The Aviator Cast

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by ignitioned32, Mar 2, 2004.

1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Arguably the must see movie of 2004 (Kill Bill Vol. 2 is still the must-see for mosts), The Aviator boasts a star-studded cast and crew. Martin Scorsese (GoodFellas, Gangs of New York) is directing, and Leonardo DiCaprio, Jude Law, Alec Baldwin and John C. Reliy star. But that's not what's interesting. The roles of Jean Harlow, Ava Gardner, Katharine Hepburn and Lena Horn (which all actresses fought over including Oscar winners Nicole and Renee and Gwyneth and Halle) are given already. Gwen Stefani will make her big-screen debut as Jean, Cate will play Katherine, Kate (Beckinsale) will play Ava and Josie Maran might play Lena Horne.

2. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Cate is by far the perfect actor to play Katherine :heart:

3. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

More info... Katherine was suppose to be for Gwyneth ( :huh: I know), Nicole was suppose to play Ava, Halle suppose to play Lena Horne and Renee suppose to play Jean.

4. Amélie

Amélie New Member

I've seen photos of Gwen Stefani as Jean. She looks amazing, but i hope she can act.

5. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

I'm confused...has the movie not been shot, yet? When is this movie due to release with this much casting up in the air?

6. moussemaker

moussemaker Active Member

I can't wait to see it! :heart:
    [​IMG]

Here's a BIG image of Leo with Gwen:
    http://www.scorsesefilms.com/photos/images/bb7.jpg

Do you know that in 2001 Jim Carrey was meant to play Howard Hughes? He talked about it on Larry King during the promotion for "The Majestic" but somehow it didn't happen..

7. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm quite positive filming has started/finished. I've seen pictures of Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett shooting some of their scenes together. That's why I think Cate is perfect - seeing her in costume, she really resembles Katherine. :heart:

As for Gwen, she definately looks the part - heres hoping she has the acting ability to back it up... I'm quite sure she does though, she's always been an awesome performer! :kiss:

8. moussemaker

moussemaker Active Member

According to imdb.com filming is already finished and they're in the post-production now. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338751/

And according to movieweb:
    "Infernal Affairs: According to The Hollywood Reporter, Leonardo DiCaprio might reteam with Martin Scorsese, his director onGangs of New York and the upcoming release The Aviator.

Sources said DiCaprio is in talks to star in Infernal Affairs for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Based on a trilogy of Chinese-language gangster movies, "Infernal" is being produced by Scorsese as well as Brad Grey, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt's Plan B shingle. Sources said Pitt most likely will star in the picture as well.

Stay tuned for more on this project... "

9. Barbie

Barbie New Member

Not to be contorversial but how does one pick a white woman to play a black woman? Josie Maran as Lena Horne is just ridiculous...One would never get say Halle Berry to play Marilyn Monroe ...whatever

10. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I believe that Janet Jackson was to play her, but after the Super Bowl incident... :innocent:

11. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I hope so too

12. purplelucrezia

They had an editorial on the movie in last month's Bazaar, I think. :flower:
    Although I don't think that Cate Blanchett really resembles Katherine Hepburn, they are both very talented, strong actresses and I am sure that Ms. Blanchett will do an admirable job. I can't wait for the movie to come out! B)

13. Barbie

Barbie New Member

Well if not Ms. Jackson then tap into an unknown talent there are enough Big stars to perhaps add in one of less noteriety.

14. Napmove

Napmove New Member

Gwen is only in the movie for about 10 min, its more of an extended cameo then any thing so i would be surprised if they actually would get a bigger actress for such a small part.

[​IMG]

15. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

According to MSN, the Aviator is going to open on December 17, 2004. Just right in time for next years award season. ;)

16. asta

asta New Member

:angry: :angry: :angry:

i LOVE cate blanchett... but she is NO kate hepburn.

how can she even be cast to play her?????

:shock: :doh: :shock:

17. LavenderPineappleCitrus

I can't wait to see this movie. I so love Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett.

18. purplelucrezia

She's the best there is right now. In my opinion, of course. :flower:
    Who else would you want to play her?

19. lucky star

lucky star New Member

I am definetly looking forward to seeing this movie, I am excited to see Gwen Stefani playing Jean Harlow. I think she defintly looks the part and will do a good job. it will be fabulous. but I am also confused as to how Josie Maran will play Lena Horne?

20. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

Hummmm... Star studded cast but the question is are the few ''new actors'' able to act. Gwen Stefani does well as a singer and Josie Maran as a model, I'll have to wait and see the movie before judging on their acting talent. I just hope Gwen doesn't end up like Jennifer Lopez (an untalented lady who's trying to do as many jobs as she can - and ends up being bad at almost everything - sorry :D )........