The Business of Magazines

I've been told by a reliable source that LOVE Magazine is ceasing and the last issue No. 8 will be the last one published.

I'm disappointed about LOVE, but this can only mean that Katie is moving somewhere else... :innocent:.

^ It must mean that, i did like a lot of their content, but its exciting to see where she might land.

I've been told by a reliable source that LOVE Magazine is ceasing and the last issue No. 8 will be the last one published.

Really??? :shock: Well that totally surprised me. Wasn't expecting such news.

^^Yeah, exactly, but if you remember there was a report just after LOVE was created that LOVE was just a short stop gap for Katie before she went onto Vogue, we all know at some point or another Katie will be an EIC at an edition of Vogue... now might be the time, but which edition ?

hautechild just mentioned to me what about her team at LOVE, if you guys remember when Katie left POP she took her entire team with her, she has just hired new editors (Lulu Kennedy & Alex Fury etc etc) but she could easily take them with her.... I think closing LOVE is a bit dramatic, perhaps they could enlist a new editor in chief, Fran Burns or Victoria Young perhaps ? they both have a fresh point of view on fashion, but that is just my opinion.

I'm disappointed about LOVE, but this can only mean that Katie is moving somewhere else... :innocent:.
Away from Conde Nast??? Or is she staying inside the company?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really caught by surprise by these news. It's either because of bad sales performance or because as people speculate Katie is going somewhere else. It's a pity, I found Love to be a magazine I relied on to provide plenty of editorial content that I love, something rare for me nowadays. Hopefully, Katie will replace Alexandra and rehaul that trainwreck Vogue UK.

OMG Love is my favourite maagzine :cry:
I cant believe it...its quite strange since they even have a new editor from ShowStudio.
I hope it stays on because its the only magazine I can count for heavy and true fashion with great execution.

^Hopefully, this is true and not just to dismiss the rumours until an official announcement is made.

wow, I really hope it's not true as I just renewed my subscription so I already paid for issue #9! and really, that would be a shame.

There Was a Rumor That Love Was Folding, But It’s Not, Says Katie Grand

Someone posted a rumor on the Fashion Spot this morning that nearly made us spit out our coffee in horror–that Love, the best magazine ever, was folding. “Pedro” wrote, without any further explanation:

I’ve been told by a reliable source that LOVE Magazine is ceasing and the last issue No. 8 will be the last one published.

“Why, Pedro?? Whyyy??” we thought. TFS commenters were equally devastated: “That’s a pity, because I really love this magazine…” “It’s a pity, I found Love to be a magazine I relied on to provide plenty of editorial content that I love, something rare for me nowadays.”

Thankfully, the rumor proved false (Don’t scare us like that, Pedro). Katie Grand gave us the following statement:

LOVE is not folding, we just published our most successful issue to date with 457 pages, 194 number of advertising pages, and up 10% from this time last year.

Everyone rejoice! Of course, you may not have even known that there was a rumor that Love was folding until right now, when we told you. But: the rumor wasn’t entirely unbelievable. No one was really quick to dismiss it as false.

One reason why people may have found credence in the rumor is that, as we all know, print publishing is not in its heyday and poor sales were a possibility (luckily, that’s not the reality). Another reason is that editors come and go and perhaps Grand had been hired elsewhere. She did recently hire two new top-level editors. As one TFS commenter points out, there have been rumors that Grand was being groomed by Conde Nast to take Alexandra Schulman’s position as EIC at Vogue UK, which she’s denied in the past.

Luckily, we still have plenty of ethereal Mert & Marcus-lensed covers, disturbing photos of Kristen Mcmenamy, videos of dancing Victoria’s Secret models and more fashion brilliance than we can even fathom, to look forward to.
fashionista.com

Great news !!! Even though I wouldn't mind Katie replacing Alexandra Shulman at UK Vogue one day. I just want her to take Andreas with her wherever she goes :shifty: :innocent:

The news regarding LOVE Magazine that I submitted here yesterday need clarification:

LOVE's distributor COMAG (which is partially owned by CONDÉ NAST PUBLICATIONS), informed their customers about LOVE ceasing. Therefore all their orders have been zeroed after issue Nº 8.

May possibly be a mistake, but so far COMAG did not issue any statement to the contrary.

LOVE's official subscription page, under CONDÉ NAST PUBLICATIONS's MAGAZINEBOUTIQUE.co.uk, is still available, but coincidently or maybe not, no longer can be ordered a subscription because the drop-down box which should contain a start issue date is empty, therefore you can't proceed, unlike all the other CONDÉ NAST titles available.

I truly respect Ms. Katie Grand's comments and arguments but something strange is happening.

UPDATE:

COMAG have confirmed LOVE MAGAZINE IS NOT CEASING PUBLICATION.

Vogue China is now on zinio!

Since yesterday Vogue China is available via zinio! :buzz: I think this great news, cause it's hard to get it in time, anywhere else in the world

FROM THE EVENING STANDARD
16 August 2012

All change at Harper’s Bazaar? Lucy Yeomans, its award-winning editor for 12 years, upped sticks this March to join Net-a-Porter, the online clothing site. The Londoner hears her replacement is to be Justine Picardie, author and former features editor of Vogue.

Picardie firmly stamped her style credentials on the industry with her recent biography of Coco Chanel. She also currently writes The Closet Thinker column for the Telegraph’s Stella magazine. Keeping the throne warm meanwhile is acting editor Jenny Dickinson. However, there is a twist to this tale. When Yeomans moved to Net-a-Porter, she was following in the footsteps of Esquire editor Jeremy Langmead, who left in 2010 to join its male partner, Mr Porter.

Esquire and Harper’s Bazaar are owned by the Hearst Corporation, which must by now be worried about losing top staff to the retail industry. Tess Macleod Smith, publishing director of Esquire and Harper’s Bazaar, left last September to take the equivalent role at Net-a-Porter.

Picardie was unavailable for comment. Hearst is being cagey about the role. “We haven’t made an appointment or an announcement yet,” says a spokesman for the magazine group. When will you be making an appointment, the Londoner enquired. “I don’t know.” Quick, quick, before Picardie is snapped up by a retailer too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->