The Art of Layering

I decided to add some layering pics of my own...some of them you may like, others you might not - but I'm just going to try and find a range.

Attachments

• all8.jpg
    all8.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
This Holly Vallance's version of layering...

Attachments

• tashatilberg02.jpg
    tashatilberg02.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm not too sure if this is one top or one, but it gives you another idea of how you can layer a lower cut long neckline with a higher cut one.

Attachments

• 100125143.jpg
    100125143.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 8
Amanda Bynes layers two tank tops nicely...

Attachments

• nerbleX_XamandaXbynesX03.jpg
    nerbleX_XamandaXbynesX03.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 7
Ok, so I know a lot of you don't like the Olsen twins, but the one on the right has got a bit of layering going on...

Attachments

• cool_outfir.jpg
    cool_outfir.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 11
Brits has layered two tops here....she has also layered *cough* her pants and a g-banger to go! Definately not street wear for us, but I think she pulls it off. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• brit_performance.jpg
    brit_performance.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 7
Lemme know what you think...I'm definately a fan of layering although its hard to find good examples of it on the internet...

Originally posted by highheels@May 17th, 2004 - 8:33 pm
I love the idea of layering tanks in various ways. What do you guys think? Post your opinions and pics.
i would wear both these shirts....but seperately. do you know where they are from?

Originally posted by sashatheelf+May 18th, 2004 - 6:47 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sashatheelf @ May 18th, 2004 - 6:47 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-highheels@May 17th, 2004 - 8:33 pm
I love the idea of layering tanks in various ways. What do you guys think? Post your opinions and pics.
i would wear both these shirts....but seperately. do you know where they are from? [/b][/quote]
yes these are from house of style.com. I think the designer is diesel style lab. And for those who don't like the pics please post what you do like.

Originally posted by xxxxxstefaniexxxxx@May 18th, 2004 - 3:43 am
Amanda Bynes layers two tank tops nicely...
This is better, it's more subtle.

:heart: yes!!! I love it. :heart: :heart:

It adds such an intretsing dimension and expressive feeling to clothing.

stefanie...i don't think that wearing something underneath a see through garment falls into the same category as this trend...

while it is true that it is technically layered...a bikini under a mesh top is hardly a new trend and doesn't really belong with the looks that high heels posted...imho.. :flower:

and underwear-(g string or whatever) under pants... is certainly not a trend my dear...most people wear underwear on a daily basis...it's not exactly a fashion statement... :wink:

Originally posted by highheels@May 18th, 2004 - 10:12 am
And for those who don't like the pics please post what you do like.
I agree--so many of you say that you like the trend, and I would like to see your takes on it! :flower: I bet you guys will come up with some cool pictures. How would you weave this kind of look into your own wardrobe?

I think the layered look looks best when the clothes are abit loose.. like this:

j05_1.jpg

yeah like subtle but interesting layers...

right now I'm layering a tuqoise tank with a loose kinda falling off my shoulder white tee with turqoise writing...and 2 belts which I guess is layering somewhat over a skirt..

I love this look :heart:

Attachments

• bojana_elleus01.jpg
    bojana_elleus01.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 6
Originally posted by As You Like It@May 17th, 2004 - 9:52 pm
Girls in the midwest have been doing this for ages! Ever since the spaghetti-strap tank tops came into fashion (and the slip dresses) I have seen girls wearing a skinny tee or a sleeveless top under a strappy, skimpy tank-top. That way you can still wear your bra, and if you have back-acne (like I do) you don't have to expose it to the world.

I am quite fond of this look myself, because I have some excellent tops that are too skimpy for work, but can be paired up with other stuff to be more modest and more funky at the same time. I can wear a long, but strappy tank top under a cropped, long-sleeved top, thereby covering my stomach and chest, yet showing layers of interesting fabric. Or I can wear a short-sleeved, skinny tee under a sundress that would otherwise be too revealing for work. Then it is more like a pinafore dress and rather Loli-Chan, especially with my big, black boots and my hair in french-braided pig-tails.

It is fun, too, to combine colors you wouldn't otherwise think of, like orange and electric blue, or yellow and purple. Plain color, bright tanks and tees can be a good and cheap way to express your love of color and you can pull it together with outlandish accessories. I have this great rainbow-striped belt that had been my mom's in the 1980s that I use this way, and lots of wild earrings from my junior-high years.

Layering is definitely a great wardrobe extender and is incomparable for versatility.
I don't understand what you say about your bra?

What I meant was that you can wear your bra without the straps showing. With spaghetti strap tank tops, your brastraps show, which I think looks kind of tacky. Some of us can get away without wearing a bra, though we might not want our nipples to show up if the air-conditioning is too cold or something.

Basically, I was sayin, if you want to wear a tank-top, but want to still wear your bra, and not have it show, you can get more use out of your tank-top if you use it as a layer with something else that will cover your shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->