The Etc Etc Of Music

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 19 2004, 08:54 PM
I've been listening to the Cardigans today... do you have their newest one? :flower:
[snapback]402262[/snapback]​

what's it called?...maybe i should buy it while i'm in london?... :unsure:
what else should i buy while i'm here that may not be available in the US?... :huh: :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 20 2004, 06:17 AM
what else should i buy while i'm here that may not be available in the US?... :huh: :flower:
[snapback]402478[/snapback]​
Long Gone Before Daylight, but I imagine it's also available in the US.
http://cardigans.com/microsites/long.gone.before.daylight/

Right I've gone back onto their site and've been watching videos... B)

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 19 2004, 10:54 PM
I've been listening to the Cardigans today... do you have their newest one? :flower:
[snapback]402262[/snapback]​

No, I don't. :cry: I've stopped buying new albums a long time ago, they are so expensive. I only buy old stuff by small record companies 'cause it's cheaper. :D

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 20 2004, 11:05 PM
I only buy old stuff by small record companies 'cause it's cheaper. :D
[snapback]402924[/snapback]​
:ninja: True story:
strawberry, last week -
Get me out of here, the full-priced CDs are scaring me and I don't like it.

We're in the same boat. :wink:

Why is the Stones' version of 'Oh, Carol' too slow and the Berry version too slick...could not someone emalgimate the two to make an uber-Oh, Carol?

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 20 2004, 07:14 PM
:ninja: True story:
strawberry, last week -

We're in the same boat. :wink:
[snapback]402936[/snapback]​

Welcome, sister Scrooge! :lol: I won't pay 15/20 dollars for an album, thank you mister. Only if it's U2 or The Clash.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 20 2004, 07:31 PM
Why is the Stones' version of 'Oh, Carol' too slow and the Berry version too slick...could not someone emalgimate the two to make an uber-Oh, Carol?
[snapback]402955[/snapback]​

Let's do it. The Fashion Spot Ska-Jazz-Rockabilly Fusion Ensemble.

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 20 2004, 11:31 PM
Welcome, sister Scrooge! :lol: I won't pay 15/20 dollars for an album, thank you mister. Only if it's U2 or The Clash.
[snapback]402956[/snapback]​
Let's see now... if I pay the going price as it goes, about 31.4427 dollars, well then I have to get a loan to get all the sounds I need. :wacko:

But I make exceptions to all my rules....

And and and, anyone going to offer me some nice, friendly information on Deep Dish ?

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 20 2004, 05:33 PM
Let's do it. The Fashion Spot Ska-Jazz-Rockabilly Fusion Ensemble.
[snapback]402961[/snapback]​

Get in there. :lol:

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 19 2004, 05:40 PM
I hated the last album, only New York and Beautiful Day are worth the price I paid. I'm not sure the new one will change my opinion, but it's what they say, never say never. :flower:
[snapback]402143[/snapback]​

I wasn't a huge fan of their last album, either, honestly.... one of my least favorites by them... course I liked POP, so who's to say? A lot of my favorites by them aren't singles, either.

Originally posted by Erin@Oct 20 2004, 08:47 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of their last album, either, honestly.... one of my least favorites by them... course I liked POP, so who's to say? A lot of my favorites by them aren't singles, either.
[snapback]403039[/snapback]​

I like POP too. :mrgreen: It's a good album. But "Boy" and "Achtung, Baby" are still my all-time favourites. :clap:

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 19 2004, 02:59 PM
To my defense, I don't like anything from after the 80's. Maybe the Cardigans, Blur, Beck, and that's pretty much it. Everything sounds like it has been done before imho - i.e. those "vintage" bands like Strokes, Libertines, etc.
[snapback]401941[/snapback]​

I know what you mean. The only music I listen to from this decade is from Japan. I was born at least fifteen years too late. :cry:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 20 2004, 12:17 PM
[snapback]402478[/snapback]​

anything you can get hold of by help she can't swim.

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Oct 20 2004, 09:10 PM
I know what you mean. The only music I listen to from this decade is from Japan. I was born at least fifteen years too late. :cry:

I've felt like this most of my life. The only time I felt I belonged was back in the 80's. I used to listen to the radio a lot, so my childhood was filled with The Cure, The Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen, INXS, U2, Duran Duran, Clash (though they were over before I could say my full name), and all those british bands that were big back in the day.

And since you mentioned Japan, Guitar Wolf :mohawk: .

Just got back from a sort of collaborative creative evening thing, and I felt like talking about it for some reason, but no one seems to be on right now... Apart from some of the dance performances and this one awesome guy who randomly sang German opera, it was all basically the same thing. These endlessly similar sounding early twenty-somethings strumming on their guitars and singing on and on and on.
I really stopped listening to what they were saying after a while. So much of exactly the same, selfish, self-indulgent angsty thing. A long endless monotone of them mumbling to themselves. I finally got up and just went out for some air during one of the numbers, there was only so much that I could stand of it. I suppose they have to get it out of themselves, but it made me incredibly thankfull that I don't even know how to play a guitar.
:lol: Please to heaven that I don't ever do that.

Somebody told me , that you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February last year(sp?).....cause I've got potential... :heart:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 24 2004, 05:58 AM
I really stopped listening to what they were saying after a while. So much of exactly the same, selfish, self-indulgent angsty thing. A long endless monotone of them mumbling to themselves.
[snapback]405279[/snapback]​
Speaking of which, met the best busker I've ever met last night. She just kept singing ''You never bloody called. You little b@st@rd, why couldn't you just have called?''.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 24 2004, 06:21 AM
Speaking of which, met the best busker I've ever met last night. She just kept singing ''You never bloody called. You little b@st@rd, why couldn't you just have called?''.
[snapback]405358[/snapback]​
:order: See what happens when people don't call... :lol:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 25 2004, 02:21 AM
:order: See what happens when people don't call... :lol:
[snapback]405531[/snapback]​
I know, it's sad... -_-

new divine comedy dvd released today...live performance in london , iinterview, and two videos...going to get it now.........................yahooooooooooo!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->