The Estée Lauder Cosmetics Campaign Thread 2018

New Advanced Night Repair Eye

US Elle August 2018 Digital Edition

Can anyone ID what brand that dress is? It’s exquisite

Grace is so perfect for this brand! Cute campaign.

Time for Anok's OG campaigns! Or at the very least merged with the other girls.

What about Joan, Liya....

Joan is Latina. She is an extremely mixed Latina.

Liya is a true African as she is from Ethiopia but let’s be real here: she is a white girl dipped in chocolate. She has the features of a Caucasian girl that’s why she is widely embraced by the industry.

I think Anok’s casting is really a true step in diversity when it comes to embracing black beauty.

081018_Beautiful_Belle_Global_pc_hp_text.jpg

esteelauder

Futurist Aqua Brilliance:

esteelauder.kr

Nutritious Super-Pomegranate:

esteelauder.au

Liya is a true African as she is from Ethiopia but let’s be real here: she is a white girl dipped in chocolate. She has the features of a Caucasian girl that’s why she is widely embraced by the industry.

I think Anok’s casting is really a true step in diversity when it comes to embracing black beauty.

Anok’s casting is indeed a big step in diversity when it comes to embracing black beauty.

Dismissing the colour of Joan’s skin because she is “an extremely mixed Latina” or saying Liya is “a white girl dipped in chocolate” is the exact opposite of a big step in diversity when it comes to embracing black beauty.

Don't do all that girl. We can appreciate them finally realizing the beauty of dark skin Black women without undermining Joan's and Liya's blackness.

And if we're going by your metric of what makes a "true" African or Black person...let's not pretend that Anok doesn't have features that are more in line with Western standards of beauty.

...let's not pretend that Anok doesn't have features that are more in line with Western standards of beauty.

I couldn't put my finger on Anok's look at first and struggled to describe it, but you may just have hit the nail on the head here! Absolutely nothing wrong with her features or 'looking like a white girl dipped in chocolate' (what an odd phrase!.)

In a few short months, Grace Elizabeth has become a credit to Estée Lauder (just as I thought she would). The whole campaign for the Beautiful Belle fragrance is simply divine, perfect for the brand and both the print and video commercial are wonderful and sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->