The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

A bit ot, but I would really like that shade of GREEN in a study or something when I buy a house in the future. Well, the shade of green I can see on my monitor:P Who knows what you guys are seeing! The scarf looks great. I wouldn't mind a monochrome scarf with some type of pattern myself.

Which balenciaga boots, Nymphaea? If you already mentioned it, I must have missed it.

^On my Pinterest shoes board first row. That's the lower version.

I agree with you about yoox, Fewormany ... though I have found the color to be pretty accurate in my items. Everything else, especially the fit (no doubt due to their not always having the model's actual size), is up for grabs.

The green I see in the pic looks fine ... but it sounds like IRL is different. Do you think it's a bad picture, or actually a different green? How do they look on?

One yoox tip I have is to read that list of descriptors ... often I will find something I hadn't noticed, and then I blow up the pic to try to find it. Like to figure out where the 'logo' is. Usually the 'non-textile elements of animal origin' are buttons :lol:

^ The green is fine, but brighter than expected. I think the difference is caused by the lighting of the photo. But I actually like it (I'm not afraid of some actual color :wink:) , my main concern is more they will be looking too preppy rather than too green. The fit is very nice, a comfortable flattering cut and the fabric feels nice and sturdy (and slightly stiff because of that, but I expect that to become better with wear).

The jeans are going back, and I ordered two by the same brand on Asos, they name the exact model so this time I know what I'll be getting. ^_^

^ Yeah, the stiffness is probably the sizing? That will go away through cleaning ...

The black jeans I'm on my second pair of have this weird sizing/other treatment that attracts lint (great feature, right?). But it goes away after a few trips to the cleaners.

I found a pair of black boots I wanted to recommend to you on Zalando, Betina, but then I switched to the danish version of the site, saw how much cheaper they were in Denmark and now I have decided I don't like you danish people anymore.

I hope your cheap boots will forever give you blisters.

Hi you guys! I'm going to be participating in a teaching program in fall next september and need some help! I come from Puerto Rico and I have never lived much else. I need some advice as to what to pack. I will be going to the Paris region from September all the way till May, planning on traveling to Belgium/Holland during Christmas break. I have already bought about three jeans and have some tops, but I need help with the shoes. What kind of boots do you guys recommend I take a look at? I was really interested in some Chelsea/leather boots but am worried if they will be enough, or should I look for some waterproof boots? Also, as for the coats, do I need a very thick northface-style jacket, or will a recular wool peacoat do?

Any advice will be appreciated xo

I lived in France for a similar period a couple of years ago and I can from Australia. I found that a regular wool coat was fine as most places are well heated indoors. If I was to do it again I would buy a light down jacket to wear underneath as an extra layer for long days outside. I would just buy that from one of the many stores in Paris.

I only wore a pair of Chelsea leather boots which I had protected with a waterproof spray, or sneakers (for sight seeing days). I bought a couple of pairs of Casmere socks from a supermarket in Paris and wore them if it was particularly cold.

I had a couple of woolen jumpers that I also wore, but I found often these were too warm for inside because of the heating.

I hope this helps

^ I often feel that way too about wool sweaters & heat. With the lighter layers, you can peel one off if needed ... but they seem to be more comfortable indoors too.

I lived in France for a similar period a couple of years ago and I can from Australia. I found that a regular wool coat was fine as most places are well heated indoors. If I was to do it again I would buy a light down jacket to wear underneath as an extra layer for long days outside. I would just buy that from one of the many stores in Paris.

I only wore a pair of Chelsea leather boots which I had protected with a waterproof spray, or sneakers (for sight seeing days). I bought a couple of pairs of Casmere socks from a supermarket in Paris and wore them if it was particularly cold.

I had a couple of woolen jumpers that I also wore, but I found often these were too warm for inside because of the heating.

I hope this helps
Yes! thank you so much :smile: I'll definitely wait until I get there to buy more things then, I have a couple of pull-overs and jackets I can wear underneath for layering but somethings like thicker socks I cannot seem to find here! thank you again:flower:

Thank you mod for fixing the weird title of this thread :smile:

I found a pair of black boots I wanted to recommend to you on Zalando, Betina, but then I switched to the danish version of the site, saw how much cheaper they were in Denmark and now I have decided I don't like you danish people anymore.

I hope your cheap boots will forever give you blisters.

I am sorry! But also very curious about those boots :wink:

Hi you guys! I'm going to be participating in a teaching program in fall next september and need some help! I come from Puerto Rico and I have never lived much else. I need some advice as to what to pack. I will be going to the Paris region from September all the way till May, planning on traveling to Belgium/Holland during Christmas break. I have already bought about three jeans and have some tops, but I need help with the shoes. What kind of boots do you guys recommend I take a look at? I was really interested in some Chelsea/leather boots but am worried if they will be enough, or should I look for some waterproof boots? Also, as for the coats, do I need a very thick northface-style jacket, or will a recular wool peacoat do?

Any advice will be appreciated xo
Facing a very similar issue here! I am going to work in Paris from October-December and maybe returning in January... I've been to Paris in the winter before and it was way colder than Portugal :doh: I wore sneakers back then (will have to buy some sensible boots for this time around)... I also had a wool peacoat with an extra layer as compared to our winter in here. My biggest issue is that I will need to take a fall coat and a winter coat with me :(

I am sorry! But also very curious about those boots :wink:

The boots I mentioned can be found here.

I recieved them today, and ignoring the fact that they need to be worn in (they are very rigid in the ankle) I really like them. They go with my winter jeans, and I really need boots in this kind of design so I plan on keeping them. They were just as narrow in the ankle as the Isabel Marant ones, but the heel on these ones do not look funny like the IM ones did. And I could in theory fit a pair of thin wool socks into them for winter.

But perhaps you are looking for more of an investment pair of boots?

Last edited by a moderator:
The boots I mentioned can be found here.

I recieved them today, and ignoring the fact that they need to be worn in (they are very rigid in the ankle) I really like them. They go with my winter jeans, and I really need boots in this kind of design so I plan on keeping them. They were just as narrow in the ankle as the Isabel Marant ones, but the heel on these ones do not look funny like the IM ones did. And I could in theory fit a pair of thin wool socks into them for winter.

But perhaps you are looking for more of an investment pair of boots?

Thx for the recommendation. I am not neccesarily looking for an investment pair, but I just haven't been too happy with the Topshop and &Other Stories boots I got at the end of last winter. The &Other Stories boots cost a third of a pair of ACNE pistols, and thinking of that, the quality is just not good enough IMO.

These looks really good though. Please let me know how well they break in/hold up :smile: I might look into them if I stray away from my plan of not buying boots this winter (I should be able to get through with what I've already got).

For the last months I have been sticking pretty stricly to buying one item a month, but within the last weeks I've gotten quite a few things:

- Levi's jeans
- Black/white wrap dress. My first highstreet purchase in a while - it is really great though and I am still considering whether I should get it in another colour as well, even though I think I should be covered with this one and the 5 other wrap dresses I've got :innocent: the lenght is perfect, it is not as low cut as the others I have (and therefore better for work), and even though it is polyester the fabric is really nice and soft. Also it dries within an our or so after washing when hang to dry.
- Blazer for work. Finally found one at a decent price that wasn't primarily made of synthetics.
- Ganni floral skirt. Not a planned purchase, but I am thinking it will have the same function as the statement (Ganni) dress I was planning to get this season, since I have been so happy with the one I got two years ago.
- And a new nail polish. Trying out YSL instead of Chanel, per recommendation from my friend.

I haven't received the skirt or the blazer yet, so not sure if they are keepers.

Pics via ganni.com, bayareafashionista.com, zalando.dk, veromoda.dk, shopbop.com

Attachments

• 10191939_Black_603412_003_ProductLarge.jpg
    10191939_Black_603412_003_ProductLarge.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1
  • ganni-montrose-crepe-skirt (1).jpg
    ganni-montrose-crepe-skirt (1).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1
  • bronzefever.jpg
    bronzefever.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 49
  • K4421KA0V-Q11@12.jpg
    [email protected]
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
  • leviv2016665660_q1_1-0.jpg
    leviv2016665660_q1_1-0.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 1
I am sure that dress looks lovely on you Betina, and I look forward to hearing if you like the skirt and how your would style it!

I really need to get back into a one piece per month kind of pace myself... I could technically say that I have only bought 7 investment pieces this far, but the amount of money I have put in cheaper items I am not counting is way more than I would like (I have vowed to stop buying socks, for example. You wash them once and they dissapear!). I have had way too many duds so far this year.

It breaks down like this:

1 work shirt - worn out very fast due to poor quality.
1 white shirt - I can't even remember which shirt this is supposed to be... Not the best sign.
1 blue shirt that I let get paint stains on it (my brain was possibly very adamantely trying to tell me that blue is not for me. I will try to remember).
1 pair of blue jeans that twisted horribly at the waist. I think I suspected they would when I bought them... Also they are blue.
1 Zara dress bought cheaply second hand online that I was planning to wear under my Ganni Kimnon, but fit horribly. Also I don't mind wearing the kimono without a dress underneath so it was a waste of effort.
3 (!!!) shorts from H&M. One was white and far too sew-through, one too big and the last one I can tell will wear out very fast.
Approx. 352 t-shirts from H&M, which all became O-necks instead of crewnecks when washed. I don't know what kind of sorcery was involved.

It all adds up to about 200 USD I could have spent better:shock:

I also have a some summer blouses that I really like but never got to wear because we had no summer. They were not technically duds, but not being able to wear them does not exactly make me feel like it was money well spent. Hopefully they will save me some time and money next summer.

The black suede pumps I bought in January have also not been worn, but I expect to finally get some wear out of them for Christmas and New Years. And then the uncomfortable feeling of having unworn items in my closet might finally go away...

After doing the maths on this, I really am not sure about keeping the boots from Zalando. I am worried they won't break in well and become another dud... The leather on Isabel Marant boots is so much softer, and although the IM boots are not an option due to the weird heel, it does make me want to hold out for something better.

EDIT: Sorry for the essay.

I am sure that dress looks lovely on you Betina, and I look forward to hearing if you like the skirt and how your would style it!

I really need to get back into a one piece per month kind of pace myself... I could technically say that I have only bought 7 investment pieces this far, but the amount of money I have put in cheaper items I am not counting is way more than I would like (I have vowed to stop buying socks, for example. You wash them once and they dissapear!). I have had way too many duds so far this year.

It breaks down like this:

1 work shirt - worn out very fast due to poor quality.
1 white shirt - I can't even remember which shirt this is supposed to be... Not the best sign.
1 blue shirt that I let get paint stains on it (my brain was possibly very adamantely trying to tell me that blue is not for me. I will try to remember).
1 pair of blue jeans that twisted horribly at the waist. I think I suspected they would when I bought them... Also they are blue.
1 Zara dress bought cheaply second hand online that I was planning to wear under my Ganni Kimnon, but fit horribly. Also I don't mind wearing the kimono without a dress underneath so it was a waste of effort.
3 (!!!) shorts from H&M. One was white and far too sew-through, one too big and the last one I can tell will wear out very fast.
Approx. 352 t-shirts from H&M, which all became O-necks instead of crewnecks when washed. I don't know what kind of sorcery was involved.

It all adds up to about 200 USD I could have spent better:shock:

I also have a some summer blouses that I really like but never got to wear because we had no summer. They were not technically duds, but not being able to wear them does not exactly make me feel like it was money well spent. Hopefully they will save me some time and money next summer.

The black suede pumps I bought in January have also not been worn, but I expect to finally get some wear out of them for Christmas and New Years. And then the uncomfortable feeling of having unworn items in my closet might finally go away...

After doing the maths on this, I really am not sure about keeping the boots from Zalando. I am worried they won't break in well and become another dud... The leather on Isabel Marant boots is so much softer, and although the IM boots are not an option due to the weird heel, it does make me want to hold out for something better.

EDIT: Sorry for the essay.

Thank you!

You sound like me last year! I spent a horrific amount of money on items that were not perfect - but fit my budget. Instead of just buying what I really wanted and then getting fewer items. Therefore, I have been really careful with highstreet purchases this year, which so far have payed off - I am happy with almost every thing I have bought and I have spent a lot less on clothes. I am a little relieved that I am not the only one getting pulled into this sort of thing though..

I think returning the boots sounds like the best option - IMO footwear shouldn't need breaking in, at least that has never been very succesful for me. My ACNE boots fits perfect from day 1 and was always super comfortable. Shoes that needs breaking in are just rarely very good for me.

And speaking of, I picked up the blazer yesterday and I am just not feeling it, so it is going back tomorrow. Hope the skirt is better. For now I am planning on wearing with a tee or cami, sneakers, denim- or leather jacket. When it gets colder I am thinking I will wear it with a sweater and boots.

Thank you!

You sound like me last year! I spent a horrific amount of money on items that were not perfect - but fit my budget. Instead of just buying what I really wanted and then getting fewer items. Therefore, I have been really careful with highstreet purchases this year, which so far have payed off - I am happy with almost every thing I have bought and I have spent a lot less on clothes. I am a little relieved that I am not the only one getting pulled into this sort of thing though..

I think returning the boots sounds like the best option - IMO footwear shouldn't need breaking in, at least that has never been very succesful for me. My ACNE boots fits perfect from day 1 and was always super comfortable. Shoes that needs breaking in are just rarely very good for me.

And speaking of, I picked up the blazer yesterday and I am just not feeling it, so it is going back tomorrow. Hope the skirt is better. For now I am planning on wearing with a tee or cami, sneakers, denim- or leather jacket. When it gets colder I am thinking I will wear it with a sweater and boots.

You are right regarding the boots. Perhaps I will be able to find a pair of Isabel Marant Danae boots second hand. I preferred those to the Deyissa boots. I should be able to go without new boots though. Technically. If I must.

And I don't envy your hunt for a black blazer:shock:

You are right regarding the boots. Perhaps I will be able to find a pair of Isabel Marant Danae boots second hand. I preferred those to the Deyissa boots. I should be able to go without new boots though. Technically. If I must.

And I don't envy your hunt for a black blazer:shock:

Sounds like my plan. I will buy pistols if I find a good deal, otherwise I will make do with what I have.

Tell me about it. Apperently it is impossible to find a black 1-button no pocket, no ruched sleeves blazer at a price I am willing to pay (I only need it for work, so I am not going to splurge).

So, let me guess ... I must be the only one atm buying swimwear? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->