The Etc Etc Of Music

Nemova

-
Reaction score
Following Purple's brilliant idea, I present "The Etc Etc of Music".

Everything that comes to mind music-wise belongs here. :D

I'm liking the thread.
Someone start a discussion, go on.

it's better to see the scissor sisters in a small venue,,,
and if you're not prepared to dance...do us all a favour and stay home,,, :innocent:

i thought they were meant to be in ny in dec?...no?...

Playing Devil: I don't like the Scissor Sisters :ninja:

To my defense, I don't like anything from after the 80's. Maybe the Cardigans, Blur, Beck, and that's pretty much it. Everything sounds like it has been done before imho - i.e. those "vintage" bands like Strokes, Libertines, etc.

clash 25yr anniversary cd of london calling is in shops now...

^and I'll have to wait 'til it arrives in the brazilian stores :(

the new duran duran album is supposed to be pretty good...i only heard the first single...but simon's voice still sounds strong...

^ I watched the video and... well, the song is not that bad, but it made me think they should call it quits. They finally became a copycat of themselves, and much to my sadness I didn't see it coming. And the song is too long!!

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 19 2004, 03:05 PM
^ I watched the video and... well, the song is not that bad, but it made me think they should call it quits. They finally became a copycat of themselves, and much to my sadness I didn't see it coming. And the song is too long!!
[snapback]401953[/snapback]​

Awww, QUITS? That's quite a bit harsh. :(

You may think that from Vertigo... but wait until they churn out some other singles...City of Blinding Lights is next. If you like the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, or Where the Streets Have No Name style... this song is for you. :wink:

And by the way, the new U2 album is due out November 22 or 23rd, I believe. I'll be at the midnight sale. :smile:

Originally posted by Erin@Oct 19 2004, 05:50 PM
Awww, QUITS? That's quite a bit harsh. :(

You may think that from Vertigo... but wait until they churn out some other singles...City of Blinding Lights is next. If you like the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, or Where the Streets Have No Name style... this song is for you. :wink:

I've been a fan since I was a kid - and that's a looong time :lol: - and I always believed they would never become repetitive, boring.... old. I hated the last album, only New York and Beautiful Day are worth the price I paid. I'm not sure the new one will change my opinion, but it's what they say, never say never. :flower:

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 19 2004, 02:59 PM
To my defense, I don't like anything from after the 80's. Maybe the Cardigans, Blur, Beck, and that's pretty much it.
I've been listening to the Cardigans today... do you have their newest one? :flower:

i liked the last U2 album...my ex and i listened to it a lot after 9/11 ...and it really seemed to fit the mood at the time...

Walk on, walk on
What you got they can't steal it
No they can't even feel it
Walk on, walk on...
Stay safe tonight

And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
And you can only take so much
Walk on, walk on

A singing bird in an open cage
Who will only fly, only fly for freedom

:heart: -_-