The Black Donnellys

kissmesweet

Reaction score
I just saw the pilot and the second episode. I really loved it!! I started to watch it since I love Olivia Wilde who plays Jenny Reilly on the show. And I loved her ever since she played Alex on the OC. She's so stunning an amazing actress!

Summary from NBC.com:
Meet the Donnelly brothers: Tommy, Jimmy, Kevin and Sean. There is nothing these four Irish brothers wouldn't do to protect each other, and for them that means lying, cheating, stealing and, occasionally, calling the cops. Narrated by wannabe gangster Joey "Ice Cream," this gritty series bears witness to the Donnelly brothers' sudden involvement in organized crime, focusing on how they go from boys to mobsters, and showing how their new life affects their relationships with friends, family and lovers.
Academy Award winners Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco ("Crash") are the creators of this gritty new crime drama series loosely based on Moresco's background. The ensemble cast includes Jonathan Tucker ("Texas Chainsaw Massacre"), Billy Lush ("Huff"), Thomas Guiry ("Mystic River"), Michael Stahl-David ("Uncle Nino"), Keith Nobbs ("25th Hour"), Olivia Wilde ("The O.C.") and Kirk Acevedo ("Oz"). Haggis, who directed the pilot, and Moresco are the creators, executive producers and co-writers. The series is from NBC Universal Television Studio in association with Blackfriars Bridge Productions.

I can't wait to see how the show develops. :heart:

I really, really love it too. So much so that my usual bed time of 8:30 *blushes* is pushed back until 11pm on Mondays.
I haven't loved a show so much in a long time.

I love it... its sort of an Irish version of the Sopranos but still super original. Its really cool.

OMG!!! My roommate and I are obsessed with The Black Donnellys! The guys are hot and the story is great- what more could a girl ask for?! :P I hope it doesn't get canceled b/c I heard the ratings aren't that great :unsure:

What an amazing show. I just watched the 3 episodes that airred plus the Web only episode these past two days. AMAZING. I think it is actually a bit more gritty than the Sopranos and its on network television.

Hopefully NBC will give this show a chance and not cancel it due to low ratings. I think the cast is amazing on this show but I hate how I can't pinpoint everyone! I obviously know Olivia from the OC but everyone else I feel like I've seen them before but can't quite place them even after finding out what they've played in.

Oh, one thing that bothers me: When Tommy gets really mad/agressive its almost like he starts to drool or something. He is always sucking on his lower lip and it gets a really wet look near his chin. It drives me CRAZY!!

The only thing for me right now is that the whole Huey storyline is confusing me!! I don't get why Tommy killed him and why Huey was hanging out with the Italian mob people. He was, wasn't he? Was he the peacekeeper or something? And omg there is a web episode?! Does anything big happen in it?

Jules-- They said that if you missed the website episode its nothing to worry about. It takes place between episode 2 and 3. If you missed it you didn't really miss anything because in episode 3 they kind of throw in everything. If you really want to see if and you have gmail let me know and I'll email you the file. Its 179mb. It's not the clearest quality beacuse it was streaming on the website.

Also, the entire thing with Huey is this: Huey and Sal were working together. They had a deal to control both neighborhoods. Huey lied to Tommy. He told Tommy that if Jimmy showed up to Sal's all by himself that the only thing that would happen would be that Jimmy would get a beating (but not as bad as Sean's was). Tommy knew that was BS and that Jimmy would die. Huey was setting up Jimmy for death. Jimmy had a lot of problems which caused a lot of problems in the Irish neighborhood. Huey wanted him out of the way. Tommy figured everything out and when he went to kill Sal he had to kill Huey. In case you missed it, when Tommy shot Sal Huey was reaching for his own gun.

Oh, you really should watch the web episode because in it you will find out how close the Donnelly's were to Huey. A little peice of advice that Huey gave to Tommy on the day of his fathers funeral ended up biting Huey in the ***.

^thank you :smile: i think i saw that part with Huey's advice. And Sal is Italian, right?

Yes he is. He was the head of the Italian "mob" in their area of NYC. And the guy that works for him, Nicky, kind of set it up so that Sal would be murdered. He was trying to take over Sal's position.

I love this show and the mob storylines really remind of me of Danny and his brother on CSI: NY.

It's so good. I hope it doesn't get cancelled, though. I wish more people would watch it!

BabyJ said:
Oh, one thing that bothers me: When Tommy gets really mad/agressive its almost like he starts to drool or something. He is always sucking on his lower lip and it gets a really wet look near his chin. It drives me CRAZY!!

Now that you mention it, it annoys me so much!!!! I think his lower lip is already a little further in than is top lip already so when he sucks his lip it makes it worse! I still love him though :heart:

This is a pretty good show, I think it's my favourite show on tv right now. Alot of shows on tv now are just crap, but this one is good..especially in the delivering of the story. It's not quick or attention grabbing, but you can really feel the story as you watch it. It's all very smoooooooth, like it isnt trying too hard to get my attention. Good script and good acting.

Oh gosh I am so glad there is a thread on this show. I am obsessed with it and I have only seen what? 5 episodes!

It is such a good show, and the guys are so hot.

I've already turned 3 people onto this show, so I hope the whole ratings problem won't end up canceling it.

It's got such amazing acting.

Oh and by the way, did anybody realize that Jimmy is the main kid from the baseball movie "The Sandlot"?
I knew I recognized him from somewhere, so I had to look it up. And I swear I've seen the guy that plays Kevin (Billy Lush, majorly adorable) but I have no idea where! :D

:angry: :cry::censored: :( :furious:
from variety.com:
Networks clean house

'Heaven,' 'Donnellys,' others get the axe

By JOSEF ADALIAN, MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

It was a Bloody Monday in TV land as the nets delivered bad news to the casts and crews of several skeins, including "The Wedding Bells," "Six Degrees," "7th Heaven" and "The Black Donnellys."

Prognosis was a bit more upbeat for some skeins, with NBC slotting "The Real Wedding Crashers" in a primo slot behind "Heroes" and the CW finally confirming a home for long-delayed drama "Hidden Palms."

First, the bad news.

"Bells," from David E. Kelley, has halted production and will air at least one more time.

Comedic drama had a rough Friday, averaging a 1.4/5 in the demo. Fox will keep "Bells" on the air this week; net had already planned to preempt it next week for a run of "White Chicks." It's unlikely "Bells" will return after that.
Seven episodes of "Bells" had been produced when the call was made on Monday to shut the show down. "Bells" had an unusual trek to the air: Kelley was called into duty and asked to rework an old ABC pilot to replace another wedding-themed show -- "The Wedding Album" -- which had originally been ordered to air but was ultimately axed.

"While we've been pleased with the show creatively, and David's writing was first-rate, the show just didn't secure the ratings we'd hoped for," a Fox spokesman said.

Also on the chopping block: ABC's "Six Degrees," which is off the air immediately.

"Six Degrees" was deep sixed after viewers completely ignored the show's return to the Alphabet web two weeks ago. Show averaged a 1.1 rating/4 share among adults 18-49 in its final airing on Friday, leading ABC to a rough fifth-place finish among the broadcast webs.

"Wife Swap" repeats will now air in the Friday 9 p.m. spot.

Then there's the case of the bouncing "Notes From the Underbelly" scheduling. Confirmed just a week ago for the juicy post-"Grey's Anatomy" slot on Thursday nights, "Underbelly" now has yet another new home: Wednesdays at 8:30, behind "According to Jim."

"Underbelly" will still premiere in the Thursday 10 p.m. spot, with back-to-back episodes on April 12. But the show will then move to its regular Wednesday slot the following week on April 18.

That's because the Alphabet web has been pleasantly surprised by "October Road," which performed well Thursday despite airing behind a "Grey's Anatomy" repeat. Rather than rock the boat, ABC will now bring "Road" back for its final two episodes on April 19 and 26.

Over at NBC, net will yank Paul Haggis-Bobby Moresco drama "The Black Donnellys" from its posh Monday-night perch in order to make room for its new reality take on "Wedding Crashers."

"Donnellys" had been slated to air most of its 13-seg run at 10 p.m. Mondays. Assuming NBC doesn't pull the plug sooner, "Donnellys" will end April 16, getting to air just eight episodes on Mondays -- with only two of those segs airing behind original episodes of "Heroes." ...

I am so pissed!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ARG! No! I love this show! It's the only decent show around with a good story line and even better acting. Not to mention the gorgeous males.

Why oh why.

Looks like i'm back to wataching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares.

Last edited by a moderator:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I am seriously pissed off at TV today! They want to take this off the air?! What a great show and such a stupid idea to axe it, especially without even giving us our full 13 episodes worth. I just got all of my friends into watchin it and they are taking it off the air?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->