The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Originally posted by Alejandro+Jan 9th, 2004 - 7:59 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 7:59 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Jan 8th, 2004 - 3:37 pm
Thanks. :blush: Alejandro...where are you... :innocent:
hehe, here I am. :lol:

I agree with Sean, Idealist is a great product to reduce the size of pores. In addition, the Micro D scrub will help even out skintone, as for perfect penetration of the Idealist.

You might also want to try the Clinique "Pore Minimizer" lotion, which comes in a tube. I haven't tried it, but I have heard its good, but I have tried the Instant Perfector, which is this silicone based product with two shades, which blends easily on skin, filling out pores for a flawless look, without clogging them.

Other option, if you don't want to go for a facial, is get a steamer, or just boil a pot with water, and cover your head with a towel, so the vapor stays inside that area, and that will open up pores. That will help you with blackheads, so you can strip them out carefully without using your nails. This will work the first 10 minutes, because the pores will go back to their normal size.

I hope this helps :wink: [/b][/quote]
Sounds good, thanks. I will have to try the steaming method! :P

Accutane is very serious, actually, it's one of the acne medications that I tried that I was scared of using, because of all the side effects that it has. I was feeling so depressed that I dropped it on the second week, and gave it to my friend, which was in Accutane, and didn't have any side effects. I have heard also that Accutane is very dangerous if you are using it while you are pregnant, because your child might born with abnormalities.

hey thanks for the suggestions! i am sure one of these products will give me what i am looking for. :flower:

YSL Teint eclat de soie, it has a very nice texture and it smooths out any bumps or rough spots on the face

Originally posted by amy1022@Jan 7th, 2004 - 12:41 am

clinique has a dewy foundation
The Clinique one(Dewy Smooth) has tons of moisture in it and feels quite thick on-only people with really sundamaged, really dry wrinlked skin like this product.
(I work for clinique)

yes it is true accutane has serious side effects if taken while pregnant as many other medications do.... the depression thing is blown way out of proportion in my opinion.... it did not alter my mood whatsoever and i think maybe sometimes people are depressed to begin with and look for reasons but who knows.... it truly will clear EVERYTHING on your face if you are interested.

Accutane is really the BEST thing for acne and shrinking pores out there....
but I had the same side effect as Alejandro.
The depression was awful. And my dermatologist didn't warn me of that side effect and it took me quite a while to put two and two together.
Though I think the trick is to up your dosage very slowly to avoid the side effects.
Worked for a friend of mine.

herlow.
i've got problem skin (slightly dry and red marks from past acne. and some zits here and there, from time to time) and very VERY fair skin. it's nearly paper white. i have problems finding the right foundation.
i want a medium coverage, something that would cover up the rednesses in my skin. it HAS to be porcelaine or something, because otherwise i look terrible.
please hellllp! merci.

I have a very fair, north European skin-type...I just mix really white concealer with a light foundation to make uber-light foundation when I have red patches...

MAC Used to make SUPER light foundations - but discontinued because nobody really used them - The lightest I think was either W5 or W10. I know I still have a W10 loose powder somewhere around here and it is close to paper white.

You can call around to mac stores to see if any of them have any left.

Good luck!

OK - after some quick research I found that on the website they still carry the W15.

Without seeing you I cant even begin to know if you need lighter than the NC15, but if you know mac, and you KNOW you need lighter than that, you can go with the NC15 (or W15 if you have all pink undertones - not counting pink spots) and find a W10 powder to go with it.

I found an ebay auction that has a W10 studiofix - the picture looks really gray though.

Good luck!

Prince gave you a nice tip, because I know that is really hard to find a lot of colour variety of foundations, from the lightest to the darkest skintones. What I would do is, because concealers normally comes in really light shades, I would get two of them, which comes in little sticks, and blend them with the lightest lightweight low coverage foundation. This mixture will give you the perfect level of coverage desired. Of course, this is not easy to do, but if you try a bit, you might find the hang of it... :wink: I hope this helps :flower:

I don't know if this will help, but they sell "Elizabeth I" type white face powder at costume shops. My sister has some for her Renaissance outfit and it works really well. :flower:

:lol: Also, it's the stuff used by actors, therefore it should be fairly comfortable. :flower:

hello!
i am also uber-pale, I use Clinique's almost makeup 01 and i love it!

Ye, but Clinique's Almost Makeup does Almost Nothing.
I barely get any coverage from it.

what about Laura Mercier's oil free foundation in porcelain ivory?

Originally posted by tgp+Jan 10th, 2004 - 2:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tgp @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 2:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-amy1022@Jan 7th, 2004 - 12:41 am

clinique has a dewy foundation
The Clinique one(Dewy Smooth) has tons of moisture in it and feels quite thick on-only people with really sundamaged, really dry wrinlked skin like this product.
(I work for clinique) [/b][/quote]
i have really dry skin and i hate the way it feels. i always put moisturizer on before makeup but my face still has dry patches. i dont know if a dewy foundation is what i am looking for exactly but i really like the way it looks on people. would this clinique foundation be right for my skin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->