The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

^I've been considering the same thing . . . my friend mentioned NARS Laguna because she says it's the only bronzer that makes her look tan instead of dirty. I'm afraid it might be too dark though . . .

I didn't try out the Chanel one bc it looked quite dark indeed...Same with NARS Laguna :-(, which I'd have to order online but with stuff this tricky I first want to test it before buying.
I went ahead and bought the YSL one, it's quite a peachy bronzer and does not look orange on my pale skin. Still have to test it at home though, I'll let you know :flower:.

And for those with issues like mine, I found Lisa Eldridges video about finding the right bronzer to be very helpful. Basically she says light skin should go for a peachy shade, light-medium skin for honey tones, etc.
http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/9750/four-shades-of-bronze/

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Bobbi Brown's Bronzer recently, in the lightest shade and without shimmer. I really like it, I used it today and didn't use blusher ( I usually do) and I really like that look! very natural.

I've been using the YSL bronzer for over a week now and I really like it. It's slightly shimmery in the pan, but I don't notice any shimmer when I put it on. It's impossible to overdo it with this bronzer, it's gives just the right amount of colour and does not look orange on my pale skin, which was just what I was looking for.

Can someone recommend a good foundation for combination to dry skin (though my skin tends to be more dry in winter)?

^ Hmm..really? I've never tried any MAC foundations, but I've read many times that they make the skin break out.

Has anyone tried any of Bobbi Brown's foundations? how are they?
I had the Long Lasting one, it's a nice foundation, nothing special though and I wouldn't say it's that long lasting.

can anyone id the liquid foundation in the pic below please? thanks! :heart:

picture from fashionshowphotos.net

Has anyone tried MUFE Face and body? Intrigued after seeing a review on gossmakeupartist.

I would like to get a powder...but what is it really good for?
I usually put moisturizer, then foundation, then blush and/or bronzer...when should I use the powder?

I would like to get a powder...but what is it really good for?
I usually put moisturizer, then foundation, then blush and/or bronzer...when should I use the powder?
Most powders, especially MAC powders and pressed powders IMO, leaves the skin looking very flat. A lot of people seem to like this, though I've never quite understood why. A lot of people also like matte skin, which is also difficult to comprehend. It doesn't look natural, and you just get that flat dead look. If you don't need powder (as in your skin being extremely oily) then just skip it. I stay away from pressed powders, I only use the Chanel loose powder to set concealer under the eyes and around the nostrils. It makes it last a bit longer.

I would recommend Chanel loose powder. I have very oily skin so really need it, but it doesn't look lifeless like some do.

The Chanel loose powder is very finely milled, it's such a nice product

^Or MAC Face & Body since it's kind of a hassle dragging around 6 120 ml bottles...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->