The Absolute "soho" Of Paris?

FashionFreak

Reaction score
OK, I have to admit that I reviewed all posts concerning shopping in Paris before posting this. However, I still would like to know what is the biggest, nicest shopping spot in Paris. In another word, The "SoHo" of Paris ???????????????????

Those wondering, I will be in Paris, St. Tropaiz, Mont Carlo during the Fashion festival this coming July... I thought your suggestions during my NY was pretty helpful :heart: ... helping me out with these spots will also be appreicated.

Await me with a complete live reports from Paris during the festival.

Waiting for your answers.

LEO.

PS. rooms reservations..the sky is the limit.. :unsure:

hmm.. there are so many places. none of them really compares to SOHO as such. :unsure:
what fashion festival are you talking about if i may ask :innocent: ?!

as for ST TROPEZ and MONACO you will not have a hard time finding the cool shops. since both cities are so small. :lol:

but if you like i will give you some more detail later on :wink:

concerning paris, i would recommend RUE ST HONORé, the entire area and side streets around there. its the 1st arrondissement. its also where colette is.
but there are some real cool shops there now. B)

also if you start off at PLACE DES VICTOIRES
ME0000062591_3.jpg

go to a shop called LE SHOP. it used to be THE place to be 10 yrs ago and now its apparently picking up again. its opposite lina's sandwiches.
then go down on RUE ETIENNE MARCEL
you will find some cool designer boutiques there :heart:
for trainers, you should check out LES HALLES. just walk around there and you will be "bombarded" with trainer/sneaker shops :lol:

enjoy :flower:

Marais district approximates Soho/W.Village best by the ambiance. Well, the ambiance of Soho of yesterday anyway, before the witless consumer masses took over.

<edit> Oh, I just noticed that you are looking for a hotel in your post? Do the infamous Hotel Costes, if sky is the limit as you say (if you can't get reservations, try Hotel K, by the same owners).

Originally posted by faust@May 13th, 2004 - 3:07 pm

<edit> Oh, I just noticed that you are looking for a hotel in your post? Do the infamous Hotel Costes, if sky is the limit as you say (if you can't get reservations, try Hotel K, by the same owners).
I work in a french hotel company :wink: .. I was just saying how expensive it is to find a room around that period. Lucky me

Thanks Lyla. There is a big shopping sale going on in the 1st couple of weeks of July. It is also the time for lots of cloth vendors to showcase thier upcoming stuff. some friends overseas tried making reservations in that period but prices were around 300 Euros a night, reasoning the fashion festival. To me it was easy, as I work for a french hotel brand.

If you have some good tips about the other 2 cities, please let me know. By the way, how did you know I was looking to get some trainers ? hehe

Originally posted by leyla m.@May 13th, 2004 - 6:58 pm
hmm.. there are so many places. none of them really compares to SOHO as such. :unsure:
what fashion festival are you talking about if i may ask :innocent: ?!

as for ST TROPEZ and MONACO you will not have a hard time finding the cool shops. since both cities are so small. :lol:

but if you like i will give you some more detail later on :wink:

concerning paris, i would recommend RUE ST HONORé, the entire area and side streets around there. its the 1st arrondissement. its also where colette is.
but there are some real cool shops there now. B)

also if you start off at PLACE DES VICTOIRES
ME0000062591_3.jpg

go to a shop called LE SHOP. it used to be THE place to be 10 yrs ago and now its apparently picking up again. its opposite lina's sandwiches.
then go down on RUE ETIENNE MARCEL
you will find some cool designer boutiques there :heart:
for trainers, you should check out LES HALLES. just walk around there and you will be "bombarded" with trainer/sneaker shops :lol:

enjoy :flower:
u so hav to take me shoppin in paris sometime... wen we both happen to b there...
i did a self made tour last time i was there... but i just know it will b so much more special n improved with ur presence n guidance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->