The Carrie Diaries

I'm not keen on 80's look and didn't expect much from the show but the actress is charming, not sure how long I'll keep watching but hopefully I'll be surprised after a couple of episodes.

I really liked it as well. I don't know what Sex and the City was like since it was before I turned into a couch potato but I thought the pilot was well done. I really liked the lead actress too.

^Ah, your stamp of approval is good news :D. I was sort of charmed by the trailer even though, I didn't think the premise was particular exciting. Will give it a try and if nothing else, hope the fashion will hold up

I just finished watching the first episode too and I didn't mind it, I think it will get better as it goes on since they're establishing characters and storylines etc... it is definitely growing on me and i'll certainly be watching the next episode.

^Ah, your stamp of approval is good news :D. I was sort of charmed by the trailer even though, I didn't think the premise was particular exciting. Will give it a try and if nothing else, hope the fashion will hold up

I do think if they did it right it has great potential. But I'm not holding my breath since it is the CW.

The pilot made me laugh and it made me sad and I realise now that I didn't reach for my phone once during the episode which is a good thing since I get bored very easily but there were some cheesy moments.

I was reading a review and it explains the show perfectly.
But Carrie Diaries isn’t out to shock like SATC did sometimes -- it’s a coming of age story. I actually found it kinda refreshing that the show feels a little innocent and retro. It feels like something John Hughes would produce for television…just maybe with more sequins.
from entertainment weekly

I do think if they did it right it has great potential. But I'm not holding my breath since it is the CW.

The pilot made me laugh and it made me sad and I realise now that I didn't reach for my phone once during the episode which is a good thing since I get bored very easily but there were some cheesy moments.

I was reading a review and it explains the show perfectly.

from entertainment weekly

That quote sums it up perfectly.
Imo, I thought it was good. It was a little meh at times, but I couldn't help but love it when it came to her being in New York and partying with the Interview crowd. Plus, major kudus to the abundance of 80s music, especially the New Order ones. Next episode looks good with the photo shoot :P

THIS. With any luck, it will have exactly 1.5 good seasons before going downhill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it and liked it. However, it's very similar to Jane by Design which was cancelled by ABC Family not long ago. The premiere also didn't get good ratings so I don't think this will last either.

The premiere also didn't get good ratings so I don't think this will last either.

Really? Saw this on TVLine
The series debut of The Carrie Diaries drew 1.6 million total viewers at 8 pm — up 60 percent from the most recent 90210 and marking The CW’s largest audience in the time slot since May 2011 — while scoring a 0.6 demo rating (up a tenth vs. 90210). The freshman drama tacked on 930K/0.4 with its 9 o’clock encore. The CW also notes that Carrie drew more viewers than any episode of Gossip Girl in almost two years (since Feb. 7, 2011).

I kind of liked the pilot, but I'm waiting for something more. But I need to ask, am I the only one who was reminded of young Lindsey Lohan watching Anna Sophia Robb? I mean, her face expressions and even her voice! I was shocked

Oh and I really enjoyed the 80s fashion and music. And the guy, I don't know his name but I know he's Vanessa Hudgens' boyfriend, he is really cute but his clothes are not from the 80s at all, he looks like he's coming straight out from a Hudgens' candid shot haha

Austin Butler I believe his name is, and I agree his clothes are not very 80s. I'm not sure if it was asked but will we see Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte in this show or just Carrie and her Conn. Friends? I thought the pilot was cute.

At first I thought it was a complete joke, I didn't understand the concept, the 80's references and I thought it was about to ruin SATC for me. But once I got about 30 minutes into it, I started to enjoy the evolving story lines. Now that Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl are over, I'll start to watch a few more episodes, because I do get hooked on these types of things.

The second episode wasn't as good as the first, it was tad bit boring. Hopefully it will pick up.

I watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the show. I think AnnaSophia is doing a fantastic job as the lead, very cute and convincing. The supporting roles are also good ( except the little sister character who's a bit cliché). I think the writing is also pretty god, I though the plot was a bit far fetched and there's nothing to relate to SATC but I actually they somehow managed to keep the spirit of the show. Of course it's not as good and a lot of what made SATC so magical has disappeared but behind all the gimmicks of teen shows, there's actually something very interesting here. Can't wait to see how it evolves but I'll keep watching it for sure.

I think I'm hooked ha !

What's going on with Sebastian's clothes. They're not 80's at all.

What's going on with Sebastian's clothes. They're not 80's at all.

I know right?! I watched the second episode and he's still dressed like he is in real life (I went to his tfs thread and I even think his leather jacket really is his own).

Anyways, the second episode was not as refreshing as the first one, and kind of boring imo, but since GG, Desperate Housewives and House are over, I need new TV shows to watch so I guess I'll wait and see

Episode 3 is called “Read Before Use” and here’s how they describe it:

PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS — After Tom (Matt Letscher) forbids Carrie (AnnaSophia Robb) to see Sebastian (Austin Butler) again, Carrie snoops through Tom’s work files and uncovers some alarming information about Sebastian’s past. Carrie decides to confront Sebastian about what she’s discovered and is shocked by his reaction. Maggie (Katie Findlay) deals with her breakup with Walt (Brenden Dooling) in the only way she knows how and finds some solace from Dorrit (Stefania Owen.) Meanwhile, Larissa (Freema Agyman) takes Carrie, Mouse (Ellen Wong) and Seth (special guest Kyle Harris) to an outrageous performance art club in New York City, which leaves them all feeling self-conscious.

ksitetv

The show is cute. I like Carrie and her friends. Her sister and her Interview friend are annoying but the 80s soundtrack is great. Episode 3 has elements of the original SATC. I hope it gets a full season pickup.

I really wanna keep watching because Im a big SATC fan, but I just cant get into it.
I love the 80s and the music and the girl playing Carrie is a cutie so I guess Ill wait and watch a few more episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->