The Convenience Store - London

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by Scott, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

they finally got their web page up and they're having a huge sale!! too bad they don't carry men's :(

http://theconveniencestorefashion.co.uk/

A.F. Vandevorst-
    [​IMG]

Ann-Sofie Back
    [​IMG]

Boudicca-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gareth Pugh-
    [​IMG]

Rick Owens-
    [​IMG]

i've always heard about their reputation but my what a haven of goodies they got:heart::heart:

2. Scott

and this branquinho sunset print dress that i adored!!

[​IMG]

its sad she's no longer in business....she made so much immaculate stuff.

3. Katie123

Katie123 New Member

i've never heard of this shop thank you:woot:

4. Scott

and check this out-they even carry archive pieces...this is a jurgi persoons stitched top paired with gareth pugh(very interesting....kind of has an old-world medieval feel paired with a futuristic medieval approach)

[​IMG]

5. Scott

anne-valerie hash knitted dress from what i believe is from 2003.

[​IMG]

6. Jungla_Juana

Jungla_Juana technicolor tweed

An online shop that stocks Boudicca and old Persoons pieces is the death of me :ninja:

7. TamuMagoo

TamuMagoo New Member

Not to mention that the "shopkeeper" Andrew Ibi is an absolute pleasure and will not hesitate to encourage you to play dress-up (even if you're broke)!

8. empaulio

empaulio New Member

Agreed, Had contact via e-mail and he is a pleasure to do business with

9. Scott

haha...we live in a similar world darling:D^_^

10. hazelwoodtower

hazelwoodtower New Member

Don't worry we're working on the mens!

This bloody recession is spoiling all of our fun now! Thank you for all of your positive comments. We're doing our very best to move fashion forward. If you're ever near 'The Tower' feel free to pop in and say hi!

We may gone online this season, what do you think?

11. Aby

Aby Active Member

What an amazing selection!

12. Scott

andrew,firstly,ty for posting!! really happy to hear that. and the online shop would be a fantastic idea! in fact,for those of us who don't reside in the UK it would actually be a welcomed pleasure because i don't see many of the talents you guys carry online except perhaps in japan. please be aware too,archive selections will have our eyes gleaming and most likely a nice credit card work-out ;) i've only seen one online shop that ever offered archival stuff....apartment in berlin.

13. hazelwoodtower

Online Shopping!

That's just what we needed to hear. When I set the store up I wanted to encourage the experience of shopping - and so the destination. Now I feel the lack of etail only alienates a customer base abroad and at home. So the good news is, we are building a website for sales launching on the 1st November. It will contain Current, Archive, Collectibles and Artefact.

We are currently working on an installation for the on/off exhibition (LFW) to explore the idea of fashion and sell by dates, we are trying to measure the value of an item if it remains unsold but has future fashion context. Let's imagine a Rick Owens Architectual Leather from AW08 runway, made in limited numbers and iconic or a Pugh armour dress. Fashion and economics are currently dictating a desperate dip in price, I'm arguing it's value may actually increase with time if preserved in mint condition. The value being it's complete unavailability. What do you think?

14. tweeds

tweeds New Member

andrew is a great guy, and the store's location near trellick tower is EPIC.

archival stores: 127 Brick Lane is already doing a nice business with their stock of old margiela and helmut lang (guilty as charged), but i can't see the prices going up and over their retail, or even holding steady over the years. perhaps if it was really a landmark piece and produced in tiny numbers by somebody like rick owens, it could work.

15. Scott

for me,i think it really depends on the work and one's personal taste. because what some may not deem special years from when the work is created could be completely different for the other. something that's truly special....maybe something with a more artisanal,made-to-order approach i would say could increase in value. and as you said something really outstanding...like one of a.f. vandevorst's cocoon cape-coats or margiela's wide-shouldered smoking jackets....and even something like jurgi persoons who made very wearable things but had such an unusual style with his 'nervous' top-stitching and handmade detailing. remember those coats he did in '99 with the shredded frills?

16. luluposh

luluposh New Member

17. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

oh no! what happened?

18. Scott

seems to me they're trying to go an independent way of acquiring a new investor so they can expand. i know andrew was saying in his earlier post,his desire to get an e-shop access available. and perhaps new stock so they can continue in that same directional concept/approach they've been going.

#18 Scott, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by moderator cin: Oct 30, 2009
  19. hazelwoodtower

Just pushing the boundaries of E marketing and Ebay. Just a little fun.

20. hazelwoodtower

The Convenience Store Online - Finally.

We've finally launched an e-site and selling the remainder of season 1 and 2 off at 50%. Selective and mostly in retrospect. We've just taken a season out of buying (SS10 was inadequate for us) and taken a slight a change of direction for AW10/11. We return with, an even more distilled/selective, stella line-up of art-based, left fielders without the global profiles. Outside of Fashion, I like to call it. I describe the product as a contemporary UNIFORM, a fully interchangeable wardrobe.