The Clinique Skincare Thread

acester said:
you don't use moiturisers:blink::shock:
Not really, but I use a very good aftershave/soother which lasts all day.
I might try the maximum hydrator one of these days.

wenthybu said:
i just started using the Mild Clarifying Lotion... on toner. ?? and i love it!!!!
They're called scruffing lotions (for men), my favourite product.

i love the pore perfecting range by clinique, its magic

Acid said:
i love the pore perfecting range by clinique, its magic
Yes it is.
I particularly like the pore minimizer refining lotion.

I use their shade 02 makeup, the only one I can use, I get all bloated up and get dry and itchy if I use other products on my face, I have very sensetive skin and Clinique is the only makeup I can use if I want it to stay on my face for a whole day. So I recomend their makeup for sensetive skin. :smile:

snickerdoodles said:
I like Dramatically Different moisturizer and their Deep Comfort Body Butter.
I don't use Clinique body products. I don't know why. Should give them a try.

Yea the pore minimizer perfector is awesome!

Also Gentle lights loose powder is great too. I cant do pressed powder, always ends up cakey and i dont wear fondation because i despise the way most fondations feel and look. So i dab on conceler and sweep Gentle lights loose powder over my face in the morning and it makes my skin look nice, healthy, flawless and most importantly NOT CAKEY.

Also, the new shimmer eyeliners are AWESOME. Go on great, dont smudge, long wearing and easy to work with.

And city block is always great, everyone can use some sunscreen with a tint of color.

Has anyone tried the "Superdefense Triple Action Moisturizer SPF 25" yet?

Clinique 3 step skin care system - Any users?

I'm 16, asian and have horrendous spotty skin. Not great, esp. when you have easily scar-able skin :lol: So half of my face is covered in zits and the other half in blemishes :yuk: I've practically scoured the land trying to find a face wash/skin care system that will actually work and get rid of my unsightly spots. I've just recently read in Vogue China an advertisement for the Clinique 3 step skin care system and their persuasive skills has lured me into wanting to by it very much. But since it's so bloody expensive, I'd like to get some oppinions from people who have tried this out. How was it for you? Was it effective? Did you notice dramatic differences? Did you get your money's worth?:lol:

You have my sympathy--make that empathy :flower: My impression of the Clinique system is that it's been around for many years and is pretty old-fashioned. I take it that's not what their marketing dept told you? :lol: What you probably really need is to get yourself to a dermatologist and get some prescriptions. I have a few years on you and *still* have problems with my skin. I use a topical and often oral antibiotic as well. *That* really works. I use MAC's green cleanser for oily skin, it works pretty well.

haha, well the advertisement described how they update the 3 step system often and now there's a special shiny new 3 step skin care range especially made for asian skin just like yours and it will do magic, or some tempting words like that. They finished it off with Yes! Great skin can be created with a referral to a 1969 vogue issue :shock: The advert probably got exaggerated in translation :lol: But the problem with my skin that if I use a product too weak, it does not completely get rid of the oil and spot problems continue whereas at the other extreme, if something's especially designed for oily skin, it'll probably be too strong and my whole face starts peeling :yuk: Sorry about the extra details. So now my problem's failing to find a product in between, like designed for oily sensitive skin:lol: and sorry about this essay being longer than war and peace

Hye Park Lover said:
I've just recently read in Vogue China an advertisement for the Clinique 3 step skin care system and their persuasive skills has lured me into wanting to by it very much. Was it effective? Did you notice dramatic differences? Did you get your money's worth?:lol:

Please, nobody get the 3-step-system. Very few people I know were satisfied with it.

I have acne-prone skin and it completely wrecked it further, it took weeks for my derm. to get it looking half normal again.

twilight fairy said:
Please, nobody get the 3-step-system. Very few people I know were satisfied with it.

I have acne-prone skin and it completely wrecked it further, it took weeks for my derm. to get it looking half normal again.

Am I one of the last of a specie of people who do not have a dermatologist living in the spare room of their house? :shock:

Ok i have used a bunch of Clinique products and still do today. I have been using 3 step system for a while now, its pretty good as far as im concerned as long as you dont overuse the products or more importantly listen to your skin. I find that my skin is sensetive at times, so i dont use the 3 step system more than once a day. I think the mousturiser is brilliant for putting on the foundation (clinique once again and best i have had). Another great product is the "anti blemish solutions gel", it really helps with those annoying blemishes that pop up at the worst times! I once tried the Superdefense Triple Action Moisturizer SPF 25, its a bit too dense for my skin in its texture, and really not good for make up. There you go, hope that helps

I just bought Clinique Stay True foundation, and did a little search on tFS to read other people's opinions on that product. I've found several posts (on this thread and others) saying Clinique stuff is harsh on the skin... Does that include the make-up, or is it only the skincare (3-step system etc.)?
For now, I'm quite happy with the foundation (lovely color, easy to blend), but I don't want to use it if it dries out the skin on the long run...
Thanks in advance :flower:

i bought cliniques dramatically cream... its pretty damn good. :smile:thanks for everyone who recommanded it.

hey can the Clinique Clarifying Lotions be used as a beadless exfoliant? or is it just a toner? oh and anyone have any idea how much the pore minimiser thing costs in Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->