The Comeback Queens

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by Echoes, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Echoes

Echoes Confused & Bewildered

It seems somone is finally paying attention to what a true model is (or was). With some exceptions, the huge names are returning to current TV commercials instead of the new no-name faces. Other ads for the same companies are using celebrity-actress models like Jennifer Garner, but the trend seems to be towards the oldies but goodies.

Recently I've seen new work from Linda Evangelista, Brooke Shields and just the other day Elle McPherson in a Revlon ad. Stephanie Seymour has been doing infomercials for a while now and I've seen a few others I can't think of at the moment.

Are the companies seeking them out? Or are the models responsible for their own resurgance?

Which others have you seen?

2. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

Ana Claudia Michels

3. FRANCY ITALY

FRANCY ITALY Active Member

I immediately think of Isabeli Fontana. she did 2 comebacks for her 2 sons.. she said that it was not so easy but she started better than before

4. TommyGirl

TommyGirl Active Member

I think I´ve seen Claudia working again. IMO it`s great they use a little older models again, I guess people are tired of seeing only plain 18 y.o in ads, so industry is just responsing to that. These things come in periods. That`s my theory.

#4 TommyGirl, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Mantissa: Jan 18, 2009
  5. haksare

haksare New Member

Naomi Campbell did a small comeback last season walking for Issa, Dolce&Gabbana (men's) and Hermes s/s 2009 and appearing in the Dsquared s/s 2009 ad campaign alongside Linda Evangelista.

6. nijuyanah

nijuyanah Active Member

Iris Strubegger! Defenitely ^_^

7. Dadum_

Dadum_ Active Member

Anna Maria Jagodzinska made a huge comback last year, bigger than she was a couple of years before. (by Meisel)

Maria Carla Boscono was out of the pictures for a couple of seasons but is back again.

Raquel Zimmermann seemed to fade away from HF, just when everyone thought she'd be gone she got hyped bigtime and got a huge amount of campaigns.

Flavia Oliveira was like six years ago allover the runways, was gone for like 5 seasons and came back again.

Anna Vyalitsyna made her breakthroug in 2002 and after some seasons in HF she made a switch to the commercial stuff. Last season there she was... back!

8. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

Stella Tennant has been doing a lot in the recent past ... for Marc Jacobs & Burberry I believe ... she has said that age doesn't matter when any signs of it can just be airbrushed away.

9. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

Except for Ana Claudia Michels, I don't think any of the girls in the first post....they are supers and have always been around and probably will be untill they die of old age. If we are talking comeback queens, we are talking Anna Jagodzinska and Anne Vyalitsyna for sure. They went away and came back....better than ever, if I may add...

10. The.Rock.Inc.

The.Rock.Inc. New Member

Iselin Steiro!

11. wednesdays child

wednesdays child New Member

12. EvanJ2010

EvanJ2010 New Member

Britney Spears.. oops are we talking about models only? lol

13. FRANCY ITALY

FRANCY ITALY Active Member

aahahahahahah

14. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

Its Ana Claudia Michels bitch... gimme gimme more gimme more.. lol

15. m.j.

m.j. New Member

well, most of the supermodels are back (naomi never left), so agents, designers, etc should really start looking for different type of girls than the ones who worked the most in past few years.