The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by karen k, Oct 31, 2003.

1. tgp

tgp New Member

I doubt you will like it-but you can always return it. Clinique company policy is to refund customers for anything they say didn't work for them, so it is a no lose situation. I second Sofia's suggestion for the Strobe Cream if you want a glowy, dewy look with added moisture. The Clinique one is just sooooo thick.

2. brian

brian New Member

I love Dior's Diorskin Compact foundation. I think you should give it a try!
    Even though it's a powder, it provides great coverage and evens out redness and helps you to look more "alive" - I can attest to this, because I've seen people who use this foundation on days when they forgot to, or had yet to, put it on.. :lol:

It also comes in tons and tons of pale shades. The palest looks almost clown/gost/milk/reallyeffinpale white. It might be just what you're looking for!

...I would've also recommended MAC, since their lightest shade basically *is* clown white, but MAC's foundations tend to be breakout-inducing.

Also, if you don't give the Dior a try I'd definitely recommend Make Up Forever's pan stick. It is great for problem skins. I have combination/oily skin, and so do a lot of my friends who've used and swear by this foundation, and we all love it and have never experienced any breakouts! It provides way more coverage than medium (think totally flawless/airbrushed makeup ad...), and the lightest shade is...extremely pale.

Also, a great way to achieve the "OMG! totally airbrushed,perfect skin" makeup look would be using the MUFE with the Dior powder over it! :o

3. studiolife

studiolife New Member

It depends on the person - I'd say less, but no greater than 5% bring foundations back to the store because of breakout issues, however it DOES happen - some people do just have skin sensitive to MACs foundations.

4. Sugo

Sugo New Member

Brian,
    what's MUFE?

5. karen k

karen k New Member

thanks so much for the help..i will def try one of these products. :flower:

6. banana

banana New Member

Why don't you go to one of the makeup counters that do custom makeup blends for your skin tone? It's probably expensive, but it may be worth it if you use it every day.

7. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Definetely try Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, or Matte Silk foundation; depending on how you like your finish. They do shades 0-10, and half shades as well, so they are quite easily matched to your skin tone. I'm about an #5.5, and I know a girl with porcelaine skin - she is like the PPP, and she's about an #0. Armani LSF & MSF are used by a lot of major movie make-up artists as well, such as the make-up artists who worked on Drew, Cameron & Lucy in Charlie's Angels, so they are quite good quality. Coverage and finish is great too, although the coverage isn't super heavy, if that's what you're looking for. HTH :smile:

8. brian

brian New Member

9. crazyfordior

crazyfordior New Member

Clinique Pore Minimizer is good. It makes your face so compact and you can't see anymore blackheads and large pores. It has a matte finish touch and I wear it from morning to night, over a good moisture cream

10. eastsidecouturechic

eastsidecouturechic New Member

AHH! :angry: Ok, i have very, very fair skin. It is blotchy however and i need foundation or else i look..... :sick: dead. I'm willing to shed out money as long as it looks good. I can get the lightest foundations at generic places and i still look like Snow White with bad bronzer on. PLease help!

11. ribes

ribes New Member

I have a friend who loves Chanel's lightest compact foundation color (in Europe they have different names than in the US, but if I'm not wrong, the color there is called vanilla) and she also likes Laura Mercier's lightest foundation (porcelain beige I think it is). That stuff looks white (with a hint of yellow) in the pot, but works great!

HTH,

Sofia

12. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

13. xoxmisspinupxox

xoxmisspinupxox New Member

Alright, these products are tres cheap (yay for drugstore brands?), but I swear they're amazing for fair skin. Cover Girl Continuous Wear foundation in the lightest colour it comes in (don't have the name, sorry) with Bonne Bell powder compact (it's the green one, lol) overtop. I've got incredibly fair skin and this is the best way I've found to get even skin. Hope that helps :smile:

14. brian

brian New Member

Diorskin Powder Foundation and Makeup Forever Panstick.

15. prettypretty

prettypretty New Member

I love shiseido's foundation compact. It's easy to use, because it's so smooth. It light and covers well, and evens out the skine tone nicely (My skin is very blotchy too). They have a very light white ivory color. The compact is 22 dollars I think, and you can get the case for an extra 10 dollars, buy it at departments stores, shiseido boutiques, or Sephora.

16. Belle

Belle New Member

:blush: Hello everyone!

Forgive me if this question has been asked a million times. I'm new here and in desperate need of your expert advice.

I have very ruddy, rosacea-red skin on my face. I've tried so many various foundations with little success.

I'm 30 years old... I am a married mother of a two year old daughter. I have very little time to apply makeup in the morning, however, I will NOT leave the house without foundation on (due to my red cheeks!) :yuk:

My skin is combination... mostly oily t-zone and very dry cheeks. I am currently using Studio fix NC35. I like how easily it is applied, but do think that it may be a bit too drying some days.

It's hard to find a foundation that is quick and easy to apply (like Studio Fix) but that is the right coverage and type for my skin.

Please.. I need your help. Would you please respond after reading this post and give me your suggestions on foundations to try? I am lost.

I appreciate your replies!

Belle

17. tgp

tgp New Member

the best I have found for my combo skin is a liquid, so you might not be willing to try it. It is Laura Mercier oil free foundation-buildable coverage, long wearing, natural looking.

18. tealady

tealady New Member

I like Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage, but I think you'll find Madame recommends, Max Factor Panstik which if you can find the right shade works wonders and is inexpensive besides!

19. Girl54

Girl54 New Member

someone is my family uses dermablend....she has a terrible redness from her acne...

20. studiolife

studiolife New Member

Did you try Studio Tech or the new Studio Sticks from MAC?