The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Originally posted by Alejandro+Dec 16th, 2003 - 2:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Dec 16th, 2003 - 2:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ribes@Dec 14th, 2003 - 9:12 am
I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to foundations.. But Alex know this. Diorlight is B) :flower: :heart:
My Dear Sofia where have you been :kiss:

Diorlight, as I told you before MissPurple, is a very sheer, light-reflecting foundation, it doesn't cover up serious imperfections, but if you dont have them, it will look totally radiant and beautiful. Just tone it down with pressed powder, even though Diorlight is Oil Free, is not going to cause any excessive shine. If you are not willing to buy any other product, why don't you try Estee Lauder's Day Wear Plus? Is a tinted moisturizer that brings this absolute glow on skin, and it tints it very softly, giving you a radiant look 24-7. If you use it before the Chanel compact, this will counteract the powdery flat look. :wink: [/b][/quote]
thanks again, for dropping by :wink:

so if Diorskin isn't matte, and nothing in Dior is ever that MATTE, then Diorlight still isn't a matte kind of foundation, is it? and I don't think I'd use a liquid foundation, no matter how nice and how light it is. ok, I'm just weird :lol:
I think I'll just stick with my Diorskin compact, everytime I switch my powder foundation, I realize how good it is and always come back to it :P and I'll prob. try the Chanel T Mat and see if it's gonna work perfectly along with my Diorskin.

as for the Chanel compact, before I wear it I do use a base from DiorSnow that gives this lovely glow, and this base works amazingly under most powders I've used, but just not the Chanel one. it looks like the powder is "standing" on my skin or something, just way to powdery and makes me look dead. :ninja: I have almost-flawless skin I mean, I really don't need to be covered up :cry:

Hi Alex!

I was in London last week and in Brussels yesterday. Next week in Madrid... :rolleyes: :innocent: :blink:

Sofia

I use Clinique city stick and it's like a 2 in 1 foundation type of deal. I think it also comes in a compact but I'm not sure how matte the finish is compared to Dior. I have combination skin and it seems to work for me but I don't put it all over my face.

there's a really good powder foundation from lancome, but i can't seem to recall its name -- it ships in a sky blue container

Originally posted by Boudoir Belle@Dec 16th, 2003 - 10:49 pm
there's a really good powder foundation from lancome, but i can't seem to recall its name -- it ships in a sky blue container
is it the dual finish one in a square shaped case?

u can also try shiseido's pureness compact foundation. i use that in the summer...its oil-free and the powder is suppose to be oil-absorbing. u might even want to just use a mattifyer under the foundation that u love...smthing u can try is stop shining from make up for ever or i know shiseido pureness has one too in a silver tube.

anyone have any suggestions for a foundation with a dewy finish?

stila illum. foundation....kinda dewy-ish illuminating.

clinique has a dewy foundation

chanel vitalumiere fluid and cream leave a dewy finish

Or you can add a tiny bit of pigment (like MAC.. Vanilla is excellent for this or if your skin is a bronze color, then maybe melon) to any foundation and you'll achieve the dewy look.
Another solution is the strobe cream from MAC used in combination with your foundation.

HTH,

Sofia

i have large pores on my nose and cheeks....also a lot of blackheads on these two areas...it seems that no matter how clear my skin gets, my nose is riddled with blackheads!!! :angry: know of any good ideas to shrink my pores and get rid of my blackheads??

I have the same problem and people have suggested getting a facial to me (which I have never tried before). This might work for you as well?... :ninja:

i have found that pores are genetic and just god given.... i dont have large pores but the pores i have dont go anywhere even after years of facials... sucks....

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 8th, 2004 - 3:11 pm
:cry:
dont cry... :(......

really i think we are all our own worst critics... i see the pores, imperfections on my face like they are huge but i never notice those type of things on people's faces....

powder does wonders for pores....

i think that estee lauder idealist is supposed to be good for it

and also estee lauder micro-d

the best person to ask is alejandro

Sadly, pores are genetic and only get larger as you age :cry:
You can't get rid of the blackheads on your nose, that's a fact, regardless of what you try. You can only remove them temporarily though...

As for the facials... they are quite bad for your face. It only irritates your skin and most people end up getting small bruises and break out.

My advice on your pores? Live with it. They aren't going to go away.

you have to get good facials.... the facials you speak of china are the worthless kind and do more harm like you said a good one will improve your skin for SURE but it is $$$$ .... and they do remove blackheads but there is something that will improve your skin 100% shrink pores somewhat because it decreases oil, will remove every single blackhead you have and zit... accutane but i got in fight about this before so that is all i will say. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->