The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to hear you all survived the holidays! :D

I did too, and got a few wardrobe-presents as well: the beige cashmere scarf that I ordered as a gift from my uncle of course, and my sister got me a black and white DKNY scarf with a combination of plaid and houndstooth pattern that I really liked. Also a leopard print clutch/wallet (apparently someone thinks I need more print in my life! :P), and my in-laws gave me this Tiger of Sweden bag:

301f26d9816b256b2ce645d4968ade2b_zpsac11c3d2.jpg

boozt.com

I'm not sure how I feel about this one... it's definitely not something I would have picked out for myself, although I do usually like different textured leather I don't quite get the pebbled effect. On the other hand, something like this might work to toughen up my otherwise fairly polished outfits, and there is a gap in my wardrobe for this type of bag (works with both jeans and dresses, perfect going-out size). I also have a hard time buying bags for myself, never finding anything I like, and usually love my sister-in-law's style (she's the one who bought it). I don't know, perhaps I am just trying to justify not exchanging it because I hate doing that...:rolleyes: Any thoughts?

@fashionista-ta: I really like the wrap, and didn't notice the logo either! I actually have a very similar one, though it's not cashmere. :flower:

@eizhowa: I like your colour scheme, and I think mine would be similarly non-colourful. :P Have you decided on something to wear for New Years yet?

Fewormany: Thanks for the tip about the scarf. I popped by Filippa-K and the color (or not?:D) wash spot on. It is at the top of my birthday wishlist:smile:

Good to hear you like it! :smile:
And it's color, but a color I would consider a neutral like most of the colors in your color scheme. :wink:

Caramel, how does the bag look with your outfits? Sounds like a nice haul! The black and white scarf sounds lovely.

Thank you ... it is a wool/modal/cotton blend, which I've never seen before! The fabric feels nice, and I also like the contrast between the sheer and heavier parts.

Hello from yet another Christmas survivor :lol:

I got a lot of really nice presents - not much clothing (wasn't on my wishlist either) but a lot of nice things for our home. I did get gift certificates for H&M and my favourite store in the town my mother lives in. I went to Copenhagen today and got a mohair/wool blend cardigan that I have been eyeing (spent the gift certificate on that). I really like it, and have been wanting a cardigan like that since last fall. It is sooo nice and soft, and since we just had the first snow this winter and I am freezing constantly, I bet it will be a nice addition. Just need to see how it works with the rest of my wardrobe. Also got that black Benneton sweater I have been talking about - marked down 40% And then I just ordered a scarf when I got home - I wanted to get it IRL but haven't been able to find it. I saw it on a customer yesterday and really liked the colour (it has a slight purple-ish hue IRL), and I bet it will look great with both black and stripes (which means 90% of my wardrobe :wink:) and be a great way of updating my look a bit.

@Caramel: I would really love to see that DKNY scarf - sounds gorgeous! I really like that bag and could see it being a great addition to your wardrobe - that being said, you are the one who have to wear it, therefore YOU need to like it :flower:

@Eizhowa: If it is any consolation, you colours scheme has more colour than mine :wink: Did you figure out what to wear for NYE? I am still not sure, and dont even know what I will be doing.

@Ta-ta: sounds like a real hassle! I really like the scarf though and bet it will be gorgeous with the dress!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one planning ahead. I really like the Commes Des Garsons stripe blouse, although I haven't been able to see it IRL yet, but I am not sure wether it would be the right choice for me. I think I would like something that goes with everything, and I am not sure that I feel that it does, with the red heart and all. Perhaps in a black/white stripe instead of the blue/white and with a black heart. Any opinions? (Eizhowa, have you given this any thought? I know you have considered buying it as well).

Other than that, I think I have removed the trenchcoat from my SS wishlist. It was mainly on there because I have been thinking that my Noa Noa coat wasn't such a great purchase since I did not see it working well with most of my wardrobe, but these days I really love it and see it going with almost everyting - not it just need to warm up so I can wear it again :wink:

Pics via bruun-bruun.dk, hm.com

Attachments

• tropeztørklæde.JPG
    tropeztørklæde.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
  • mohaircardi.jpg
    mohaircardi.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
^ Very pretty scarf, betina--I can see the purplish thing! Glad you got the black sweater. Such a nice bonus when the things you want are also on sale!

To me the little red emblem wouldn't be a problem ...

This is my wishlist for the winter. The colours may not fit together right now but they fit with my basic wardrobe I guess. A lot of black, grey, navy and some rust.

uniqlo.com/apc.fr/samsoe.com/monki.com/allsaints.com/uniqlo.com/la-garconne.com/kpc-cashmere

I too received a scarf as a Christmas present. :lol: But I knew I would, I chose a large and very soft cashmere one in black. :wub: I currently feel pretty content about my wadrobe (must be because of moving from home a couple of months ago ...), so I didn't need anything else for winter. I did need to get a grip anti-slip soles for my ankle boots though, because I tragically fell and had to get my chin sewed up (got rid of the stitches a week ago). :doh:
(Just posting the picture of a grey scarf because the knitting is more visible)

I also found the ultimate sale item I will probably order very soon - the black patent leather brogues. I miss them very much in my closet. The old pair got ruined after many years months ago and the others with gold heels were too small so I had to sell them. Those are Hudson's.

asos, fenzy
image1xl.jpg
image3xl.jpg

Attachments

• 2313-art_1_siva-17d305bbce0c1319.jpg
    2313-art_1_siva-17d305bbce0c1319.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2315-art_1_crna-37f58d809c09d0ea.jpg
    2315-art_1_crna-37f58d809c09d0ea.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 0
^ Oh no, sorry to hear about your fall!! :(

So many scarves :D I rarely buy them myself, but I really like this one, so maybe I will get another in the future. I just draped it & left the ends hanging ... I could see how that could potentially cause trouble though.

jinadaze, looks like you are going a little crazy with color and print :lol: Just went to look whether you already had polka dots ... do you not have a closet board?

@Ta-ta: I am glad that I am not the only one who can see it. Every SA I talked to yesterday called it "grey", as do all the webshops.

I can, objectively see why the red heart should not be a problem, but I am not that good with colours, ya know. I wouldn't think it looked good with the scarf I just showed, e.g., neither the floral skirt I just bought, since it has a slight purple-ish undertone too. That being said, most of my wardobe consists of black, white and grey, and I think it would be great with the little red detailing for that. I guess I don't have to be able to wear that excact scarf with it, since I have plenty (this is my fifth this year, but dont tell anyone..).

If any of you should know of another great breton blouse, please let me know though. I can be a knit, but not woolen (cotton or cotton/silk/viscose would be preferable), not oversize but not tight, something in between and in navy/white or black/white.

@Jina: I love the scarf. Looks nice and heavy. The shoes look good as well - such a classic piece.

My New Years plans changed. I will be going to dinner as usual, so the wardrobe crisis is over:D

I got a pair of faux-suede pumps for Christmas. Not something I would have normally considered for myself, but they were surprisingly comfortable and I can't tell they are faux, so I figure no one else will be able eithier:wink:

Fewormany: I think I could have used that color as a basic if it was more readily available in stores. I usually only find one piece a season in that shade, and I find various shades of rust hard to combine.

Betina: I don't think the red heart would bother me. I haven't really researched the breton top yet. I see the purple-tinge as well:smile: When I try to tell my friends that the grey is too purple or that blue is too warm they just look at me funnily:lol: I think the scarf it will work very well with black:flower:

Jina: Ouch that sounds so painful!:o I think helmets should be mandatory when it is ice on the ground... The scarf and the brouges look dreamy:heart: (they would look good with a helmet:P)

Caramel: I think the bag will grow on you:wink:Maybe try it out, and give it to your sister if it does not work out? I don't know if you have sister though... They are very usefull btw, so if you don't have a sister I suggest getting one:smile:

^problem solved :lol: What are you wearing, then?

Do you have a picture of those pumps? :smile:

Perhaps I am just being too uptight colourwise. I just really would like as many things as possible in my wardrobe to match - and thank you in regards of that purple, I was starting to think I was crazy :lol:

@Jina: btw, so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are feeling better?

^You're welcome:P I am wearing a dark green knee length Noa Noa dress I bought this year in the january sales, and nude pumps. I wore the same for Christmas:smile:

I will try to take/find a picture later.

I don't know if you have sister though... They are very usefull btw, so if you don't have a sister I suggest getting one:smile:

I have two! I think my middle sister was in her twenties before she bought a pair of jeans or a coat of her own because I always supplied her with hand-me-downs. :shock:

I think the bag works with most of my wardrobe, I have so much basic neutrals that it would be hard not too, plus I am all about the black and gold. It could be a great addition to my wardrobe. I think the texture is the only thing I am not sure about, otherwise it fits in very well. So I think I may keep it and see if it will work, and if not I can always sell it or give it to one of my sisters.

@Betinapple: I’ll see if I can take a picture of the scarf, I couldn’t find it anywhere online. I love your purchases, especially the cardigan, I am actually looking for something similar. I totally get why you are hung up on the red heart on the CdG top, I think I would be too. :P I would recommend the Galathe top from Saint James, except it has 3/4 sleeves so it doesn’t work year round. :( Otherwise it sounds exactly like what you’re looking for.

@Trenchcoat: Very nice wishlist!

@Jinadaze: Ouch! You poor thing! :doh: Welcome to the scarf club! :lol: Yours looks so soft and lovely.

@eizhowa: Please post a picture of your NYE outfit, it sounds great!

—————

I haven’t had time to plan much for the sales this year. After a quick look around I don’t think any of my wishlist items are on sale, and I don’t know how much I’ll be browsing, but if I do I’ll be keeping my eye out for a pair of black ankle boots with mid-heel, a wool coat (perhaps in a color like navy or olive, and something with a defined waist), a long cardigan/coatigan in pale grey or black, and perhaps a cocktail dress, since my wardrobe could still use some variety in that area and I hate paying full price for something that is not used regularly.

I am all about planning for SS though, I guess I have been since last SS ended! These are my thoughts so far:

Ballet flats - possibly from Sam Edelman since I love the comfort of that brand. I haven’t decided on the color yet, perhaps nude ones.

I’d also like another pair of flats to mix things up a bit, a pair of loafers perhaps. I saw a pair of huarache-type flats from Steven Alan last season that I have been a bit hung up on because I love woven leather, so I might keep my eye out for something similar.

Nude sandals with a slight wedge. I love the Chiara wedges from Jimmy Choo but those are too pricey for me. I’ll be looking for something similar.

Sunglasses - I’m leaning towards a pair of Wayfarers in tortoise, but I haven’t completely decided yet.

Summer dress - after seeing pictures of myself in shorts last summer I have vowed never to wear a pair again, and will need to get a dress or two to wear instead.

White tops/shirts/blouses - I’ve come to realize that it is futile for me to buy tops in any other color than white, because I just won’t wear it (stripes being the only exception...and perhaps very pale grey). The color in my wardrobe must come from outer layers like sweaters/cardigans, blazers/jackets and scarves, but I don’t like my tops and blouses to be anything but white. So this season I will focus on finding variety within white tops, looking at different fabrics, textures, shapes, details. It will be an interesting challenge I think!

^I like the idea of white tops being your "thing":flower:

I will try to get someone to take my picture on new years:smile:

@eizhowa I really want to see a picture of your outfit!! I have two colourscheme right now, one with rust and one with navy. Will post a collage later.

neimanmarcus

Just ordered these ... they are Anyi Lu, the same style as the calf-hair polka dot pair I already own, except metallic suede instead. The brand is meant to be good for your feet. (Caramel, they have a number of styles that buckle across the foot like you like.) These are item #2.

I needed to increase my order by $5 so I could get 25% off, so I ordered a pair of Wolford knee-highs. I haven't tried them before. I also ordered a couple of pairs of tights on sale + an additional 25% off. One pair Wolford in a floral/openwork pattern, and one pair of Donna Karan (black/charcoal shimmer) that are the same as the ones I just bought (full price as I recall!) and wore Christmas Eve. The two pairs of tights I bought earlier this month were the first I've bought this season--and maybe this year (I'd have to check). Have been doing fine with what I have, but wanted some fresh ones for going out. (When you're getting dressed up to go out is not when you want to find that your clean tights are worn in a non-strategic location for the shoes you want to wear! Fewormany may not have this problem, but I'm sure the rest of you know what I'm talking about ...)

Attachments

• new flats.jpg
    new flats.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 76
@Eizhowa: sounds like a lovely outfit! Would love to see it.

@Caramel: I don't mind 3/4 sleeves. Actually I always roll up my sleeves to the middle of my under-arm. Somehow I dont like my wrists covered. Glad you understand me in regards of the red heart - I am not very tolerant when it comes to color. I can say that much about the quality of the cardigan yet, but from looking at it and touching it, it seems just a nice as the ACNE Raya, which seemed to leave more lint and also never was an option for me since even the short model is too long for me.

I really like your SS list. I do not wear shorts neither - I like the idea of them, but find that they look horrible on me.

@Tata: Nice shoes! And I totally know what you are talking about.. all of my stockings tends to get worn around the toes and get holes their really fast, sigh.

I am still not sure of what to wear tomorrow. I have a backup plan, being my sequined kimono worn as a dress or my lace slip with the kimono over. Both with black pumps and black tights (not see-through). I just really wasn't feeling like going for black. I took home a red dress yesterday to try it out, but I am not really feeling it. I like the idea of it and the cut is nice but not 100% perfect and my boyfriend does not like it. Really did not want to go dress hunting after work tonight. Perhaps I will just not, and go with the black outfit.

betina The kimono sounds really nice and festive.

tata No problems with tights here indeed. :wink: I was going to say men have different problems while dressing, but to be honest I can't think of any..

I ordered a Acne sweater and sand colored chino in the sale (50% off). They were on my radar for quite a while and when both were only available in my size I took is as a sign that I had to try/buy them. :innocent:

betina, maybe you can think of some variation based on what you have ... maybe try curling up on the couch while you think? :wink: What if you put your red shoes with the black outfit ... too winter-inappropriate?

I end up with strange patterns of wear across the top of the foot, so if a shoe is lower cut, it shows :o

Fewormany ... just what I always suspected!!!

@Betina: If you don't mind the 3/4 sleeves then the Saint James sounds very much like what you are looking for. It's fitted but not tight and not too long, and the cotton is very soft so it tucks easily into skirts if you like wearing it like that. I've worn mine A LOT since I got it in August and it doesn't show much signs of wear yet, so I am very happy with the quality. They have both navy and black striped ones (as well as other combinations, I have the ecru/navy).

http://www.boutique-saint-james.com/women-nautical-striped-t-shirt-lightweight-jersey-p363.html

I forgot to ask you where the cardigan is from? :flower:

@Tata: Thanks for the tip! I'll make a note for my next pair of heels, I saw some nice ones there. I like that the heels are a little more substantial, and the arch support looks good too. I also like the ballet flats you got! :smile:

I haven't decided what to wear tomorrow either. Right now I would most like to wear my pj's and curl up on the sofa... ^_^ I am thinking perhaps a black tulip shaped skirt with the white silk draped top, but I'm not sure if the shapes work together. I will try it on later tonight. I could wear a pencil skirt instead, but I am going to a dinner and I want to be able to eat and be comfortable. :P If I go with the black/white combo I will need some colourful accessories too to avoid the waitress-y look, but I haven't thought that far yet.

I also wore the new bag out yesterday and I actually quite like it. The size and shape is perfect, and the gold chain adds a nice detail to an outfit I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->