The Best Smelling And Worst Smelling Perfumes

It is so true that some perfumes really smell great on certain people, and terrible on others. It is all in the body chemistry. Calyx from Prescriptives is this way as well as Aromatics Elixir from Clinique. I think the A. E. reeks!! But people swear that it smells great on a few people.

Originally posted by tgp@Jun 15th, 2003 - 12:06 pm
It is so true that some perfumes really smell great on certain people, and terrible on others. It is all in the body chemistry. Calyx from Prescriptives is this way as well as Aromatics Elixir from Clinique. I think the A. E. reeks!! But people swear that it smells great on a few people.
agree.... but some just stink no matter who wears it
(believe me, samsara is a threat to humanity :sick: )

I like J'Adore Dior best. Can't stand the overpowering vanilla smell in Angel by Thierry Mugler (sp?) :yuk:

Originally posted by ling*@Jun 15th, 2003 - 10:00 pm
I like J'Adore Dior best.
I wear J'Adore to bed. I think it's good to have one scent that's reserved for my husband.

Tealady - how lovely & romantic :heart:
I'm sure he appreciates it :flower:

I really like Valentino (I'm not sure what the exact name is, but it smells great)
Vera Wang is soo good!
Marc Jacobs :-)
Some of the BCBG Girls
Gucci Rush 2

Lauder's Youth Dew is the worst, a Goutal may be the best that I've smelled. However I will continue to purchase Youth Dew.

Originally posted by Feline@Jun 17th, 2003 - 7:29 am
Tealady - how lovely & romantic :heart:
I'm sure he appreciates it :flower:
Yes, Feline, he certainly does.... :blush: :innocent:

I don't like too strong smelling perfumes, they make me nauseous, so my favourite, and what I usually wear is Christian Dior Eau Svelte.

A scent I absolutely cannot stand is Jean Paul Gaultier, it's just horrible! I had a friend who used to wear it... :sick: Glow by J.Lo is also awful!

i dont like anythign commercial.. the thought that a lot of people smell the same akes me sad :huh: :rolleyes:

Don't be sad, leyla. :flower: Do they really smell the same? One's own body chemistry interacts with the scent and gives a unique smell for every person. That's why the same perfume can smell different on different people. I've tried scents that I hate on myself and love on someone else. :rolleyes:

I like:
Gucci Rush
Naomi Campbell Exult
J'Adore Dior

I don't like:
J.Lo's - I smells cheap
Samsara - :sick:

Originally posted by tealady@Jun 15th, 2003 - 10:15 pm
I wear J'Adore to bed. I think it's good to have one scent that's reserved for my husband.
That's beautiful Tealady! How romantic!

Inspired by this topic, I went and tried Chanel Allure and the green one (forget the name). They were both just awful on me. :cry:

Originally posted by charlottesometimes+Jun 18th, 2003 - 8:57 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(charlottesometimes @ Jun 18th, 2003 - 8:57 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tealady@Jun 15th, 2003 - 10:15 pm
That's beautiful Tealady! How romantic![/b][/quote]
Thanks, Charlotte! Romance is what marriage is all about!! Husbands are meant to feel special! I like the fact that there is a private part of me to which only he is privy. :heart:

I too have had trouble with perfume changing once it hit my skin. One of the fashion rags this month, can't remember which one, gave a tip that worked for me: put it in your hands and clap them together once, then rub hands through hair. On my hair it seems to keep it's smell. On my body, it changes. However, I have noticed too that when I don't have body oil o lotion on, it seems to stay more true to it's intended smell. :flower:
Has anyone out there tried Michael Kors: Michael? The magazine ads smell devine. Was wondering how that translates in person???

I'm looking for a perfume that smells like brown sugar, vanilla, and or butter creme frosting. Does anyone know of one? :flower:

You need to look into Demeter fragrances. They are on Sephora.com. They have angel food, gin and tonic- all kinds of unique scents. maybe there is one that you will like.
SUGAR COOKIE-I just remembered it smells like frosting. yum. :P

Jean Paul Gaultier's fragile is my fave....
am almost out too! gotta stock up!

I'm crazy about Armany's Emporio White for her.
I used to like Coolwater Davidoff but it's used waaaaaaaay too much nowadays.
However I hate Sunflowers (I think by Elizabeth Arden but am not sure). I also hate those teenager body sprays that come in plastic bottles and are supposed to be smelling like flowers but always smell appaling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->