The Blush thread, all you need to know...

I really like the benefit benetint... it stains less than others but if you're looking for that sheer wash of color look, try a gel its a bit more fooproof. stila has one in what looks like a deodorant tube thats really easy to use and it lasts for a long time. also, because the sheer tints are on bare skin, you might want to exfoliate first (gently) to get an even tone.

the stains are all fairly blotchy and stain your fingers but any kind of cream or gel blush works well.

:clap: :clap: :clap: so happy for your respones as this is my first time on this site

i dont like benetint :unsure: the color came out really :sick: on me

you can also try Tarte Cheek Stain or Stila Color Push Ups (they're so tiny but so cute)

make sure your skin is well exfoliated and moisturized or as some have already said, the color can appear splotchy

If you have oil/acne prone skin, can you still wear cream or gel blush? I ask because powder brush never seems to last for me.

Gel would probably be fine, but not a cream for oily skin. I like the stains-Benetint and Glamazon. They only look good if you exfoliate and moisturize like PradaP suggested. You can't put them over powder or over oil controlling foundation or they will be blotchy. I use oil free foundation and put it on between foundation and powder.

Benetint is my favorite. However, Benetint's brush is just not practical, plus you MUST remember to rinse it off regularly, so you lose a bit of the product as well.

Try this - I bought a tiny dropper (got it at a pastry shop!). Put one or two drops of the tint into a bit of moisturizer in a small bowl (also got at a pastry shop!), mix with an orange stick or q-tip and apply with a sponge. I know, I know, lots of tools, huh? But trust me, it works really well for me. Plus, the liquid is better in my climate - the balms/sticks tend to melt in 120-degree heat!

the best blush i got it the rubie and millie face gloss they got on really sheer so its easy to build up the colour and blend so nicely i could not live without them now
ill never got back to powder

Originally posted by jennychoo@Jan 11th, 2004 - 6:37 pm
the best blush i got it the rubie and millie face gloss they got on really sheer so its easy to build up the colour and blend so nicely i could not live without them now
ill never got back to powder
hi jennychoo, where do you get rubie and millie face gloss :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Originally posted by jennychoo@Jan 13th, 2004 - 10:12 am
in the larger boots stores here in the uk
OH dear, i guess that leaves me out here in the usa :( :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by NANA+Jan 13th, 2004 - 11:19 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NANA @ Jan 13th, 2004 - 11:19 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-jennychoo@Jan 13th, 2004 - 10:12 am
OH dear, i guess that leaves me out here in the usa :( :cry: :cry: [/b][/quote]
I do think its available in America... but unfortunately I couldn't tell you where :ninja:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by NANA@Jan 13th, 2004 - 11:19 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-jennychoo
@Jan 13th, 2004 - 10:12 am

I do think its available in America... but unfortunately I couldn't tell you where :ninja:thaks i'll try to find it here [/b][/quote]
jennychoo thanks for the reply : :innocent:

Nope, I have never used any liquid stains on my cheeks or lips before, but I've heard good things about Benefit's Benetint. I wouldn't have any idea of how to apply though :wacko:

Originally posted by NANA+Jan 14th, 2004 - 1:54 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NANA @ Jan 14th, 2004 - 1:54 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:41 pm
Originally posted by NANA@Jan 13th, 2004 - 11:19 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-jennychoo
@Jan 13th, 2004 - 10:12 am

I do think its available in America... but unfortunately I couldn't tell you where :ninja:thaks i'll try to find it here
jennychoo thanks for the reply : :innocent: [/b][/quote]
no probs hun soz i wasnt much more help

i know rubie and millie have plans to take their range over tothe states dunno if its there yet
i think stila do somthing similar if thats any help

this is a little delayed, but Trish McEvoy's lip/cheek tint (I dont remember the name) works really well.

no reply is ever to late :lol: , much thanks to all of you for taking the time to mail me sugg. can what for the blush from England to come, please kept me posted :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Originally posted by italianice283@Jan 30th, 2004 - 2:03 am
this is a little delayed, but Trish McEvoy's lip/cheek tint (I dont remember the name) works really well.
sorry, i just looked at my reply to you and the rest of the wonderful friends for thier sugg. and my smily face to you look very sarcastit, please i did not mean it like that at all, thank you all for your sugg. because powder blush is not doing it, i now wear either liq. or gel stain for lasting color and powder on top the nars blush in sin that (i'm so embarrsed) i cannot remenber her name but it was one of the friends that has GREAT make-up types sugg. and it looks good :flower: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->