The Acne Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most spas do back "facials," for lack of a better word. Ring around and ask questions. Just make your appointment a day or two in advance of prom because sometimes a facial can cause temporary inflammation.

Have you been to a dermatologist? They might be able to prescribe something that could help it...

Originally posted by ProfessorWB@Apr 25th, 2004 - 9:51 pm
Have you been to a dermatologist? They might be able to prescribe something that could help it...
Yes I have. She gave me a prescription for something that they said would be very harmful if used near someone who suffers from Crohn's disease, which my mom does. And it had tons of scary side effects listed that were just not worth it for clear skin.

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry+Apr 25th, 2004 - 8:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hollyslookingdry @ Apr 25th, 2004 - 8:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ProfessorWB@Apr 25th, 2004 - 9:51 pm
Yes I have. She gave me a prescription for something that they said would be very harmful if used near someone who suffers from Crohn's disease, which my mom does. And it had tons of scary side effects listed that were just not worth it for clear skin. [/b][/quote]
Hhmm..odd she didn't give yuo an alternative other than that one medicine..there's so many others that you can try...I'm taking a antibiotic to clear my face up, but I wouldn't recommend it to you...

I had some backne a few months back and I went to a spa to have them clear it up and also exfoliate your body from time to time to keep the skin renewed and healthy...also maybe try a body wash with ance medicine/salisic acid...Netrogena has one. I've been doing that for the past month and my body acne is pretty much clear now.

I have an odd dark spots still from some deep acne on my back...if you have those and they dont disapear for prom.. just use some foundation/powder/etc. :flower:

I never had severe acne problems, but a friends of mine claims to have clean skin thanks to homepathic medcine, and this one sureley won't have any side-effects :smile:

I have never had zits nor pimples b4 in my entire life and lately my forehead has broken out worse than it ever has!! :( I wash my face usually w. Noxema and it has never caused ne problems..Can someone telll me why my face might be breaking out and what i can do about but not spend a fortune!?!? :unsure:

stress?

that's just a guess. but for the most part it is extremely difficult to pin point a cause of acne. did you have a change in diet?

proactive works pretty well. or you could just dry them with toothpaste overnight

how old are you? If you're a teenager it could simply be hormonal. Or, if you recently just went off the pill or something else like that can affect your skin as well while your body is re-adjusting. Or- I hate to say it but- if you're doing a lot of chemical drugs or smoking/drinking that can trigger breakouts as well.

I wouldn't stress it too much, just eat healthy and drink lots of water.

KluShious88,

Do you have bangs now and never had them before? It can be because of a change in diet or stress levels also if you have things on your forehead (hands, bangs and stuff of the sort). When I first started to work I would get pimples around my chin from the phone, now I wear a headset and its fine.

I def. dont do ne drugs!! I am 16..soon to be 17...maybe i am just stressed but who knows :( But w. the toothpaste thing, isnt drying your face out really bad for zits when they are present?? Overdrying?

lol ure a teenager... don't worry about it.

The toothpaste thing does work.. you're not drying your skin, you're drying the spots out... they';; eventually fall off lol ... if you dont fancy toothpaste then get some tea tree oil...

but whatever you do.. dont stress about it.. that'll make them worse ...
/// dont keep touching your face either because you can make them worse with the bacteria on your fingers...

Stop eating sugar, and start eating Spinach (Vit. A), Canteloupe (beta carotene), and Salmon (Omega3 fatty acids). I know the sugar part is hard, but believe me, your skin will clear up in no time. Remember: Sugar feeds bacteria!

Try not to irritate your skin too much with topical treatments for pimples.

omg that's funny cause I like eat a spinach salad almost everyday and I love love salmon! Isn't it funny how our bodies have their own "good" cravings?

Originally posted by Bonchic@Sep 3 2004, 03:08 PM
omg that's funny cause I like eat a spinach salad almost everyday and I love love salmon! Isn't it funny how our bodies have their own "good" cravings?
[snapback]355444[/snapback]​

And I've noticed the more "good" stuff you eat... the more you'll continually crave that stuff. And the sugar cravings will go away eventually.

I know and I've read EVERYWHERE that what you eat dosn't affect your face but I totally disagree.. Some people can get away with anything but others skin is more sensitive and it does affect them.. Like me it does affect me!

YES! They lie! :wink:

The way I see it... whatever you put in your body is going to affect you.

try murad's skin care line. its higher in price than noxema...but this stuff really works. or perhaps get on an antibiotic .....that will clear everything up.

Originally posted by Ryn@Sep 3 2004, 07:15 PM
And I've noticed the more "good" stuff you eat... the more you'll continually crave that stuff. And the sugar cravings will go away eventually.
[snapback]355461[/snapback]​

absolutely......im addicted to healthy food, sometimes unhealthy food i used to really like kinda repulses me now

Food really doesn't affect it. I've eaten healthy, I've eaten unhealthy, and both times I had terrible acne.

To get rid of mine I've gotten facials. Don't pick at your pimples. Also, while drying out your pimples is good, don't dry them out too much! If you dry your face out too much the sebum will just get trapped under layers of dead skin. Only put drying things on once a day. Use cleansers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->