The African heritage house

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
The African heritage house is one of Afric's most photographed houses and features several pieces fromt he entire continent. Everything in the house from the doors to the paintings has an extensive story on its origins. Several worl famous magazines have documented the house and it has also played hose to a number of photoshoots.
Here are some images of the house
Here is the inspiration of its exterior which is a Mud mosque. These mosques were constructed in a particular way using mud int he old kingdoms of Mali

pic africanheritagebook.com
mudmosque.jpg

here are some pics of the house
africanheritagebook.com

the exterior
houseview.jpg

Room at the top with handpainted ceiling and walls

livingroom4.jpg

one of the bedrooms
livingroom.jpg

msabed.jpg

St. John's ad
saksfifth.jpg

in Marie Claire
mosaique.jpg

first floor terrace which overlooks the Nairobi national park and also has a steam train that passes the front
africanheritagebook.com

tableparkview.jpg

guest room

guestbedroom.jpg

more rooms

paintedwalls.jpg

poolhouseinterior.jpg

the pool house at night whose jacuzzi overlooks the national park
poolnight.jpg

i like these a lot, so many different materials and patterns everywhere. so much attention to detail. thanks for the pictures urbanstylin

Last edited by a moderator:
UR WELCOME, I want to get some inspiration from the ethnic wall paintings which are very detailed

yea I was wondering about those. And the furnishings.. the designs are primarily geometric. There's only a very few pieces with floral or human/animal motifs...

also I'd love to visit the mud mosque!

Last edited by a moderator:
Urban Stylin, thank you so much for sharing. To say that it is beautiful would be a total understatement. I really love all the different materials, designs and textures used. It is both traditional and timeless and I would love to see it in real life.

Ur welcome, I got to visit it while still in design school and I have to say its awesome, it feels like an African royal palace from another era. The best thing about it is that most of the pieces are relics and have a story behind them.

yea I was wondering about those. And the furnishings.. the designs are primarily geometric. There's only a very few pieces with floral or human/animal motifs...

also I'd love to visit the mud mosque!

the mud mosques still exist in West Africa just imagine the contrast of the mud mosque's colour against bright floral robes worn by the locals. I think Liya had a shoot for US vogue in such a place a couple of years back.

goafrica.about.com

200311934-001.jpg

i like these a lot, so many different materials and patterns everywhere. so much attention to detail. thanks for the pictures urbanstylin

Yes, these photos are incredible. I adore African colors, materials, and styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->