The Crumpled Zone S/S 09

MulletProof

Reaction score
A potentially difficult summer on the way seem to have brought a few DIY ideas to designers and one of the best for me was the amount of wrinkled pieces showing up abundantly in catwalks, especially in Milan, where Miuccia insisted on crumpled everything from start to finish for her Prada collection. But, don't let such an accessible technique fool you, these are not accidental wrinkles in your typical rockstar/dirty ways, the way Costa worked them at Calvin Klein set the standard of what we'd be seeing later in Paris and Milan, as he seemed to have carefully folded every garment in precise, geometrical pieces, giving them a rather artisanal touch that make the task a little harder than just having to lay on the couch the entire afternoon. :P

Vivienne Westwood S/S 09

crumpled30.jpg

[catwalking]

Blumarine S/S 09

crumpled17.jpg

Bottega Veneta S/S 09

crumpled25.jpg
crumpled26.jpg

crumpled27.jpg
crumpled28.jpg

[catwalking]

Not liking the trend. Calvin Klein falls more into an origami/folded details trend.

On another one I had jeans that had the crumpled look, mummy ironed it to perfection and it took her sometime to get the crumple out. :woot::unsure:

YES, def. hard to pull off, you can come across looking like a slob without an iron with 1 wrong styling move

It has the potential to look really romantic though

good thread, mulletproof :flower:

this trend slightly reminds me of the clothes I bought from the flea market.. hihi.. :D

These examples are very beautiful, especially the Prada, but I hate to think of how such a trend would translate into a mass produced item of clothing.

Great thread Mullet..
I don't think this is a bad trend, it's just a trend that's easy to do wrong

I really like it when the pieces are still somewhat tailored and hade a definite shape, like at Burberry and marc by Marc Jacobs

not a big fan of the westwood or prada

It will not work on real life it does not even work in the catwalk. It's kind of stupid really.

This all feels very "summer", crisp lightweight fabrics that wind up creased at some point. Very relaxed and unfussy.

I actually do think this can work very well, as long as the piece itself is quite tailored and clean, like the metallic Burberry dress or the parchment colored Prada halter. The key to making this work is that it looks intentional, and I think that the more crumpled the fabric is the better. If it's just a little bit, like on that blue Burberry coat, then it winds up just looking like awrinkled garment.

I enjoy it on the catwalk, and I agree that it should look intentional--which might still be very difficult to pull off in real life. I don't believe I can pull it off. lol. Free People sent me a twisted dress, and came up very wrinkled. I don't think I was allowed to iron it. I think the crumpled look was suggested, but it wasn't going to work. No one where I live would ever get it.

These examples are very beautiful, especially the Prada, but I hate to think of how such a trend would translate into a mass produced item of clothing.

:o Guys this is actually already out in the stores
I saw this last summer/spring
At Reitman's, of all places --and other shops
They were not all terrible actually..

Must agree with Spike
A lot of the garments I saw were like blazers with skirts or other formal looking clothes, The creases definitely look intentional. In fact there was a really nice sort of riding jacket in a deep military green, and the creases were more like heavy uneven pleats, so many of them.. Very very nice:heart:

Txell Miras
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

screencapped by luckyme
from flipzone.com

the fabrics felt light, relaxed and a little rough @ Yohji Yamamoto
52752315xt3.jpg

28611346mq0.jpg

catwalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics