The Balenciaga Bag Thread

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by kimair, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

you can also take some very very fine sanding paper to it to unearth that golden color underneath earlier. that's what i did :)

2. ChrissyM

ChrissyM girl who fell to earth

I just bought a giant silver work in the anthracite color and am debating whether to keep it or not.

I have a city already and am feeling like the work just looks kind of... HUGE.

Is it practical to think that I would use this in everyday life or only for travel?

Do any of you have the work and how does it work (for lack of a better word) for you?

3. VersaceVixen009

VersaceVixen009 New Member

Is the mini city a good size considering it's small? Can you fit a decent amount of items in it?

4. kimair

kimair frozen

i have an anthracite rose gold giant hardware work, and i don't use it every day...
    i mainly use it if i have to bring my laptop or camera to work (i have a desktop computer at work), or when i'm traveling (it's a great weekend bag)...
    the city is a great size for day-in-day-out, but too small for my computer (also i was afraid i'd stretch out the handles)...

5. ChrissyM

kim, i was thinking the bag could have the same exact use for me...
    seems like a great "briefcase" sort of bag, which makes the "Work" name totally applicable of course.

And the first thing I thought when I took it out of the box was that it would be such a great carry-on/weekend bag. Much better than the Goyard bag I've been using – which is also great, I just don't love traveling with an open tote that things can potentially fall out of.

Still feeling a bit torn but the anthracite color is so lovely. Starting to lean more toward keeping it... :rolleyes:

6. ChrissyM

To follow up... I decided to keep the bag ^_^

I ended up winning a $$$ Saint Laurent bag in a work raffle (it apparently pays to work for a fashion retailer) that I can use every day so I felt like that gave me additional reason to splurge on a bag that will be pulled out for other purposes on other occasions.

7. VersaceVixen009

VersaceVixen009 New Member

Got the classic city bag in black as a birthday gift and am in love:blush:

8. voguetta

voguetta Member

Hello people!
    I'm new to this thread, i've just got a preloved Balenciaga Box Bag, some of the tassels are broken or missing... anyway the overall condition is really very, my question is: is there any chance to get new balenciaga tassels?
    help, thank you :smile: