The Best Smelling And Worst Smelling Perfumes

Hye Park Lover said:
best smelling
Comme des Garcons 2
I love love - Moschino Cheap and Chic
Thierry Mugler - Angel

Worst
Chanel No.5 (the word "blah" comes to mind)
Moschino the non-cheap-and-chic-one, absolutely horrendous *cough**splutter*

Haven't tried McQueen's Kingdom yet but by the sounds of all the raves for it, I'm dying to try it. Sounds fabulous

Did I put Angel down?:huh: I mean Alien, Angel was really just "blah" for me:yuk:

WORST

angel travels right up my nasal passages and kills brain cells
paris hilton smells like cat piss
guerlain ANYTHING
chanel number 5, sorry i dont like it!
lovely yawn, im so bored

i like bvlgari black(yes i know its a mens fragrance) prada, issey miyake, narciso rodriguez.....but i actually dont wear fragrances because i am very sensitive to them

I don't like the smell of Red Door on me, but it smells okay on my mum...
I love Ana Sui Secret wish atm... and CK Euphoria is nice too...

:smile:

For me, tha best is Le Feu de Issey (with both, "light", as far as I know, they produse only "light" version now)
S.T. Dupont
From the new ones I liked Hypnose by Lancome.

Dont like - the "flat", "straight" fragrances.

What can I say, most 'designer' fragrances are pretty bad from a professional point of view, because they usually have no idea what they're doing. I hate very synthetic, obtrusive fragrances that are so far away from the intention of perfume.

You're not supposed to smell someone the moment they step into a room, perfume is something intimate and special. Something to express your personality, not express the advertising campaign that is thrown at you and tells you a scent is 'hot'.
There are a lot of really good fragrances, but they're just not that popular because many people don't really care/know the difference.

But hey, no offence and each to its own :winkiss:

^ So tell us what you think are some of the best ...

I own only three fragrances and haven't bought anything new in years. The vast majority are unappealing to me ... I dislike Angel and Chanel No 5.

Some I'm convinced have never smelled good on anyone; some just don't smell good on me. Had a friend who wore Opium, it smelled so lovely ... on me it's beyond bad. Same with Prada ... I really like the way it smells in magazines, but I have very warm skin ... I tried it and the patchouli was absolutely overwhelming (unfortunately I have never cared for patchouli).

My favorites are

*Pear & Cassis by Fresh
*Corso cio Como
*Agony (a rose perfume)
*Hotel Costes perfume (its dreamy)

My most hated are

*Angel
*a perfume by Space NK (I gave it to my gran when she was ill in hospital and she wore it every day there before she died and now I cannot bear it)
*Shalimar
*Marc Jacobs original perfume
*helmut lang

helena said:
My favorites are

*Pear & Cassis by Fresh
*Corso cio Como
*Agony (a rose perfume)
*Hotel Costes perfume (its dreamy)

My most hated are

*Angel
*a perfume by Space NK (I gave it to my gran when she was ill in hospital and she wore it every day there before she died and now I cannot bear it)
*Shalimar
*Marc Jacobs original perfume
*helmut lang

Helmut Land and Jacobs are totally disgusting, I agree. Can you bring the Costes one?! :woot: I have a soft spot for that place because of the music, even though the hotel is kind of cheesy by now.

faust unfortunetly I don't have the perfume, I only have the candle....its divine. I can smell it just now in my house.

Favourite:
Givenchy Pour Homme (even if it is for men, I love it)
CK 1

Worst:
SJP - Lovely
Marc Jacobs - Blush? I think that's it.

Love: lacoste a touch of pink, Cinema Yves Saint Laurent, coco chanel. angel smells ok

Hate: Britney's perfume..don't know what it called..doesn't smell good at allll. smells kinda cheap. oohhh and agent provocateur errr...i HATE IT!!!

Can someone tell me why perfume smells different on people and tester paper stick things? I know it does, but I can't understand why...

Like: Chanel #19, Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood, Jovan Musk, Yves St Laurent "Ysatis," Estee Lauder "Tuscany Donna," COTY "Emeraude," COTY "Wild Musk," Myrugia "Maja."

A real mix of high and low, eh? I like musks and woodsy scents mostly.

For perfumes I loathe, Thierry Muglier "Angel," "Anais Anais," "Vanilla Fields," "CK1," Arden "Sunflower," Calvin Klein "Eternity" "Obsession," YSL "Opium."

Also hate and detest the Burberry scents and strictly avoid "celebrity" perfumes. I had a run-in with Debbie Gibson's "Electric Youth" perfume back in my own not-so-electric youth. The stench was unbelievable. I was mostly drawn in by the extremely awesome bottle. I wasn't a big fan of Debbie Gibson's music, and the perfume turned out to smell terrible, but I wore it for a while when I was about 12, because I "just had to have it," and felt I had better get my $12 worth out of it. :yuk:

charlottesometimes said:
:lol: Two of my favourites are on others least favourite list - pleasures and obsession (although at times its a little heavy), I also like D & G, Iced Green Tea, Gardenia Passion, and Diamonds and Emeralds by Elizabeth Taylor (I'm serious! :blush:)

The worst perfume I have ever smelt is the original Gaultier scent (although I adore the bottle) and I was once unlucky enough to receive it as a present :unsure: . It makes me feel nauseous.

wow, that's funny because it's beginning to make me feel nauseous too. it may be because i smelled it ALL the time when i was sick and now when i think about it i'm :sick:. i had to move the bottle to my mom's room..

anyway, my favorite scents:
J'adore Dior
Gucci Rush 2
Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise
Curious by Britney Spears :blush:

I am hoping Santa brings me Givenchy - Hot Couture.... I am soo excited :smile:

What is the shelf life of perfume? I have some that I've neglected for about a year, and now want to wear it; It smells good still (Touch of Pink/Lacoste), so is there no expiration date or...?

Hye Park Lover said:
Can someone tell me why perfume smells different on people and tester paper stick things? I know it does, but I can't understand why...

The perfume combined with natural oils on different people's skin is what causes the difference in smell.

Wannabe, after one year the perfume should still be good.

I have a bottle of Chanel #19 that is I don't know how many years old (possibly about seven) and it is just fine.

i like :

-euphoria -calvin klein
-eternity moment-calvin klein
-ultraviolett-paco rabbane

i dont like:
-flowers-kenzo
-sun-jil sander

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"