The Face Winter 2021 : Adele by Charlotte Wales

This is gorgeous! Adele's on a roll, all of her recent covers have been stunning and this one's no exception. I love the softness of colors and even the slight blur works.

She looks great here...the nails im not sure... but the rest yes yes yes!

Hate the cover, love the editorial

She's always serving FACE indeed. Girl, keep on giving us everything! Not crazy about the cover but I love the editorial's energy.

The editorial pic (#4) with the palm on her face would have been a lovely cover.

It’s a beautiful editorial. But why is her make up always so heavy?

Dysfunctional, incoherent, silly. Catches you off-guard every time. Atypical let's-just-put-clothes-and-makeup on attitude. Vintage Rabanne little something, excess from the 80's, the infamous tracksuit and heels combo. Couple shots straight out of a CD artwork. An obviously overproduced cover and editorial, yet such a sense of spontaneity and freedom. Nothing in this makes sense or shows any sign of wanting to be liked. But I get it and I love it all the same.

Cool. It made me immediately google when her album is FINALLY coming out (fyi: tomorrow, hallelujah!) so we can finally put an end to the oversaturation of Adele on love, Adele on no love, Adele on losing love, Adele on losing weight, Adele's new body.. just.. release your insufferably corny mom-driving-a-van-reflecting-on-marital-vows music and get it over with..

She photographs beautifully, but I'll never understand the appeal of this woman.
I don't care how many notes she can hit, her music is beyond dull, and pedestrian.
As a personality, she's not even a compelling figure. She's just nice, and safe.

She photographs beautifully, but I'll never understand the appeal of this woman.
I don't care how many notes she can hit, her music is beyond dull, and pedestrian.
As a personality, she's not even a compelling figure. She's just nice, and safe.
Her music is quite soap opera. I'm not into her style either. Her pictures here are beautiful though.

She always photographs like a model time for her to get a fragrance campaign

Fair enough if you don't like her, but calling her personality "safe"? She is literally the funniest and most unfiltered singer I can think of.

My brother played her "new" album for me and it was so cheesy...tailor-made for suburban housewifes. That Wine song almost made my eyes roll-back to my nape.

Shouldn't The Face reflect an alternative point of view instead of just joining the herd in praising the same old subjects?

I agree about her style. She has a great voice (same I should say about Taylor as a writer), but I find these type of romantic singers quite overrated. I'm not saying it in "hate" terms, but when people talks a lot about these singers, then you listen to their songs to know whats going on and you say "I don't see it". Maybe I'm too alternative. Aubrey Posen would hate me. At the same time I find more interesting a girl like Ariana. She doesn't sings about broken hearts all time. She's fun and have a more positive perspective. Adele is "you broke my heart, I hate you, look me now", and I don't find attractive that kind of feeling of pain and revenge in every single song.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->