the Fashion Spot in the News ... Clippings, Snippets & Mentions

Says model on the rise Lara Mullen, “I’ve developed an unhealthy obsession with Googling myself and checking my Fashion Spot page. Generally, people write really nice things, but someone called me plain the other day. I suppose it could be worse.” [Telegraph UK] (via nymag)

US Elle August 2012
pdf-giant.com

Attachments

• stewart.jpg
    stewart.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 116
Yay for tFS!!

OMMA http://www.mediapost.com/ommaawards/winners/ has named tFS the 2012 Winner for Website Excellence in this category:
Fashion/Beauty/CosmeticstheFashionSpot by Evolve Media Corp. for theFashionSpot

Fashion-FashionSpot.jpg

The Fashion Spot offers everything from photos of celebrity wardrobe malfunctions, to lists of best discount sites, to advice about which beauty rules to break. A Macy’s sponsored section, The Denim Diaries, features writers for the site posing in different jeans and commenting about what to wear with them. The 11-year-old site, which began as an invitation-only forum for designers and stylists, now draws 2.4 million unique visitors each month.

Credits: Mike Dodge, President, AtomicOnline Dana Glazer, Co-Managing Director, AtomicOnline

As One PR exec told me recently, the designers he works with are more interested to heard what the anonymous commenters on TheFashionSpot.com have to say about their collections than the mighty critics.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Source: Dirk's Tour, Style.com/Print Magazine Spring 2013

that's both interesting and scary considering the amount of commenters who don't really know much about fashion or are very biased if their favorite model is in the show or something.

However, I will say that there are a lot of commenters in the runway threads that do bring a lot of interesting discussion to the fashion week collections threads, but it might get hidden amongst the comments like. "eww" or "boring" or "isn't this balenciaga blah blah" you get my drift.

that's both interesting and scary considering the amount of commenters who don't really know much about fashion or are very biased if their favorite model is in the show or something.

However, I will say that there are a lot of commenters in the runway threads that do bring a lot of interesting discussion to the fashion week collections threads, but it might get hidden amongst the comments like. "eww" or "boring" or "isn't this balenciaga blah blah" you get my drift.

Yeah, I'm guessing that these designers would probably pay more attention to comments which have a little more substance and are more eloquently worded. I don't think they would care too much for comments that just say "so boring", or at least I hope they don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this on Coco Rochas blog 'Oh-So-Coco'
You would be very surprised to know just how many models read Fashion Spot to find the latest news about themselves. Believe it or not I am one of them. Most girls will tell you that it is the most efficient way of obtaining the latest editorials or campaigns that they haven’t gotten a hold of yet. Sometimes I will go and take a look to see what people have to say about my latest shoots, weather it be positive or negative feedback. I think it’s good to hear what people have to say.

So to all my Fashion Spot followers I want to say HI and thank-you! Keep up the postings. I don’t know how you find some of these things before I do, but keep it up!

That would be me :ninja:

i know it's old news but reading that industrie remark--i find it rather amusing to hear how certain critics of the forum kind of paint this place with this massive broad brush without any real research of it's 11 year existence. that no-holds barred sentiment(which makes us all look like thoughtless half-wits or fickle tween) is offensively ignorant to the depth of discussion that actually exists on a daily basis not to mention the genuine intelligence of many of our members.

It is so nice to see that people working and well known in the fashion industry are mentioning this site. It is true that TFS is the best place to find the latest shoots or even candid shots and news about fashion.

It's true that sometimes, mostly in the celebrity area, many comments are not very constructive, but I like the fact that we can also have some debates and learn many things thanks to the experience of many members.

Coolest mention ever or that likely ever will be :heart: Very modern of him. Very grounded to admit it, also.

OMG! :shock: Dries read us!!! I love his designs so I hope I conveyed that well. ^_^

Very cool; thanks for posting!

As if I didn't adore this man with all my heart before! Such an honorable mention, indeed. So glad he checks this forum and reads the comments, it kind of gives at least to me an extra obligation to express my future opinions more thoughtfully and clearly explain why I like or don't like something. If people like him really read and care what we say, we should try to be as constructive as possible.^_^

Article: "How DOES Saint Laurent justify charging £40,400 for a polyester jacket? And £43,830 for a simple chiffon dress?"
Where: dailymail.co.uk

mQO32aJ.png

SNAPPED BY THEFRENCHY

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->