The Acne Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And always use moisturiser after u do dry them out because if you dry your whole face out your skin makes it's own oils and feeds the pimples... And they just stay there

the pill is always a great help too, for those hormonal zits.

mint julip mask on the spot overnight for a few nights usually gets rid of them for me.

Originally posted by sashatheelf@Sep 4 2004, 03:04 AM
the pill is always a great help too, for those hormonal zits.

mint julip mask on the spot overnight for a few nights usually gets rid of them for me.
[snapback]356097[/snapback]​

Is there anything you can do about hormonal zits? I'm 24 and I still can't seem to escape the zits that pop up on my chin-and they are always the single, large swollen painful ones. I thought for sure I would have outgrown this a long time ago but no dice :yuk:

I mentioned exercise, right? It works wonders. Also, my doctor (regular, not dermatologist) prescribed BenzaClin topical gel because I had spots on my back for a while and it helps. One jar has lasted for a while, although I don't know how much it costs. Since it counts as medicine, though, I think insurance covers it. Maybe you could ask your doctor for something at your next checkup?

I get facials too! I was getting them regulary but got too busy but now I'm back to it! And let me tell you they can work wonders on your skin! You see the surface things but they can see what's coming it's amazing.. Yeah and see some people aren't affected by food... But lately even the thought of some foods makes me wanna hurl! It's terrible! But I guess it's good :lol:

Starting a new thread for acne. Post all your questions and concerns about acne, treatments, solution, products etc. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this isn't really acne, or maybe it is....but I didn't want to start a new thread and I did a search and no results. So I'll ask here. This is so gross and I don't even wanna ask it. Forgive me.
Ok I have a BOIL on my inner thigh area and anytime I've ever gotten a boil (RARELY) I'd have it for about a day and it would disappear. But this one has become about the size of a quarter. It hurts. I tried the health books and they all say pretty much the same. Keep a hot moist rag on it with 20 min. intervals, etc. Or varations of that. I did it. For two days. Nothing. Then another book said do 10 min of hot compress, immediately followed by 10 min. cold. Do it 3 times. And, well....it's still there. I guess the point is to make the boil come to a head...but it never does!!! And I don't have insuarance right now the last thing I wanna do is pay a high doc. bill. Any help??

^ My mother had the same problem like you, therefore I advice you to go
to a doctor because this is more of a medical problem :flower:

hi , since january i have been using a product from my doctor called Dalicin T topical lotion and it has worked !! it has cleared my 'spots' up but it has left me with a few red marks which i am concerned about, i know i havent been using the lotion long so the marks may well still go, and my doctor said to use the lotion for at least 12 months if it is effective, anyway i was wondering if any body else developed marks after using acne treatment and what you did to get rid of them???? thanx

Youll get surely red marks after having Acnee cuz it leaves scars on the skin cuz of the pimple. Time will do his work on these scars. There is some vit. that can HELP clrearing red marks but its no miracle treatement. It takes time.
Or else, you can go to a private dermatology clinic and they can make go away these red marks by laser or other treatements, but it costs some $$ for sure.

Hope it helps. :flower:

I asked my regular GP about ways to prevent getting acne, she said that most of the bacteria that causes acne comes from your pillow case and other things that touch your face regularly (like your cell phone and sunglasses). So the best ways to prevent acne are to use a new pillow case everynight and to wipe your cell phone and sunglasses with a clorox disinfecting wipe everyday.

when my acne was bad i completely found ways to never touch my face to my pillow case... lol what a freak... glad i was on accutane now i can sleep like a normal person.

Has anyone used the dermatologist-prescribed topical cream Duac? I started using it in mid-March in combination with Differin gel and minocycline (both of which I have stopped taking) and my skin looks wonderful. :D A lot of the reviews I have read though mention the product's tendency to stop working relatively quickly...

true, when you are using topical treatement, you have like 80% chances of getting acnee back...:doh:

Minocyclin is good though! why have you stopped taking it?

What about blackheads? I use you know, those scrubs. And those strips, especially on the nose. They don't work. I hate blackheads :(

Dubuc said:
true, when you are using topical treatement, you have like 80% chances of getting acnee back...:doh:

Minocyclin is good though! why have you stopped taking it?

I heard minocycline is the best antibiotic to take for acne. I used tetracycline for 4 years straight and watched my skin get worse... :shock: Anyway, I only used minocycline for 2-3 weeks, but wasn't even taking it twice a day on an empty stomach (no food 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after taking it). When I did, it was giving me terrible stomach pains. I honestly felt like I was being poisoned. I did some research online, and saw that pain in the upper GI tract (where my pain was located) is often because the medication is hard for the body to handle. Taking it with food didn't seem to help either, so no more of that for me. :(

^ Minocycline didn't work for me either... I was on it for 2 years before my doctor had the sense to take me off it.

Ya Minocyclin didnt work for me neither and its true that these antibiotoics are hard for the body to digest, you have to take them with food habitually to avoid stomach pain like you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->