The Blonds F/W 08.09 NYC

prettypouf

Reaction score
"One of the only breaks we took during fashion week, where we decided to just sit down and watch, was at The Blonds Fall 08 fashion show. Most of America will think of Betsey Johnson as the wild and crazy show to watch, but the true fashionistas know that lesser known, downtown labels like The Blonds really know how to pack the punch. The Fall 08 show, held at the Prince George Ballroom, revealed a collection inspired by the movie Legend (Naturally, we included the famous unicorn apology scene below). The theme safely queued up The Blonds penchant for flamboyant, embellished, glamorous costumery and gave this season an extra push towards unicorns, rainbow colored gemstones, and big hair (nothin' wrong with that). The more traditional garments in the collection could easily be worn to an elegant black tie occasion, and the most wild in the collection, at the best clubs in New York City. If your a Blond girl, you'll have a little bit of both thankyouverymuch.

Phillipe and David Blond launched the label just four years ago. Each piece in their collection is handmade and one of a kind. As wild as some of their pieces are, we aren't surprised that the collection gets snatched up quickly. The thing about people who like to wear outrageous garments with extra special details is that they aren't exactly the type to, well, share. Funnily enough, Phillipe Blond started his design career working for Los Angeles based label DDC Lab, known for a utility-based aesthetic that doesn't exactly involve bedazzled corsets (though he was an illustrator, so perhaps that was the, ahem, draw) or club-ready clothing. David Blonde was a windows man for ten years in New York City. Now, the two are wholeheartedly The Blonds and bring that persona from Fashion Week, to the drafting table, to the dance floor, and back."
http://www.coutorture.com/1127391

FW08DLR_Blonds_315.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_284.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_274.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_264.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_252.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_239.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_189.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_171.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_154.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_118.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_072.xxxlarge.jpg

FW08DLR_Blonds_061.xxxlarge.jpg

[All from http://www.coutorture.com/1127391 ]

Fun collection!

Phillipe wears the same size CLs as me and always snakes my size from my local store before I can get them...:doh:

i don't think we've had a collection of theirs here before
so thanks prettypouf ^_^

i saw them on FashionTelevision once
i thought the other was a woman.. looks much more 'natural' the show that i watched him on

anyway interesting to hear about one of them working previously @ DDC Lab
--i saw a few clothes from that brand just now ..quite opposite from the collection posted here :P totally rugged

what can i say about this collection..
certainly feels like club wear
in the same vein of the Jeremy Scott

Wow, some of the most derivative stuff I've seen in a while. In the first post I counted Cavalli, Heatherette, Jeremy Scott, Gaultier, Westwood and Mugler (that spangled Lady Godiva catsuit is a dead ringer).

I stopped counting by the second round of pics.

Good label name though.

I love this collection, the white full length fox fur coat is wonderful :heart:- certainly eye catching ! Great design, derivative certainly but exciting nonetheless.

What is this? Britney Spears' next concert tour wardrobe?

Wow, some of the most derivative stuff I've seen in a while. In the first post I counted Cavalli, Heatherette, Jeremy Scott, Gaultier, Westwood and Mugler (that spangled Lady Godiva catsuit is a dead ringer).

Good label name though.

Oh my, yes! I noticed that on my first look-through and saw in the second post that there was definitely an Alexander McQueen styled headpiece. It was nostalgic. :innocent:

I love this collection and it's so strange as to why. I love collections like this because it reminds me of Heatherette (very much one of my favorite designers) because of the mix of colour and odd themes. It didn't have Amanda Lepore going down the runway (not a loss for me!) and that was, to me, the only thing missing to complete a Heatherette show.
I definitely love the ballerina-like picture, it was so totally gorgeous to me. :smile:

i saw them on FashionTelevision once

I remember that clip and my opinion remains the same: trashy club-clothes..by trashy club-queens..for trashy club-queens..:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Good label name though.

It's a bit like the shows are condensed into one :huh:

Awfully campy :shock:

But I have to admit that I love seeing crazy stuff like this even though aesthetically it's like chewing on tin foil. Thanks for posting the pics and giving us all something to talk about, PrettyPouf! :flower:

:smile: You're quite welcome, it's been my pleasure :D
Does anybody know if there are other shows by them? I would love to see more.

I'm with Spike-like the name.
The clothes not my kind of taste, at all...

i'm going with MACKIE (as in Bob) meets MUGLER (as in Thierry)...
:lol:..
ie- Cher meets Ivana Trump...:ninja:

but as i said in another thread...
since neither of those guys are really doing collections anymore...
someone may as well do this kind of thing..

i just don't know if anyone will actually wear it...
or even COULD wear it without looking really foolish...
:innocent:...

* i think that if ever there was an opportunity to trot some of this stuff out...
it would have been at the the Met's recent Costume Institue Gala for the Superheroes exhibit...
i would have liked to see that actually....

just for giggles...
:P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->