs. :judge:
Had he not entered the competition, this would've been Jeremy Abbott's year, or Evan L's year, or Nobunari Oda's, or some other young talent. Now they can only hope for silver at best. :rolleyes:
I don't like that Plushenko is back, but if he's allowed, then he's allowed. I just have fond memories of him getting his butt kicked by the great Yagudin in '02 Salt Lake to make me happy again. :heart: LOL :lol:

I like Johnny Weir but I don't think he'll win gold; it'd be nice if he medalled at all but I don't think so :unsure:. I hope Jeremy Abbot can pull through and win gold. B)

Medal Standings so far.

• United States: Total 8 Medals -2G - 2S - 4B
  • France: Total 4 Medals - 2G - 0S - 2B
  • Germany: Total 4 Medals - 1G - 3S - 0B
  • Canada: Total 4 Medals - 1G - 2S - 1B
  • Switzerland: Total 3 Medals - 3G - 0S - 0B
  • Norway: Total 3 Medals - 0G - 2S - 1B
  • Italy: Total 3 Medals - 0G - 1S - 2B
  • Korea: Total 2 Medals - 1G - 1S - 0B
  • Czech Republic: Total 2 Medals - 1G - 0S - 1B
  • Netherlands: Total 1 Medal - 1G - 0S - 0B
  • Slovakia: Total 1 Medal - 1G - 0S - 0B
  • Sweden: Total 1 Medal - 1G - 0S - 0B
  • Australia: Total 1 Medal - 0G - 1S - 0B
  • Estonia: Total 1 Medal - 0G - 1S - 0B
  • Poland: Total 1 Medal - 0G - 1S - 0B
  • Austria: Total 1 Medal - 0G - 0S - 1B
  • Croatia: Total 1 Medal - 0G - 0S - 1B
  • Russian Federatoin: Total 1 Medal - 0G - 0S - 1B
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/

Obviously, they could have changed by now, but thats just a quick update.

^ thank you for that. US on top of course, c'mon Canada catch up!

Canada better do well in hockey, lol.

So many mistakes so far for pairs figure skating. Maybe it's going to be a contest of who makes the fewest mistakes.

^Omg, I think you're right. So many mistakes indeed. :shock:
After the current commercials, it's gonna be non-stop figure skating (thank goodness) with only the last group of pair skaters.
Good luck to Shen/Zao.

^Omg, I think you're right. So many mistakes indeed. :shock:
After the current commercials, it's gonna be non-stop figure skating (thank goodness) with only the last group of pair skaters.
Good luck to Shen/Zao.

Yup, almost every pair that went so far have had falls. I'm really worried Shen/Zhao will crack under the pressure.

Can't believe Kavaguti/Smirnov are planning a quad. Best of luck to them.

I really hate these spiral sequences. A normal footwork sequence would be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my :cry: I'm so sad for russian pairs :cry: I knew we wouldn't win gold, but still... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->