The Carrie Diaries

I have read the book so the story line isn't new to me, but I still think it is really dull regardless. I want to like it, but I think it would have been more interesting to make the show about when she first moved to NY and was trying to establish herself, rather than basing it on the Carrie Diaries book.

I didn't think I would but I quite enjoyed it ! Once you understand that it's a totally different show from SATC and your expectations aren't too high, it's OK, although laden with clichés.

But the clothes, ughhh, whoever did the styling could have put more effort into it seriously. Most of the clothes come from UO, Topshop, Marc Jacobs,etc...they're modern and you can tell. I wish they'd gotten more real 80s clothes. The plot itself isn't so fantastic that you can neglect the fashion, like Gossip Girl it's part of the appeal ! At least the music is nice.

It's a bit too juvenile to keep my interest. I watched the first 2 episodes, which was some innocent time-passing fun, but couldn't really be bothered to watch the 3rd.

I wish it were about Carrie in her 20s.

I loved the 4th episode, it's the best so far IMO. Now I can't wait to see the rest. I think they're slowly finding a pace and a direction for the show which I find more believable and enjoyable than other already established teen shows. The weakest link for me is Austin Butler who couldn't be more obnoxious. The rest of the cast is doing an amazing job and like I already said AnnaSophia is a fantastic lead. I'm just praying that Eric Daman doesn't ruin the styling as the season goes by 'cause it's pretty good. Once thing sure , the music is just PERFECT. They really got me when they played Yazoo in the last episode.

The ratings are apparently growing, I hope it means we'll get a full season :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually a pretty decent show, especially from CW, and i like how they deal with some issues, it isnt glossed over, but actually well presented. But one question, and sorry if its obvious, or stupid, but does the Carrie actress ( not that familiar with her in real life) wear a wig? Because its sooo distracting in some shots, the hair line is in a different place every episode.

I haven't watched since the 2nd episode I think or the 3rd. Don't even remember now but has it picked up? The last episode I watched it was tad bit boring.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
The CW Renews ‘The Carrie Diaries’ For A Second Season

‘The Carrie Diaries’ has been greenlit for a second season, according to a new report by HollywoodLife.com sister site Deadline! Keep reading for all the details!
The Sex and the City prequel, The Carrie Diaries, will return to The CW for the 2013-2014 season, giving us another reason to keep the Manolos and martinis close at hand.

The network is not confirming the size of the pickup, but The Carrie Diaries is expected to get another 13-episode order, which will premiere midseason, according to HollywoodLife.com sister site Deadline.

Exact episode counts for TCD will be announced next week at the CW’s fall “upfront” presentation in New York.

The Carrie Diaries joins the already renewed Nikita, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Hart Of Dixie and Beauty And The Beast.

Executive producer Amy B. Harris sat down for an interview after the season finale and revealed her plans for season two: Carrie (AnnaSophia Robb) and Sebastian (Austin Butler) will get back together, we’ll meet more characters from SatC and Walt (Brendan Dooling) and Bennett will get hot and heavy post-summer!
[hollywood life]

i thought it would be the usual annoying teenage CW show but its actually quite interesting, i like the darker element of her NY episodes and that its not just all pretty and nice

I started watching it a few months ago and I really enjoy the show.

ohh, Carrie belongs to Sebastian ;( they were so lovely together!

Such a shame that they decided to cancel the show. I love both seasons of TCD, and I would have loved to see more of it, specially to meet young Charlotte and young Miranda. At least the second season had a good ending, not very open, like the first one. But I'm gonna miss it.

I'm also sorry the cancelled the show:(
I really like it. and now I'm watching the last ep- on my bday :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->