The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Hi everyone! I'm new to TFS but I'm glad I found this thread :smile:
Talking about primers, shoegal87 - did NARS primer ever made your skin to break out? I use MAC Prep+Prime sometimes, it works great but if I wear it for too long, it makes my skin to break out :doh:
Last summer I used Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum instead of a primer, it was awesome! It evens out and brightens the skin, so you get this fresh morning glow. It's a little pricey though, around $80.

That's because she's wearing a cream highlighter... Probably MACC CCB in Pearl. I have a creme-to-powder highlighter (Dewy All Over Radiance Creme) from Jemma Kidd that looks just like it, it's called Iced Gold...£17 for 10 g while MAC CCB in Pearl is £13.50 for 3.2 g. I can def. recommend the Jemma Kidd highlighter, it lasts all day on me. I can send you a pic if you want!

Youre a life saver!! :lol: I got the MAC CCB in Pearl and its gave me that sheen thats just so natural but just pops. A pity I cant get hold of Jemma Kidd products now, but its alright I got the pictures and some reviews on it online. Again, thanks so much!! :D

^Oh yay! I had to order mine, that sucks...we have none of the good brands in DK :(

Hi everyone! I'm new to TFS but I'm glad I found this thread :smile:
Talking about primers, shoegal87 - did NARS primer ever made your skin to break out? I use MAC Prep+Prime sometimes, it works great but if I wear it for too long, it makes my skin to break out :doh:
Last summer I used Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum instead of a primer, it was awesome! It evens out and brightens the skin, so you get this fresh morning glow. It's a little pricey though, around $80.

No! never!! not even their foundation, it actually has good ingredients for the skin (not the primer but the foundation!) :flower:

The new(ish) L'Oreal foundation is great . . . it's actually the only one I own. I don't remember the full name, but it's the Visible Lift Serum foundation. I just guessed on color and it matches almost perfectly. It's supposed to be anti-aging, but I'm 19 anyways haha. I just chose it based on MUA reviews, since I don't wear foundation enough to warrant the purchase of a high-end one. Now I don't need to, this one is wonderful! My friend couldn't tell I was wearing anything on my face, so she asked me really curiously why my skin tone was so even :D I apply it with my fingers and then blend a little with a sponge.

Has anyone here tried Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover? I currently use Bare Minerals, but I feel like it wears off relatively early on in the day; I need something with serious coverage and solid staying power.

I went to great lengths to buy the HD foundation, and i'm disappointed, which surprises me because everyone loves it. It goes all dry and ages my skin with zero sheen on the skin. Upsetting!

Yay, I found my perfect foundation:smile:. It's Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle in Coconut Milk Parfait, it suits my skin shade perfectly. It has a great coverage- I don't even have to use concealer, just a bit of powder. And it doesn't make my face dry. The only minus is that it don't fave SPF, but I use a moisturizer with SPF under it.

I think I need some new foundation, but I'm all confused..
I always thought I have skin with pink undertones, but I looked in the mirror at daylight and saw that my neck is pale, but more yellow.
So.. I need some foundation, which is really pale (I was thinking toward Bobbi Brown 00 Alabaster or 0 Porcelain), all Lancome, Dior etc tend to be too dark and too yellow.. Though, it seems we don't have all tone range here.
So, I can buy Bobbi Brown, but I'm not sure - which one?
It should be not very sheer, to cover redness, and it shouldn't reveal dry patches (when I have them..unfortunately). But I'm afraid those for dry skin would be too heavy and oily, my skin type is combination, but dehydrated.. So it can have shine, too.(
Maybe, BB Skin foundation would be OK?
Who has experience with it? Or maybe Shiseido ones?
Givenchy Photo'Perfexion seems to be light, too, is it darker than Bobbi Brown's Porcelain? And what do you think of it?

If you live in Asia, Shiseido might be more readily accessible and have lighter colors. I personally only have experience with Bobbi Brown, and her shade range is very wide and has foundations way lighter than even my winter-white skin! The tinted moisturizing balm has pretty good coverage and might be nice if you do have dry skin. With foundation though it's always best to go to a counter and ask for samples/get color matched!

I need some advice!! I've had a terrible experience with a skincare brand that I won't mention. It made me break out in huge cyst across my face which have left scars/large pores. Could anyone recommend a primer/foundation combo that will cover this up without making my skin worse? Thanks!!!

anyone who can recommend a primer that doesn't make you break out and doesn't make your foundation look flaky but neither too shiny...?

I just got the L'oréal studio primer, and my skin's prone to breaking out, so I'll let you know :wink:.

I need some advice!! I've had a terrible experience with a skincare brand that I won't mention. It made me break out in huge cyst across my face which have left scars/large pores. Could anyone recommend a primer/foundation combo that will cover this up without making my skin worse? Thanks!!!
Maybe you should see a doctor and see if he can prescribe you anything that will help you while you're at it - I can very much understand the need to cover your skin up in the meantime. I think La Roche-Posay does a foundation and a concealer, buth pretty full coverage, and very gentle too. You should check out the Lisa Eldrigde video on covering up acne on youtube

Can someone recommend a nice highlighter? I can't find Benefit or Becca here, so nothing from these brands, please. TIA:smile:

RMS Beauty living luminizer. Amazing! Very nice, dewy look without sparkles.

Thanks, but these brands are also unavailable here.:D What a pity!:angry:

Can anyone reccommend me a foundation that conceals well but at the same time doesn't look cake-y?

Plus, I need a new sun powder, without too much shimmer, so I would like to get some tips on that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->