The Eyebrow Thread, all you need to know and ask about your arches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bonchic@Dec 9 2004, 03:09 AM
I love love love Jennifer Connelly's eyebrows I want them soo bad! My eyebrows look like Grace Kellys in that picture I think. Man when I was like 12 or maybe a little older my sister screwed my eyebrows up sooooo bad! They were like pencil thin I was soo mad at her and it hurt because she had to take alot of "fur" off! Her eyebrows are naturally thinner and have a arch. What I hate is one of my eyebrows grows in a different shape... :angry: Maybe when I get a chance I'll take a picture of them and you can tell me what shape I should have someone do. :wink:
[snapback]457373[/snapback]​

YEAH!! I can be an online eyebrow consultant. I think I am going to leave university and set up shop. Seriously the idea fills me with glee!

okay I'll try and get a pic asap! I would soo appriciate it because I don't really know if I can trust those people at the spa's to not make my eyebrows pencil then!

i love shaping my brows...and wierdly...i actuyally get compliments on my brows and people always ask me where i get them done...

i do them myself of course... ^_^ :rolleyes:

I find my brows to be easy to control, I don't have to pluck them that much... I would never go get them done because I'm scared they might tear it all off and make them pencil thin, which is my worst nightmare.

i love great brows & try to maintain them as much as possible. i do them myself, but am treating myself to a professional just before the new year.

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Dec 8 2004, 08:52 PM
I have black eyebrows, should i use a black liner ?
Or should i go for brown ?
[snapback]457243[/snapback]​

i've read you shouldn't use a pencil to fill them in...get a shadow (from Bobbi Brown:(

Define brows using the Eye Brow Brush and shadow toned to your haircolor. Begin at the inner corner of the brow and follow its natural shape using light, feathery strokes.

or you can use a brow wax...i use this by lorac:

P8527_hero.jpg

brows are very important, not only it opens up the eyes, but it also shows how neat a person can be.. the first thing i do before applying make up is to make sure my eye brows are in perfect condition.

i like a perfectly arched brows. :wink:

I think brows are very very important. I keep mine as neat as possible. Mostly they're rather shaped like Charlotte Church's eyebrows, but hers are just a little nicer (I envy her brows - they're amazing).

I once had them quite thin. ...at least I didn't look scary when I did, but I really like them thicker. :smile:

And Aishwarya Rai has GORGEOUS eyebrows. :smile:

I find my face looks totally different whenever I get them reshaped.

Therefore I think they are quite important. :flower:

Oh god... I reallly like my eyebrows. People comment on them all the time. They ask where I get them done, but I do it myself! :smile: I have the Lancome tweezers and a 10x magnifying mirror. I do them like everyother day. I also trim them. I can see the difference when I do them, especially if I've been lazy and didn't do it for awhile. I also trim my bf's eyebrows cause sometimes he gets really long hairs and it bothers the hell out of me! I hate seeing ugly misshaped eyebrows.

i'd love to have nicer brows... but they're very sparse so the ends don't extend far enough. i think i have a nice arch for whatever's there though... i think great brows really do wonders... i look funny when i use pencil or anything on it though :(

I hate hate hate my eyebrows. In fact, I could go on Jerry Springer with "MY EYEBROWS RUINED MY LIFE!". About a year ago, my friend took them to be professionally waxed, and I felt great. However i've always been very clueless about fashion and appearance, and embarassed about asking for help. After 3 weeks I noticed some hair was growing back and I had a big exam to go to. I had no tweezers or anything, so...yes long story but it resulted in me missing my exam and having no eyebrows left.

It has taken about 7 months for them to grow back but there are some places where they just won't grow. I've got very very thick eyebrows but they start so far back, and they are both different shapes.

I used to not go into school because I felt so stupid and ugly, because one eyebrow started further back, I only had the courage to grow it out over the summer holidays, which did make a difference, but now the hair on the left brow grows straight upwards, whereas the right one , the hairs are in line to perfection.

I bought some bodyshop brow liner, but you can tell i'm wearing it , i'm sure i'm putting it on wrong.

Bleh. T_T

Originally posted by kimair@Dec 9 2004, 01:49 PM
i've read you shouldn't use a pencil to fill them in...get a shadow (from Bobbi Brown:(
or you can use a brow wax...i use this by lorac:
P8527_hero.jpg

[snapback]458379[/snapback]​

Thanks for the advice ! :flower:

i hate my eyebrows and i dont know what to do with them :cry:

mine are flat...absolutely no arch whatsoever..

actually its worse than flat because they look like :o <- this one

my brows are short, so i need to use a pencil to draw in the ends (filling them just wont do it because theres nothing to "fill" towards the outer corner.. )

the hair is all wrong too.. they grow pretty sparse but each individual hair is pretty long... so if i dont do anything about it my brows will look messy, but if i trim them to be short and neat my brows will look empty...

i hate the worst brows ever!! :angry:

if you are having a hard time trying to get your brows to stay in right place, try moustache wax. it's weird, i know, but it really works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carluaz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->