The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

@barbaraaa: thank you! I am really into turtlenecks these days. I dont really like wearing scarves indoors, so in that sense they are especially great #alwayscold

Getting rid of things so that your closet only holds things you actually wear feels great.

@Fewormany: that jacket looks awesome. Such a beautiful colour.

@eizhowa: why thank you :flower: not sure if I am cool enough either - in any case you are the coolest peasant I know! it is definitely a little loud, not an every day bag :wink: great for parties though. Did any of the clothes you order work out?

@twistelette: thank you :flower: your thrift finds looks great.

@fashionista-ta: I say go I terms of a blush tote :wink:

Betina: I have bought so much :S

The thing is that none of the items are low quality, so I don't regret any of them. The 4-5 piece per season definitely did not work this season...

I have bought:
1. Black suede porsellis
2. Black patent porsellis x 2
3. A second pair of Isabel Marant Garett boots. This pair in black suede, not just plain leather.
4. Black kick flare jeans from Weekday. Good, sturdy denim in a flattering cut.
5. Camel midi coat from the H&M premium line. 80% wool, 20% polyamide - same as the coat from Rouje I looked at. I am shocked at how good it looks in real life, and it even has a viscose lining. The Rouje coat was unlined.

And I have ordered a pair of navy (shocked?) trousers from Filippa-K, and two merino wool turtlenecks from the mens premium line at H&M, in black and dark grey. I would like a navy turtleneck as well. Hopefully the turtlenecks are similar to Uniqlo in quality. Those last forever. I am waiting for these to arrive.

...The good news is that the only thing I am lacking for the winter is a leather waist belt.

Got these tonight to replace the ones from Target that I had to toss ... they are pearlescent. Didn't have a choice of interesting colors at Nordstrom, so this was the best I could do ...

These are item #1 for next spring. Also thinking about a new travel tote ... my current one has some shortcomings. I'm thinking about a blush color ... am I crazy? :wink:

nordstrom

View attachment 1085525

Hey, if I can buy navy, you can buy blush:wink:

@eizhowa: Sounds like good purchases nonetheless.

I got a raincoat (gift from SO) and have bought a brown lightweight turtleneck in organic merino wool. The latter works really well under dresses and as a top on its own with e.g. the zebra jacket and black wrap skirt. Also seems to be great with an 8 year old grey pinstriped skirt (should be good for work). Will try to layer it under some shirts as well as I find it too cold to wear shirts this time of year otherwise.

Pics via norse-projects.com and dilling-underwear.dk

7535-117-781_p1_1538485095__480x610.16949152542.jpg norse-projects-women-alena-rain_u.jpg

^ :lol: I almost announced that it wasn't one when I posted :wink: Thank you. The leather is beautifully soft. They only had the display one, so I'm getting a fresh one from the factory ...

I think it'll go great with your pearlescent birks.

I keep a list of clothes & accessories I buy each year, and so far for this year I've bought 12 pieces new (not counting socks and such). Two coats (one winter and one in-between), three pairs of shoes (two pairs of sandals and a pair of sneakers), a bag, three dresses (one summer, one winter, and a fantastic one for the occasional dressy occasion, have worn it a handful of times and felt fantastic each time), a skirt, a cotton summer top and a sweater (navy uniqlo V-neck, bought on the hottest day of the year this summer :innocent:).
It's kinda less than I thought, and that was not intentional. Include thrift finds & stuff I made for myself and the number goes up... but I'm OK with that.
There are some pieces I could use to make my wardrobe function better, though. RIght now there is a distinct lack of trousers that fit well and are not on their last leg (in fact, there is one pair. One! Plus an old-ish pair of Acne jeans and a whole lot that have been recently demoted to either loungewear or ok-if-it-gets-muddy-when-I'm-in-the-garden-wear). Also, a good cardigan of some kind would not go amiss. I had to say good-bye to my beloved long black Humanoid cardigan last year, PLUS my favorite basic goes-with-everything black wool sweater, and now that the weather has cooled down I'm feeling these losses...

Went shopping today... tried on so many trousers and sweaters... and came away with this beauty by Acne Studios (styled ridiculously here, if I may be so honest...)
It's listed as a dark brown, but it's almost purple, a really beautiful deep colour.A60033-ADM_A.jpg
Was hoping I'd come home with more. Shopping takes time when you're as picky as I am/we are :kiss: I'll just continue to wear more of my skirts and dresses until I find trousers I really want.
View attachment 1087387

Wearing my new COS knitted dress for the first time today - I picked it up in their sale in the summer, where it had somehow ended up as a winter leftover in the 50% off section, and fi-na-lly it's cold enough to wear it. :heart:
I just want to wear knit dresses now. I'm giving up on looking for trousers. (Until I won't, of course :innocent:but... you know. Is it worth the hassle.)

+ the dress itself... (image from cosstores.com)
It's sort of layered-but-not - it's not really visible in this picture but the two layers overlap a-symmetrically at the neckline. One sleeve is 'attached' to the V-neck part, and at the other sleeve the V-neck goes over the sleeve, like a spencer or a vest would. 6631eb8bf84b680b3e0d999b2601e2fb.jpg

^ I like it ... looks nice & cozy :flower: It's cold here today (but you'd probably think it's warm--low 40s F) and I'm wearing the cashmere sweater I got last year and black jeans. My feet are cold ... need to go change into butter (fuzzy) socks.

Ordered a couple things from Yoox's Black Friday sale ... the sweater is cashmere, 60% off. Also got a new pair of fuzzy socks to round off my Nordstrom order--navy with stars.

Brunello slate blue.jpgBrunello grey.jpg

yoox

I've been wanting a more colorful warm sweater, and what's nice about this one is it won't touch my collarbone area, which is where wool can be irritating to my skin ...

Wow it has been a while since writing here, but I've been lurking y'all :D

I've been wanting this perfect, simple closet when I first found this thread but I used to be a terrible clothing hamster. Now, year has gone after my exceptionally difficult "divorce', (well, not legally married, but together 18 years, living together 15 of them, English language does not have a word for this kind of break up as we have in Finnish...) and I lost most of my huge "outfit storage", I literally had not even an hour to take my things and move out. Of course I snatched all the quality stuff I could, but I had to accept I must leave a lot if I wanted to get out without any more physical harm. I did not have courage to call Police at that moment and when I finally did, everything was destroyed or given to his new partner. I really had to learn how to leave materia behind and how your mental and physical wellness is above everything.

Sorry about the OT rant, but now I've been building (new life and) closet for a year, and it is much, much simplier now. Quality cardigans, other knitted garments, blouses, jeans... Few dresses, and basic stuff like t shirts, training clothes etc. And I've healed of my severe shopping addiction as well. Now I am more relevant for this thread, since I really shop only few things per season. Allthough sometimes I really miss my handbag and shoe collection, I have also realized how much less I REALLY need and how it does not affect to being stylish for having far less stuff at all.

And no need to be sorry about my break up, it was the wisest decision of my life to leave then and there was the happy end: love of my adult life literally just walked by on grocery store's parking yard and asked me out, when I was on my lowest mentally. I imagined I couldn't or even wanted to find anyone new so soon. But it was love at first sight, he's very different than my ex, by all the good ways, we just fit together so well, I couldn't even dreamed of something like this. I am happy now and my closet as well :smile:))

Again, sorry for all OT, but all this less is more thinking finally got through my head through all this what happened in my personal life. I love all of your purchases, you all are my inspiration!!!

Wow it has been a while since writing here, but I've been lurking y'all :D

First of all, I just want to say that I am really happy that you are doing well. Sounds like one hell of a year!

I was watching the Minimalism documentary with my SO the other day, and he commented on the fact that most people represented in it got into minimalism due to huge, life altering and often somewhat tragic events. I guess having your life turned upside down makes you reconsider your ways and priorities, often for the better. Sounds like you have been on a really awesome journey.

Also, congrats on the new love :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"