The 'Porter by Net-A-Porter' Thead

Omg, perfection!! In a perfect world we should've had this shoot instead of Lupita by Sorrenti for Porter. I'd like to have seen a cover of Grace in that portrait shot. The red dress looks like Christmas crinkle paper against her skin.
Grace is such a versatile yet underrated model. She can do glamour, edgy, luxe all in one shoot, as evidenced here.

With the rapid switchover to the new diverse regime in fashion, we've seen (and continue to see) a lot of photographers and stylists merely replacing white girls with black ones. There does not seem to be a genuine understanding or appreciation for darker tones. And that's why most of it isn't to my taste. This photographer and stylist however did a splendid job. I can't imagine the potency of colours wouldve been as impacting with a white model as it is here. Bravo.

October 26, 2018

The Change Agent
Model Iman
Photographer Hanna Tveite
Styling Tracy Taylor

net-a-porter

The hairdo and styling doesn't suit her, it's too basic/simple. Would have loved to see something glamorous.

Wiith Iman it should be figure hugging looks and simple hairstyles which amplify her bone structure. This cheap wig and coat styling does nothing for her. A miss for The Edit, but even with a month of misses they're still better than most mags.

I hope whoever runs Porter Edit gets Vogue after Anna, they really know how to style and photograph celebrities and this kind of editorial would fit perfectly in a new, better era of American Vogue.

November 16, 2018

Screen Queens
Model Ellen Pompeo, Emma Roberts, Gina Rodriguez & Gabrielle Union
Photographer Matthew Sprout
Styling Alison Edmond

net-a-porter

November 23, 2018

Disco For Days
Model Birgit Kos
Photographer Hyea W. Kang
Styling Morgan Pilcher

net-a-porter

November 30, 2018

High Tide
Model Amber Heard
Photographer Olivia Malone
Styling Tracy Taylor

net-a-porter

Amber Heard, seriously? Also, all of their edits are starting to look the same. bored.

December 7, 2018

The Illusionist
Model Felicity Jones
Photographer Matthew Sprout
Styling Tracy Taylor

net-a-porter

December 14, 2018

A Star Is Born
Model Awkwafina
Photographer Carlota Guerrero
Styling Tracy Taylor

net-a-porter

I wholeheartedly agree with the comments above that The Edit does what Vogue US cannot - keep editorials looking interesting, and make celebrities look good and like themselves.

Julia looks amazing, she's looked more or less the same for the last 15 years!
She just doesn't age.
And I love Benny's photography, there's something fresh about it!

Stegner keeps that editorial from being a snooze, still largely one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->